Shadowrun Play > Character creation and critique

Johnny Lawrence; A 6e Karate Sensei

<< < (2/3) > >>

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:

--- Quote from: Shinobi Killfist on ---I mean if you hate magic you hate magic, but I don't feel adepts are magic run this edition.  Maybe deep deep deep into a campaign they become so. But you'd be a far far better unarmed fighter with ware until you are like 250+ karma in. Now ware+magic still is stupid good.
--- End quote ---

It's not so much I HATE magic... as I thought it'd be more interesting to not use adept powers. I literally can't remember the last time I saw a Shadowrun martial artist who was NOT an adept.  So... being different is all.

What I HATE is spirits ;)

--- Quote ---Edit to add, tonfa as exotic weapons? I'd roll them under close combat. Are they exotic in a supplement?

--- End quote ---

Yeah, probably should have been Close Combat but Firing Squad said they were Exotic.  Que sera sera.  Plus, with investment in exotic, the character is easily enough upgradeable if a light-cyber and no-magic martial artist doesn't pull enough weight in a group of more optimized builds.  Give him a MFW and it doesn't matter he's light on cyber and has no magic :D

Hobbes:

--- Quote from: RickDeckard on ---
I've been scouring the rule books and can't find any references to Precise Strikes, Nanoconstruction, Iron Skin or Zapper Coating. Where are they mentioned?

--- End quote ---

Firing Squad supplement. 

Shinobi Killfist:

--- Quote from: Stainless Steel Devil Rat on ---
--- Quote from: Shinobi Killfist on ---I mean if you hate magic you hate magic, but I don't feel adepts are magic run this edition.  Maybe deep deep deep into a campaign they become so. But you'd be a far far better unarmed fighter with ware until you are like 250+ karma in. Now ware+magic still is stupid good.
--- End quote ---

It's not so much I HATE magic... as I thought it'd be more interesting to not use adept powers. I literally can't remember the last time I saw a Shadowrun martial artist who was NOT an adept.  So... being different is all.

What I HATE is spirits ;)

--- Quote ---Edit to add, tonfa as exotic weapons? I'd roll them under close combat. Are they exotic in a supplement?

--- End quote ---

Yeah, probably should have been Close Combat but Firing Squad said they were Exotic.  Que sera sera.  Plus, with investment in exotic, the character is easily enough upgradeable if a light-cyber and no-magic martial artist doesn't pull enough weight in a group of more optimized builds.  Give him a MFW and it doesn't matter he's light on cyber and has no magic :D

--- End quote ---

Cool, I'd just add some bone based augment so he hits harder. 4Dv at least gets you into the heavy pistol scale of damage.

as an aside I think its funny Titanium lists the damage change as 4DV, max bone density+2dv because consistency

RickDeckard:

--- Quote from: Hobbes on ---
--- Quote from: RickDeckard on ---
I've been scouring the rule books and can't find any references to Precise Strikes, Nanoconstruction, Iron Skin or Zapper Coating. Where are they mentioned?

--- End quote ---

Firing Squad supplement.

--- End quote ---

Ah, 6e, that's why. Nevermind then.

MercilessMing:
Jazz?  I think you mean Coors Banquet, friend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version