NEWS

Update Core Rulebool PDF?

• 22 Replies

Larsine

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <07-14-14/1725:10> »
P202, Movement Rates, sentence 2
Replaced:
The driver of the vehicle can adjust her movement rate with the required action to control the vehicle or during her Action Phase but chooses the movement rate at the beginning of each Combat Turn instead of moving by Initiative Pass.
With:
The driver of the vehicle can adjust her movement rate with the required action to control the vehicle during her Action Phase but chooses the movement rate at the beginning of each Combat Turn instead of moving by Initiative Pass.

P205, Damage And Passengers, paragraph 1, sentence 2
Replaced:
The exceptions to this rule are ramming, full-automatic bursts and area-effect weapon attacks like grenades and rockets—these attacks affect both passengers and vehicles.
With:
The exceptions to this rule are ramming, suppressive fire, and area-effect weapon attacks like grenades and rockets—these attacks affect both passengers and vehicles.

P207, Example 2, paragraph 2, sentences 4-5
Replaced:
He keeps making the same roll each hour with his 6 dice and gets 1, 1, 2, and 3 hits over the next four hours. All of his Stun damage is healed up about twenty minutes into his fifth hour of sleep.
With:
He keeps making the same roll each hour, subtracting a die each time, and gets 2, 1, 1, and 2 hits over the next four hours. All of his Stun damage is healed up about half an hour into his fifth hour of sleep.

P207, Example 2, paragraph 3, sentence 4
Replaced:
Over the next five days, his hits are as follows: 1, 0, 0, 2 (glitch, double the healing time), and 0 (critical glitch) hits.
With:
Over the next four days, his hits are as follows: 1, 0 (glitch), 2, and 0 (critical glitch) hits.

P208, Medkits and Autodocs, paragraph 2, sentence 4
Replaced:
If the character is untrained, she can still make an untrained First Aid test using her Intuition attribute minus 1 die and the device’s rating in place of her First Aid skill.
With:
If the character is untrained, she can still make an untrained First Aid test using her Logic attribute minus 1 die and the device’s rating in place of her First Aid skill.

P239, Data Spike, sentence 2
Replaced:
Your attack has a Damage Value equal to the rating of your Attack program, with one additional boxes of damage per net hit, and two additional box of damage for each mark you have on the target.
With:
Your attack has a Damage Value equal to your Attack rating, with one additional box of damage per net hit, and two additional boxes of damage for each mark you have on the target.

P244, Matrix Actions By Limits, Sleaze
Remove: Crack File Complex

P247, Intrusion Countermeasures, paragraph 2, sentence 4
Replaced:
The IC in a host and the host itself share marks, so if one IC program is slapped with a mark, they all get one, as does the host itself.
With:
The IC in a host and the host itself share marks, so if one IC program marks, they all do, and so does the host itself.

P250, Resonance (cont'), paragraph 2, sentence 5
Replaced:
Whenever you lose Essence (after character generation), you lose an equal amount of Resonance, rounded up.
With:
For every point (or fraction thereof) of Essence lost, both your current Resonance Attribute and your maximum Resonance Rating are reduced by one.

P252, Infusion of [Matrix Attribute], sentence 6
Replaced:
If an attribute boosted by this spell is swapped in a Reconfigure action, this complex form ends.
With:
If an attribute boosted by this complex form is swapped in a Reconfigure action, this complex form ends.

P258, Registering a Sprite (cont'), paragraph 2, sentence 5
Replaced:
Your registered sprite will stay with you as long as it still owes you at least one task.
With:
You can register a number of sprites equal to or less than your Logic attribute.

P279, Power Points (cont'), sentence 4
Replaced:
You get a free Power Point whenever you increase your Magic attribute, and you can gain a Power Point through Initiation (p. 324) instead of gaining a metamagic.
With:
If you’re an adept, you get a free Power Point whenever you increase your Magic attribute (though this doesn’t apply to mystic adepts), and you can gain a Power Point through Initiation (p. 324) instead of gaining a metamagic.

P289, Resist Pain, Drain
Replaced:
(Damage Value) – 6
With:
F – 4

P298, Homunculus, Movement
Replaced:
15/30
With:
x2/x4/+1

P301, Binding (cont'), paragraph 1, sentence 3
Replaced:
The test is an Opposed Summoning + Magic [Force] v. spirit’s Force x 2, and it inflicts Drain equal to twice the hits (not net hits) on the spirit’s defense test, minimum 2.
With:
The test is an Opposed Binding + Magic [Force] v. spirit’s Force x 2, and it inflicts Drain equal to twice the hits (not net hits) on the spirit’s defense test, minimum 2.

P301, Spirit Basics, paragraph 2, sentence 6
Replaced:
When materialized, the spirit uses astral perception (its only perception) to perceive the physical world.
With:
When materialized, the spirit is able to perceive the physical world much as other material beings do.

