NEWS

Suprathyroid gland and Synaptic Booster allowed?

• 19 Replies

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #15 on: <04-18-11/0038:06> »
Hey I take pride in my big American-ness! Though my family doesn't have any 300lbers, we're all around 6'4"-6'6" and ~250lbs (we're all orks and trolls over here)... I blame it on all that Scandinavian, Scottish, and Russian blood flowing through the family tree. My progeny will all be shorter if my wife's genes has anything too say about it.

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <04-22-11/1420:41> »
What, did they shrink in the wash?
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <04-22-11/1507:12> »
Hey I take pride in my big American-ness! Though my family doesn't have any 300lbers, we're all around 6'4"-6'6" and ~250lbs (we're all orks and trolls over here)... I blame it on all that Scandinavian, Scottish, and Russian blood flowing through the family tree. My progeny will all be shorter if my wife's genes has anything too say about it.

6'5" and 250 here - I was the shortest of my brother ;) They loved me at infantry school - took one look and handed me an M60E3, heh. Wife is short, but my son looks to be taking after me in height at least.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #18 on: <04-22-11/1542:26> »
My wife's family is closer to average height, but the men tend to be barrel-chested and muscular like forklifts (my uncle-in-law picked up a wall piano by himself and put it in a box truck - I've got a million of those stories).

They didn't love my height in the Army became as a pilot they want shorter smaller people and my sitting height surpassed all the regs... I had to get special clearance papers and a check ride with a full bird saying things like "Good gosh son I've never seen anyone fill a cockpit like that before."

I seem to always go through computer chairs because most have that dumb 235lb limit on them and those that are designed for "Big and Tall" just take longer to fall apart (warranties are gold for me)...

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #19 on: <04-22-11/1826:39> »
I'm one of the shortest in my family, and we tend towards the wiry end of strength, focusing on endurance and sheer willpower for strength.

However, we really, really, really like our beer, which doesn't help much late in life.  :P

There's also other issues that affect me personally.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11