Shadowrun Play > Character creation and critique

6E Mage progression

(1/2) > >>

funkytim:
What is everyone doing to advance their mage for 6E?  After finishing two runs I want to head straight for quickening so I can magically boost my willpower and logic without having to cast and suffer drain before a run.  I'm finding drain to be very annoying with 11 dice to resist even with casting DV3 and DV4 spells.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:
Bonding some foci might be a good first step.  That's the most karma-efficient way to get more dice to do the things you do.

funkytim:
That would boost the dice pools I get to cast the spells.  As far as I can tell there is no foci that helps with drain.  There is a metamagic foci but you would need to get the centering metamagic first. 

Do power foci increase your magic attribute when calculating indirect spell damage?  I think it did in older versions of the rules but doesn't seem like it's worded that way in SR6.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:

--- Quote from: funkytim on ---That would boost the dice pools I get to cast the spells.  As far as I can tell there is no foci that helps with drain.  There is a metamagic foci but you would need to get the centering metamagic first. 

Do power foci increase your magic attribute when calculating indirect spell damage?  I think it did in older versions of the rules but doesn't seem like it's worded that way in SR6.

--- End quote ---

No, Power Foci do not actually modify your Magic attribute.  It only gives bonus dice to tests where Magic attribute is rolled.

funkytim:

--- Quote from: Stainless Steel Devil Rat on ---
--- Quote from: funkytim on ---That would boost the dice pools I get to cast the spells.  As far as I can tell there is no foci that helps with drain.  There is a metamagic foci but you would need to get the centering metamagic first. 

--- End quote ---

No, Power Foci do not actually modify your Magic attribute.  It only gives bonus dice to tests where Magic attribute is rolled.

--- End quote ---

You are always very helpful SSDR

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version