NEWS

Calling All Browncoats!

• 222 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« on: <09-17-10/1119:14> »
Okay, so we're bogging/derailing a bunch of other threads with all our Firefly/Serenity references and quotes, I figured I'd put this topic in the Off-Off-Topic forum ;)

Some links:

Firefly Chinese Pinyinary - Translations of some of your favorite Firefly Chinese quotes.
Common Firefly curses
A truly cunning hat

Caine Hazen

• Global Moderator
  • Omae
  • Dumpshocker Emeritus
« Reply #1 on: <09-17-10/1129:41> »
Firefly sucked, and Whedon is a hack.

That is all
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat~DNA
SRGC 0.3: SR1 SR2 SR3 SR4++ h b+++ B--- D++ UB++ IE+ RN-- fnord DSF++++ W++++ hk+ ri++ m gm++ M--(+) P FP+

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <09-17-10/1137:32> »
DMFD!
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <09-17-10/1149:16> »

That is all

Pfft. Firefly is the best scifi show ever made.
Now try to name one better, so I can tell you you are wrong. lol  :D

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <09-17-10/1206:58> »

That is all

*sniff* *sniff*

Caine, you just brought a tear to my eye. It's refreshing to find somebody who has the same opinion of Whedon.

Joker, the only work of Whedon that I find acceptable is when he's playing in somebody else's sandbox. Screenplay for Toy Story? Awesome. Buffy/Angel? Crap. I had to suffer through Buffy as tradeoff for watching wrestling back when I both dating a girl who loved Buffy and had any passing interest in the WWF. Whedon can't write a joke to save his life, they all go on about a sentence too long. Firefly, Dollhouse? The guy can't keep his sci-fi on the air for more than a season. Yes, I know Dollhouse was on the air for two seasons. They were each half a season long.

As to your challenge, I'll drop RDM's Battlestar Galactica and Deep Space Nine.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <09-17-10/1214:14> »
Okay... Hold on a minute.

Why come in here and hate on us? This is a thread for fans of Whedon, not for people to call him crap.  >:(

burntheartist

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <09-17-10/1237:57> »

That is all

The cast was attractive I'll give them that. But it was a hodgepodge of ideas with a junior-level novel's plot. It wasn't awful, but I don't understand this level of fanaticism for it. It's like SciFi's Twilight, pretty people = best ever? That's handy to know as an artist. LoL

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #7 on: <09-17-10/1301:46> »

Why come in here and hate on us? This is a thread for fans of Whedon, not for people to call him crap.  >:(
Welcome to the internets!

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #8 on: <09-17-10/1317:26> »

Welcome to the internets!
Yeah, I know, I know... Just didn't expect it by the 4th post.

Maybe I should start a thread called "Haters of Whedon" so the fans have somewhere to go. :P

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <09-17-10/1401:27> »
The cast was attractive I'll give them that. But it was a hodgepodge of ideas with a junior-level novel's plot. It wasn't awful, but I don't understand this level of fanaticism for it. It's like SciFi's Twilight, pretty people = best ever? That's handy to know as an artist. LoL
I don't think you watched the show very carefully, since the interaction between characters was by far the best part.
As to your challenge, I'll drop RDM's Battlestar Galactica and Deep Space Nine.
As promised...
Both good shows. Just not as good. Battlestar Galactica? Even the biggest fans have to recognize that show has some serious flaws. The ending is worse than the ending of Lost... That's just for starters.
Deep space nine is great, but it's lacking in the action department and it's quality from episode to episode varied significantly at times. It could also be somewhat boring at times.
« Last Edit: <09-17-10/1414:43> by Joker »

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #10 on: <09-17-10/1435:24> »
But... but I liked the ending of Galactica... :(

Oh, yeah, and Alliance scum can kiss my ass! ;D
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <09-17-10/1506:17> »
...not for people to call him crap.

In all fairness, I called his work crap. He's willing to keep his ego in check enough to make fun of it on Robot Chicken, anybody willing to do that cannot be a bad person.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <09-17-10/1517:47> »
I'm just curious about the pretty people part.

Every single person on TV or in the movies is pretty.  Even the ugly ones are only "Hollywood" ugly, I.E. just less pretty.  Those are usually striking in some way, or look cool, or both (Danny Trejo, Edward James Olmos, I'm lookin' at you two).

I'm not sure how it differentiates Firefly from any other show ever made.  Ah, well.

I liked the ending to BSG because it referenced the old series.  That gave my nostalgia gland a big kick.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Welshman

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <09-17-10/1521:51> »
I'm sorry, but I can't in any way wrap my mind around Gary Busey (sp?) being 'pretty' in any sense of the way. Those eyes are just so wrong.
The Welshman
Catalyst Freelancer

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <09-17-10/1528:27> »
Lol. That's not all thats wrong about that guy. Did you ever see I'm With Busey? That guy's a nutjob.

As for the end of Battlestar... We'll have to agree to disagree. I never watched the old show a whole lot. It's pretty unsophisticated. Bad dialogue, sexist, bad props, bad sets, bad hair. Lol. To me it was just hokey.
« Last Edit: <09-18-10/1126:20> by Joker »