NEWS

What's your favorite heavy pistol?

• 91 Replies

Stoneglobe

• Omae
  • Drug Addled Console Cowboy
« Reply #60 on: <10-18-15/1043:54> »
Quick question. Which book is the Colt Agent Special listed in?

Thanks guys
´Wonderful´, the Flatline said,´I never did like to do anything simple when I could do it ass-backwards.´ - William Gibson, Neuromancer
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #61 on: <10-18-15/1048:08> »
Gun H(3)aven? 

Anyways, you're generally not supposed to holster a concealed weapon, psycho; it's not how most holsters are designed, and literally wouldn't work in a lot of cases.  What folks using suppressors usually do is draw the pistol, attach the silencer, then carry it in hand from there.  But that's real life. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #62 on: <10-18-15/1105:13> »
Since Hard Targets is out, I have a new favorite combo:

Colt America L36 7 7P — SA — 11 (c) 4R 320¥
Ceramic/Plasteel Components 6  1920¥
Easy Breakdown (manual) 750¥
11x Hand loaded Hi-De rounds 206¥ (+1 damage)

Total: 3.200 ¥ for a weapon that is virtually undetectable and highly accurate
If only they had brought back the chem seal for ammunition it would be perfect (although there are always the bioware smuggling compartments)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #63 on: <10-18-15/1600:23> »
Gun H(3)aven? 

Anyways, you're generally not supposed to holster a concealed weapon, psycho; it's not how most holsters are designed, and literally wouldn't work in a lot of cases.  What folks using suppressors usually do is draw the pistol, attach the silencer, then carry it in hand from there.  But that's real life.
Really? I wasn't aware of that. Well that solves the problems with the draw. Still looks stupid though. :P

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #64 on: <10-18-15/1626:53> »
Gun H(3)aven? 

Holster a suppressed weapon or a concealed weapon? Because I'm a bit confused as to how you're going to transport said weapon (loose in your pocket?) without a holster and why we even have these things called "concealable holsters".

;)
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #65 on: <10-18-15/1632:10> »
I'm guessing he meant suppressed.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #66 on: <10-18-15/1632:54> »
The rest of the sentence referred to suppressors so fairly sure that's what was meant
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #67 on: <10-19-15/0018:56> »
Yeah, derp on my part, not supposed to holster a suppressed weapon. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #68 on: <10-19-15/0645:56> »
That is unless the suppressor is already built into the barrel.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #69 on: <10-19-15/1127:30> »
Meh.

That's one of those things that are better left unsaid (even if true).

There reaches a point where 'realism' and 'lifelike' take a back seat to moving forward and having fun.....
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #70 on: <10-19-15/1314:00> »
Depends on the table. And the "looking stupid" part still remains. Can YOU picture your character using something like that?

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #71 on: <10-19-15/1642:25> »
Meh.

That's one of those things that are better left unsaid (even if true).

There reaches a point where 'realism' and 'lifelike' take a back seat to moving forward and having fun.....

Well, do note that AFAIK there's only two weapons with built-in suppressors... the Lightfire 75 and the Smartgun X
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #72 on: <10-19-15/1651:18> »
There is also the Slivergun, the Remington Suppressor, Ares Executioner and the HK Urban Combat
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #73 on: <10-19-15/1725:09> »
Late  to the party I know but the Shiawase Arms Heavy Tactical is in Gun Heaven 2 on page 27. It looks like someone posted the converted stats online.

As for favorite pistols I prefer the Predator and the Colt Government. Haven't seen the new Manhunter yet, but I have been fond of it's past incarnations.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Duellist_D

• Chummer
« Reply #74 on: <10-19-15/1747:01> »
The Yamaha Raiden also has an internal supressor.

And yeah, i would prefer it if players treated suppressors as something that gets put on AFTER you unholster it.
Rules might not cover that, but still...