P305, The Finished Preparation, sentence 5
Replaced:
When Potency reaches 0 it loses its magical nature and the spell is lost.
With:
When Potency reaches 0, or the lynchpin is broken, it loses its magical nature and the spell is lost.

P312, Astral Signature, paragraph 2, sentence 1
Replaced:
A character can attempt to read an astral signature with an Assensing + Magic [Astral] 3 Test.
With:
A character can attempt to read an astral signature with an Assensing + Intuition [Astral] test.

P316, Astral Intersection, paragraph 2, sentence 2
Replaced:
If this happens, each astral form makes an Opposed Test: living beings a Magic + Charisma [Astral], and non-living barriers and objects a Force x 2 [Force] test.
With:
If this happens, each astral form makes an Opposed Test: living beings a Magic + Charisma, and non-living barriers and objects a Force x 2 test.

P318, Foci, paragraph 3, sentence 6
Replaced:
You can deactivate a focus at any time.
With:
You can deactivate a focus at any time with a Free Action.

P328-331 moved to P374-377 (affects TOC, which is not corrected)

P332-377 moved to P328-373 (affects TOC, which is not corrected, and lots of references which I have listed at the end of this list of corrections)

P384, Professional Rating 5: Elite Corporate Security, Lieutenant, Skills
Replaced:
Athletics skill group 6, Close Combat skill group 7, Cracking skill group 7, Data Search 5, Demolitions 5, Electronics skill group 6, Etiquette (Corporate) 4 (+2), Firearms skill group 8, Leadership 6, Perception 6, Sneaking 6
With:
Athletics skill group 6, Close Combat skill group 7, Cracking skill group 7, Demolitions 5, Electronics skill group 6, Etiquette (Corporate) 4 (+2), Firearms skill group 8, Leadership 6, Perception 6, Sneaking 6

P388, Using Contacts (cont'), paragraph 12 (Swag), sentence 3
Replaced:
Contacts looking for traders follow the same procedures for Availability and Fencing Tests (p. 418) that PCs do, using their own Charisma and Negotiation skill instead of yours, along with their Connection rating as extra dice (they’re better at it than you are).
With:
Contacts looking for traders follow the same procedures for Availability and Fencing Tests (p. 418) that PCs do, using their own Charisma and Negotiation skill instead of yours, along with their Connection rating as a modifier to their Social limit.

P391, Fixer (cont'), Skills
Replaced:
Computer 6
With:
Computer 7

P391, Mafia Consiglieri, Skills
Replaced:
Computer 4, Data Search 5, Etiquette (Mob) 7 (+2), Instruction 6, Leadership 7, Negotiation 6, Perception 6, Pistols 3
With:
Computer 5, Etiquette (Mob) 7 (+2), Instruction 6, Leadership 7, Negotiation 6, Perception 6, Pistols 3

P392. Mr. Johnson (cont'), skills
Replaced:
Computer 6, Con 4, Data Search 6, Etiquette (Corporate) 7 (+2), Intimidation 4, Negotiation 8, Perception 5, Pistols 5
With:
Computer 6, Con 4, Etiquette (Corporate) 7 (+2), Intimidation 4, Negotiation 8, Perception 5, Pistols 5

P399, Natural Weapon, Action
Replaced:
Complex
With:
Auto

P404, Devil Rat, Skills
Replaced:
Climbing 5, Dodge 5, Perception 4, Running 2, Sneaking 6, Unarmed Combat 5
With:
Climbing 5, Perception 4, Running 2, Sneaking 6, Unarmed Combat 5

P408, Toxin and Drug Protection Table
Replaced:
Chemical protection Contact, Inhalation +Rating
With:
Chemical protection Contact +Rating

P420, Concealability Modifiers
Replaced:
+4 Sword, stun baton, sawed-off shotgun, bullpup assault rifle
With:
+4 Sword, sawed-off shotgun, bullpup assault rifle

P425, Light Pistols, paragraph 4 (Beretta 201T), sentence 4
Replaced:
Burst-firing the Beretta 201T requires a Complex Action.
With:
Semi-automatic bursts using the Beretta 201T require a Simple Action.

P429, Sniper Rifles (cont'), paragraph 3 (Cavalier Arms Crockett EBR), illustration
Replaced:
Cavalier Arms Alamo EBR
With:
Cavalier Arms Crockett EBR

P432, Periscope, paragraph 2 (Wireless)
Replaced:
Wireless: The dice pool penalty for shooting around corners is reduced to –2.
With:
Wireless: The dice pool penalty for shooting around corners is reduced to –1.

P433, Tripod, paragraph 1, sentence 4
Replaced:
Folding up or deploying a tripod is a Complex Action, as is removing it.
With:
Folding up or deploying the bipod is a Free Action.
[Obviously an error, since it still takes a Simple Action to fold up or deploy the bipod on page 431]

P441, Software, added a new 3rd paragraph
Autosofts: For information on these programs for drones, see p. 269.

