NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <01-21-13/0054:56> »
Fionn decided it was a very wise idea to assume she wasn't exaggerating the threat.  "I'm pretty sure he knows he doesn't want to be in this position.  I'm working on getting you two freed, but you're not the only one whose bound - and this will take less time if you can keep still.  None of us seem to remember how we got here, or where here is.  And I'm bloody well certain I didn't come here of my own free will."

Fionn head the guy who woke him up chuckling, and called back"Seems I should, 'Buzz' - so long as she doesn't decide to be too much the oinseach".  The Gaelic jab just slipped in since he was just focusing on keeping the fear from taking control.

[spoiler]
10d6.hits(5)=4, 6d6.hits(5)=3
Composure to try to keep calm, Con to make it seem like he's not on the verge of a major freakout.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-21-13/0102:35> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <01-21-13/0107:06> »
The ork woman looked around to find other people naked, seemingly in the same situation. She decided to stay calm and let the ginger man do his thing, but warned the human she was bound to. "Keep your eyes above my neck, and if I feel any movement below your waist, it'll be the last movement you'll make in your life."

While the ginger man was trying to free her, she looked around at the others, trying to spot any tattoos or any other gang-related markings on the rest of the group members.

[spoiler]Not sure if I should do a perception check for all of them, but I'll try with the first few people closest to my character, namely Sam, Fionn and O'Connor
Intuition 4 + Perception 5 (9d6.hits(5)=4, 9d6.hits(5)=1, 9d6.hits(5)=3) So that's 4 hits on Sam, 1 hit on Fionn and 3 for O'Connor[/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <01-21-13/0203:02> »
As soon as she was free of the restraints and all the duct tape, she slid back into her body and started looking around.  Some of her companions looked 'yummy', although maybe this was not a good time.  Clearly the other ork woman thought so too, but was a lot more outspoken about it.  Well, she was used to running around with not many clothes on while 30 people were looking at you, which might help in this situation.

She stretched a bit to get the circulation back in her limbs, before checking on the others.  Again it was difficult to not let her eyes wander too low.
"Let's start by introducing ourselves," she said, "I'm Sammy and as you might have guessed, I can do magic stuff.  Anybody any idea where we are and how we got here?"
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #18 on: <01-21-13/0235:02> »
Fionn finished cutting the human's restraints and moved to the ork's.  "And, just a bit more to go here..."

"If we're finally doing names, I'm Fionn, and as you might guess, I'm not from around here.  I...  I am one of the Emerged."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <01-21-13/0243:19> »
O'Connor openly looked at Sammy's body for a moment, Why the hell not? Like Red pointed out, we'll all probably be dead by the next sunrise. So I might as well get my kicks while I can. He reluctantly raised his eyes to meet Sammy's, though her's seemed to be wandering a bit too, "O'Connor, badass. To answer your questions, no and no." He looked over at Red and smirked, "Tech-wizard eh? Well welcome to the great outdoors Red, a million miles away from even a datachip."He turned to face the two still unconscious and bound men and snickered, "Okay, we can untie these two now and avoid a," he pointed to the angry ork woman, "her situation. Ooor we can wake them now and have a hilarious situation...Fuck it." He started nudging the two with his foot, "Wakey, wakey!"
« Last Edit: <01-21-13/0325:52> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <01-21-13/0337:10> »
The ork woman looks at Sammy and quickly tries to find anything familiar she can go with.

[spoiler]Intuition 4 + Perception 5 (9d6.hits(5)=4) 4 hits on Sammy. So basically, my character will pretty much notice anything on her body such as tattoos, scars, etc.[/spoiler]

"You can call me Clem" she answers, "and I don't do any magic."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <01-21-13/0401:02> »
"You know Sammy, if you've got the ability, a bit of scouting around in the Astral world might not go amiss.  Got no idea how that actually works in situ, but still."  Finishing with the angry ork's bonds, Fionn sat back down on the ground, figuring the newly freed pair could see to the last pair's bonds.

"No magic, but you figured you were in a position to make threats?  What is it you can do?  Got this nagging feeling there's a theme tying this together..."
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <01-21-13/0409:10> »
"The man you just untied before me" and Clem nods to Sam "was just about to find out what I can do."

As soon as Clem is freed, she tries to look around to find something to wear, while covering her breasts with her right arm and her pubic area with her left.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <01-21-13/0418:42> »
So she does want to play the role of oinseach.

"...  Bollocks to the vague shit.  We want to have any chance of figuring this thing out, we need to work together and share out information, so stop being so guarded and answer the bloody question.  What can you do, and what do you remember?" 

[spoiler]10d6.hits(5)=4, 6d6.hits(5)=4
Composure and Con.  Fionn's getting dangerously close to freakout point, and just barely keeping it together.  But, he's putting on a good face.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-21-13/0428:08> by RHat »
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <01-21-13/0427:34> »
"I take care of the physical aspect of things, no pun intended" answers Clem. She then continues with "As for the last thing I remember, it's me being in a coffee shop, minding my own business."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <01-21-13/0432:53> »
"So, what, you fight?  How's that work without any sort of gear?  Got some 'ware or something?"
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <01-21-13/0440:53> »
"No weapons besides my fists, no. But I can take of myself in a fight, if that's your next question."

Clem then pauses for a short moment and says "You don't sound like you're from around here. Where were you last before ending up here? I was in a coffee shop in Seattle."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <01-21-13/0509:50> »
O'Connor grimaced, "Red, please tell us you were in Seattle. I don't wanna think about what it might mean if you were taken in Tír na nÓg, Scotland, or where ever you're from."
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <01-21-13/0532:20> »
Cagey.  Doesn't want to explain her ability.  After what I risk in revealing mine?  Go hifreann leat.

"Tír na nÓg born, raised, and proud - but I've been in Seattle for a couple months now."

"So, someone kidnaps a mage, a technomancer, a 'badass', and a frustratingly vague 'handles herself in a fight' person.  We need to find the pattern in the data - I might not be able to use my power, but information is my realm.  I need data...  I can confirm that I cannot feel a connection to the mesh or the Resonance out here...  If I can just find a signal...  Just need a signal..."
  Fionn draws his legs and arms in closer to his torso.

[spoiler]10d6.hits(5)=2, 6d6.hits(5)=2
Composure, Con.  Fionn's starting to feel the weight of this hit, and that's getting very hard to find.  He doesn't actually know for certain if he's in a dead zone or if he's somehow permanently lost his connection, and now that  he's actually stopped focusing on other subjects for a second, he's just now starting to consider that second possibility.  Freakout floodgates be opening.[/spoiler]
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <01-21-13/0545:23> »
Clem starts to think for a moment. "Mage, Technomancer, "badass" and me. The only connection we have now is Seattle. That and the fact these guys probably also run the shadows."

"I might be assuming here, but by the sound of things," says Clem to the rest of the group, "we're all runners. Runners from Seattle. That's what seems to link us together for now. Unless that's not true for some of us?"

With that, Clem takes one of the rocks laying on the ground and starts working on the restraints holding the 2 males together.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix