NEWS

Bull's Eye Double-Tap / Burst

• 33 Replies

RickDeckard

• Chummer
  • It can't rain all the time.
« Reply #30 on: <05-26-20/1333:46> »
I’m guilty of necroing a few threads. I figured the alternative was being told to use the search function if I started a new thread on the same topic. =)

But there’s still no clear cut answer to the defense penalty question?

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #31 on: <05-26-20/1407:55> »
But there’s still no clear cut answer to the defense penalty question?
As the name suggests you typically only use the "Bulls-Eye Double-Tap/Burst" Called Shot together with an attack that fire 2 or 3 bullets (which only reduce the targets defense pool by 1 or 2).
« Last Edit: <05-26-20/1414:45> by Xenon »

Lormyr

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #32 on: <05-26-20/1415:21> »
I personally believe this falls under the "specific rules trump general rules" clause.

The general rule of burst fire options is penalty to defense dice, but when using bull's eye or double tap those specific rules replace said general rules.
"TL:DR 6e's reduction of meaningful choices is akin to forcing everyone to wear training wheels. Now it's just becomes a bunch of toddlers riding around on tricycles they can't fall off of." - Adzling

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #33 on: <05-26-20/1602:18> »
I'd replace the benefit, yes, even if it's not there by RAW. No matter whether you fire 3, 6 or 10 bullets with the action, you get the benefit of 3 bullets for Bullseye and no defense penalty effect.

As GM, I want to only allow these with Narrow Bursts, still gaining the Narrow Burst damage benefit, but that means SA-Bursts cannot use this and I dislike nerfing it like that. I would allow combining them with a Narrow Burst for bonus damage, though, since that means you're turning your Simple Action into a Complex Action for the same amount of bullets.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!