NEWS

Body Rigger

• 5 Replies

JimJungle

• Chummer
  • I Keep My Ham Sliding...
« on: <05-01-11/0404:38> »
Would it be possible to make an entirely robotic body, no A.I. at all, but have all facial and voice software, and have a rigger jump into the body? Pretty mush a drone that looks like a metahuman.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #1 on: <05-01-11/0741:35> »
That's the Otomo Drone from Arsenal.

Only 24R availability and 150,000 nuyen.  ;)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #2 on: <05-01-11/1126:14> »
And, after Dues, that's probably the best we'll ever see for a long, long time!

Unless you build your own using the "Real Doll" as a basis for the chassis.  But then you start having to deal with your group making fun of your for your Boi/Grrlfriend.  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #3 on: <05-01-11/1229:15> »
I thought this was going to be about Ghost in the Shell style body hacking.  Would that be possible?  Seems like it might work with a hot sim unit, to use the same channels as a personafix BTL.
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

John Shull

• Chummer
  • Predictablility kills
« Reply #4 on: <05-01-11/1245:51> »
If your rigging it you can be jammed unless your running a wire or skinlink to it.  AI download is a better fit for doing it as they are the only ones who will want to make it that 'passable' as human.  Unless you were rigging a clone of yourself or others to double in a situation where there was no danger of dropping the signal. 
Opportunities multiply as they are seized.  --Sun Tzu

JimJungle

• Chummer
  • I Keep My Ham Sliding...
« Reply #5 on: <05-01-11/1632:16> »
A different way would be to use the "Real Doll" with an Animate spell. Or use Mass Animate in a Department Store with lots of maniquins. Or a Wax Museum. That would be one creepy mage who had a whole Wax Museum to Attack/Scare/Humiliate runners with. Hmmm...