P442, Software (Table), add new third point:
Autosoft Rating x 2 Rating x 500¥

P444, Optical & Imaging Devices
Replaced:
Monocle (Capacity 1–4) 12R 3,000¥
With:
Monocle (Capacity 1–4) — Rating x 120¥

Because of the changed sections, the following changes should be made as well:
P44 p. 332 -> p. 328
P56 p. 373 -> p. 369
P79 p. 372 -> p. 368
P84 p. 367 -> p. 363
P94 p. 373 -> p. 369
P95 p. 373 -> p. 369
P103 (x2) p.332 -> p. 328
P128 p. 376 -> p. 372
P140 (x2) p. 372 -> p. 368
P145 p. 363 -> p. 359
P332 p. 348 -> p. 344
P343 p. 349 -> p. 345
P345 p. 335 -> p. 331, p. 336 -> p. 332
P348 p. 348 -> p. 344, p. 349 -> p. 345
P350 p. 375 -> p. 371
P354 (x2) p. 362 -> p. 358
P364 p. 367 -> p. 363
P371 p. 376 -> p. 372
P388 p. 372 -> p. 368
P419 p. 367 -> p. 363
P442 p. 366 -> p. 362
P443 (x2) p. 367 -> p. 363
P446 p. 362 -> p. 358, p. 363 -> p. 359
P447 (x2) p. 363 -> p. 359, p. 362 -> p. 358
P448 (x3) p. 363 -> p. 359
P453 p. 362 -> p. 358
P475 (x2) p. 372 -> p. 368
P477 p. 376 -> p. 372
P478 p. 335 -> p. 331
P470 (x2) p. 356 -> p. 352

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <07-14-14/1801:51> »
Wow. Good work, Larsine. I was wondering why my table of contents seemed messed up.

Once again, I can't help but shake my head and be a little annoyed at the quality of editing and proofing when even the corrections have errors, missed several things that should have been corrected and weren't, and honestly feels like it introduced more errors than it replaced by totally screwing up the Table of Contents. I'm kind of regretting saving over my original PDF, since I primarily use it for quick reference and this seriously messes me up.

I also completely disagree with the change to Connection for contacts. I don't understand what Catalyst's obsession with giving Limit bonuses instead of dice pool bonuses is, but it's starting to get on my nerves. The sample fixer already has a Social Limit of 7 on a dice pool of 14 for Negotiations. Having a Connection 6 fixer now ups that to 13 limit on 14 dice. Big whoop. And a mythical Connection 12 Fixer has a limit higher than his dice pool, how helpful.

Meanwhile, my Face adept player who's only earned 14 karma so far has 18 dice on Negotiation and a Social Limit of 13. He's now better at getting gear than his Connection 6 Fixer. Thanks, Catalyst!
« Last Edit: <07-14-14/1813:55> by Ryo »

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <07-14-14/1802:04> »
Wow, thanks Larsine.

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #18 on: <07-14-14/1829:46> »
MijRai
I agree with you in principle, but unfortunately, those three skills are listed under the Magic Skills section. If only they had written "In order to acquire skills linked to the Magic attribute", this could easily have been avoided, and this was hotly debated during the official errata discussion so I doubt they'd be unaware of this particular artifact.
Which is probably what I should have done when I wrote that for the errata (yeah, that boo-boo is mine). I was dead set against adepts learning sorcery, though, so I fixed one problem and created a whole new one....
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <07-14-14/1906:44> »
P116, Combat Mage, Qualities
Replaced:
Distinctive Style
With:
Distinctive Style (Troll Poser)
(somewhat cross-posted from DS)

I'm not sure whether to laugh or groan...could I do both?
"I prefer the Turnabout discussions more then the Roundabout variety"

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #20 on: <07-15-14/0215:19> »
P116, Combat Mage, Qualities
Replaced:
Distinctive Style
With:
Distinctive Style (Troll Poser)
(somewhat cross-posted from DS)

I'm not sure whether to laugh or groan...could I do both?
There's no way you're gonna get new artwork, and it's an easier fix than remaking the whole archetype to match that artwork (though I'm sure Wak would have, if he'd been asked).

As the long, proud, tradition of Shadowrun archetype SNAFUs go, this one was startlingly easy to smooth over, at least.  Well, that line of it was, anyways. 
« Last Edit: <07-15-14/0300:19> by Critias »

tasti man LH

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <07-15-14/0249:03> »
Well, if there's a bright side to this, is that now I kind of want to see an ACTUAL official Troll Poser quality.

Send a memo over for Run Faster?
"I prefer the Turnabout discussions more then the Roundabout variety"

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <07-15-14/0250:14> »
Voice Control is listed for Kyra in character creation with 0.25PP, but costs 0.5PP according to p. 311.