NEWS

[6e] Cost of gas grenades

• 5 Replies

Odsh

• Chummer
« on: <01-16-21/1343:30> »
The cost for a gas grenade is indicated as "50¥ + 20 doses chemical".
The cost given for example for that good old Neuro-Stun X is 100¥ and for Seven-7, 1,000¥.
Does that mean that gas grenades with these substances cost respectively 2,050¥ and 20,050¥ ?  :o

EDIT: I see in the errata that the table with the toxin costs was initially missing. I guess they added those without verifying that there was a x20 multiplier in another table. "50¥ + 1 dose chemical" seems to be RAI.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <01-16-21/2034:59> »
Nah, 20 doses chemical seems to be the clear RAW and RAI here. They deliberately added the 20x doses in this edition, while the toxin prices are EXACTLY the same in SR6 as in SR5. In other words, all as intended, the writers already knew how expensive toxins were, and the x20 was still added.

And it makes sense. You're exposing an entire area instead of using a single toxin vector (macing a single person, poisoning a drink, shooting a poisoned dart/arrow/dmso capsule round). At that point, the heavy toxins are expensive as hell yes. But teargas is just 150 nuyen per grenade.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #2 on: <01-16-21/2121:19> »
This thread brought to you by the Cleaner Grenade!  "Pull the pin, and clean the crime scene!"

Brought to you by:  KRIME!!!!!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: <01-17-21/0443:02> »
This thread brought to you by the Cleaner Grenade!  "Pull the pin, and clean the crime scene!"

Brought to you by:  KRIME!!!!!
Nono: Pull the pin and clean the Krime.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Odsh

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <01-17-21/0527:40> »
Well, neuro-stun grenades just went from being a staple in a runner's arsenal to some sort of expensive niche weapon that you only bring out for special occasions, like rockets and missiles. From beer to champagne. It's a little sad. And the Seven-7 gas grenade is that Dom Perignon Rose Gold bottle most people will never see.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <01-17-21/1126:24> »
Well, neuro-stun grenades just went from being a staple in a runner's arsenal to some sort of expensive niche weapon that you only bring out for special occasions, like rockets and missiles. From beer to champagne. It's a little sad. And the Seven-7 gas grenade is that Dom Perignon Rose Gold bottle most people will never see.

On the bright side it also means runners will rarely face them.  The security chief that uses 2k or 20k in a single shot to try and subdue a group probably has reams of paperwork to fill out to explain why, And man if it fails, hoo boy would he be in trouble.