NEWS

Las Vegas Promo

• 10 Replies

Jamelfr

• Chummer
  • Nerps for beer. Nerps for president.
« on: <03-26-15/2251:14> »
There are some pics on BGG about a promotional item given to some FLGS : https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1342818/vegas-promo-expansion

Mainly a mission for beginners, but I so love the Vegas theme! There are even stickers and obstacles for it.  Gotta love Elvis Troll.  ;D

So I have to repeat the request I've posted there :   Dear developers, please pretty please, make those items downloadable as PDF soon! My gaming group (aka Wife and I) will absolutely love playing this mission! 
« Last Edit: <03-26-15/2255:18> by Jamelfr »

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-27-15/0828:27> »
Hopefully these will be available for purchase at some point...even if only at cons.

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <03-27-15/0838:59> »
Hopefully these will be available for purchase at some point...even if only at cons.

That would be a problem for me : i cannot attend cons (except Comic Con at Montreal but I highly doubt Catalyst travels that far).  So i keep my fingers crossed for PDF at some point.

ShadowcatX

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <03-27-15/0923:50> »
I hate it when people are like "sell it only at Cons". What does the business benefit from only selling something at Cons? All that does is artificially restrict who has access to it. Its like saying "only sell it to people whose name begins with a vowel", or "only sell it to females".

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <03-27-15/1010:33> »
I would much rather have all the digital content compiled and released as a formal product/add-on. However, if the only way to get the hard copy is via a con...at least it IS an option (though not ideal for many). I'm fortunate in that a friend hits most of the big ones (Origins, GenCon) and I can generally get con-specific releases...would much rather be able to simply purchase (even as POD).

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <03-27-15/1446:40> »
I can understand if selling hard copies of this expansion in stores is not profitable enough. Business is business. Hence my wish for PDFs (or POD, did not thought of that, thanks AJ).

I went to Vegas 5 times already and I want to fight Elvis Troll ;D

On the other hand, I am glad to see work is being done on the game!

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <03-28-15/0905:59> »
On the other hand, I am glad to see work is being done on the game!

Agreed!! ;D

daclown

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <03-29-15/2346:13> »
You can always hit ebay.
But for me, 40$ is a little bit on the "too high" side.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <03-30-15/0657:00> »
Excellent point, and agreed!! While I don't begrudge people selling things like his on eBay (con/event promos), the pricing can be rather wonky. I guess, one charges what the market will bear... ::)

Jamelfr

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <03-30-15/2100:17> »
You can always hit ebay.
But for me, 40$ is a little bit on the "too high" side.

Well, if there are people willing to pay that price, good for them. But that is way too high and I would guess that buyers would pay this price in the hope of a profit in the long run by reselling it as a collectionner item.

Well, I hope we'll be able to get that mini-expansion by more official ways...

Lord Cameron

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #10 on: <05-04-15/1234:17> »
I hate it when people are like "sell it only at Cons". What does the business benefit from only selling something at Cons? All that does is artificially restrict who has access to it. Its like saying "only sell it to people whose name begins with a vowel", or "only sell it to females".

I can understand why it might be a Con release though. The gaming companies pay a hefty fee to go the big cons, so they'd like to encourage folks to buy their new releases there, rather than sell them at a discount through wholesalers.
They might do something like give out the Vegas Promo as a bonus for those who buy the box set or expansion set(s), which would be nice.