Catalyst Game Labs > Errata

[SR6] Open Issues?

(1/3) > >>

topcat:
Looking at SR6 and errata, what issues are still open for resolution?

I'm not talking about things that make you sad (e.g. balance, AR/DR mechanics, Edge mechanics, etc.), but issues that need to be resolved so that the game can function.

Hobbes:
Totally subjective question.  The game functions as written as evidenced by the fact that there are games being played.

There are certainly Errata submissions that haven't been approved, but we can't share that list.

6th Edition is a functional game, but you need a table that buys into the core mechanics.  If most of the players don't buy into how AR/DR and Edge work in 6th edition, it's probably going to be a short campaign.  Much like any game really. 

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:
It's playable, but of course there's still rough spots.  I'm curious to watch this thread to see what people feel are the most egregious ones.

Hobbes:
Well, the Fireball the Universe thing is kind of a biggie  ;  )

But that just gives players equal access to an in game "Rocks fall, everyone dies." kind of move.

Lormyr:
I think the most accurate phrasing would be the game itself is fully playable, but there are specific mechanics in the game which are some combination of poorly worded, poorly balanced, or directly contradictory to itself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version