Shadowrun Play > Character creation and critique

An Archive of Adepts - Walking the Ways

<< < (4/22) > >>

Lethe:

--- Quote from: Aria on ---
--- Quote from: SwampFox on ---I'd like to offer up my wheelman/Smuggler Jackrabbit for the list, though I'm not sure what Way he would fall under, as well as Rattrap for the Silent Way, and Tenchi my Haruman Combat Monster for the Warrior's Way.  All at 400 BP+Karma.

--- End quote ---
Added for you :)  Is that The Dodger on Jackrabbit's contact list?

--- End quote ---
For that matter, i usually take Lofwyr as a contact. Comes in handy if you need him.
What i am worried more about is the million nuyen on the sheet, but then i thought this is for new example archtypes.
Well... boring....

JoeNapalm:
[DISCLAIMER: The following rant is not meant to deride, ridicule, or otherwise impunge Swamp Fox's build. It is merely a diatribe on the classification of said build. And yes, I've had a lot of coffee.]

As an erstwhile deshi of the Kazikure Ugi, I must respectfully observe that the "Rattrap" build is not a "ninja".

Sure he has stealth an can disguise himself and has Killing Hands...but his highest weapon skill is with Heavy Pistols? I'm going to assume this character is not RAW (Ways aren't RAW, unless I am mistaken) yet no Sensei Positive Quality, no Martial Arts? He's only got one blade, and it's some generic, off-the-shelf ceramic knife (probably from some factory in China).

His Contacts are all Fixers - nary a mention of a Clan. He speaks several languages, but none of them are Japanese. His Knowledge Skills pertain to mercenaries and politics  - which is fine, but he should have artistic and/or crafting knowledge/abilities to round himself out. His gear list reads like he's planning on blowing up entire buildings, and his commlink could be hacked by a middle-school student.

I'm not trying to say it's a bad build - I'm sure he's a very nice assassin/terrorist with mystically enhanced disguise and stealth. I'm just saying that a ninja doesn't have Bad Rep and Records on File as Qualities!

Infiltrator? Very nice. Ninja? No, not really.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Tsuzua:

--- Quote from: JoeNapalm on ---Sure he has stealth an can disguise himself and has Killing Hands...but his highest weapon skill is with Heavy Pistols? I'm going to assume this character is not RAW (Ways aren't RAW, unless I am mistaken) yet no Sensei Positive Quality, no Martial Arts? He's only got one blade, and it's some generic, off-the-shelf ceramic knife (probably from some factory in China).

--- End quote ---
Ways are optional rules.  So they're RAW, but may or may be used in any given game.  However if you do use them, there's explicit rules on how they work. They're as RAW as the martial arts rules in Arsenal which are optional as well.

Ways however aren't missions legal. 

JoeNapalm:

--- Quote from: Tsuzua on ---
--- Quote from: JoeNapalm on ---Sure he has stealth an can disguise himself and has Killing Hands...but his highest weapon skill is with Heavy Pistols? I'm going to assume this character is not RAW (Ways aren't RAW, unless I am mistaken) yet no Sensei Positive Quality, no Martial Arts? He's only got one blade, and it's some generic, off-the-shelf ceramic knife (probably from some factory in China).

--- End quote ---
Ways are optional rules.  So they're RAW, but may or may be used in any given game.  However if you do use them, there's explicit rules on how they work. They're as RAW as the martial arts rules in Arsenal which are optional as well.

Ways however aren't missions legal.

--- End quote ---

Ah, right. I misused RAW...I meant plain vanilla SR4A.

Of course, now I really want to build an actual ninja.

Oh, to be independently wealthy so that I had more time to waste!

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Lethe:
Where do you refer all your ninja references to. Nowhere on the character sheet or anywhere else (and none of the characters have a background) it states, that the character is supposed to be a ninja. So why bothering about it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version