Shadowrun Missions Living Campaign > Living Campaign GM chat

Origins - Neo Tokyo

<< < (2/4) > >>

Slamm-O!:
Flubbing key questions ?

What questions were people missing ? 

Fade:
I'm pretty interested in the Edge Rolls that were requested.  Could you give some context on that? 

Dr. Meatgrinder:

--- Quote from: Fade on ---I'm pretty interested in the Edge Rolls that were requested.  Could you give some context on that?

--- End quote ---

It seemed to be the catch-all for "Did you happen to be in the right place at the right time?" (appropriate), or "Did you happen to notice...?" (inappropriate), or "I don't know what skill you should use, so instead of making up something I'll call for an Edge test." (inappropriate).

Almost every GM I played with did this, so I imagined the missions were telling them to call for someone to roll an Edge test every scene.

Hobbes:

--- Quote from: mbisber on ---
I suppose, as expected, players managed to flub lots of Etiquette, and, acquired lots of Notoriety and Public Awareness, even in the CMPs by ... misguided... actions.

I had a good time, but was getting frustrated by player/characters with low Social Skills asking and flubbing key questions.

--- End quote ---

Players do that in the Chicago Missions too.  Newbies gotta Newb.  And point out that new skills only cost 2 Karma  :  )

Fade:
Just to check back in here, I went through every CMP in the 2018 series, including Las Vegas and the Caribbean, and only one mission calls for any Edge tests at all outside of Suppressive Fire (Which can happen on any run). All of these Edge tests are related to being in the right place at the right time, and if they got lucky or not.

We'll talk to the GM's before Gen Con to sort this out.

- Mike
CDT Shadowrun XO

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version