NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings DUSK

• 445 Replies

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #120 on: <10-03-16/2028:41> »
I am not trying to sabotage anything or force you guys into a scenario where you are unhappy.

You could've fooled me. The Johnson had beef because of a situation you contrived, and when rectification was attempted the situation got worse. How is that not deliberate sabotage?

I may have misinterpreted some intentions, but I have reasons for what I did, and it makes sense to me.

If you admit you've made misinterpretations then why aren't you fixing the situation? I fail to see why we should be punished for your errors.

What doesn't make sense is what I have done to earn all the vitriol.

We've all brought concerns and complaints about how you're handling this meet. You've ignored or dismissed all of it with a blithe indifference, stating that we're the ones with the problem and it's all on us. We've all put a lot of years in this, but I will not swallow smugness or contempt.
« Last Edit: <10-03-16/2048:02> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #121 on: <10-03-16/2113:32> »
In this case I have to disagree with you, Necrogigas.  I think that there may have been a better way to do parts of this, but overall, I do not feel that the GM has been overly indifferent, smug, or contemptuous.  I admit to feeling a bit put out at first by the simultaneous timing of the meet and my date and it could have worked out poorly for Snow.  Heck, he has not approved my means of getting out of it yet, so there may still be other problems.  The J was smug and contemptuous, but I think most of them are sort of supposed to be.  Snow believes that the J is inexperienced and not very professional in her handling of the situation, but we can adapt to that.  I say, let the GM rule on what I have put in as well as see what the J says in response to Clem asking if we could leave at dawn. 

This has forced us to respond to the J in a different fashion, which is not bad and could lead to some interesting RP as we go through her mission.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #122 on: <10-03-16/2135:07> »
For me, I enjoy the friction with the Johnson. I like that Starlet and Torley are reluctant but kind of strong armed into taking the job. I like that Snow has to work around her commitments to her organisation in order to get to Lagos. I definitely find it weird the way the Johnson stormed out after what Snow told her, but I disagree with you that every meet should be "yes, I need specifically your team and will do almost everything to get you guys specifically." I like the element of realism that the team has to swallow their pride and reluctantly work with her, whatever various reasons each individual member might have to do that, whether it's O'Connor's glee at the idea of going to a lawless state, Clem's need for money, Snow's Vory expansion or Starlet's/Torley's membership obligations.

Sure, Snow's obligations and the timing of the meeting is frustrating, but I can't disagree that MM needs to somehow "pay" for the immense perks the positive quality "made man" gives. And if writing a few extra paragraphs and coming up with a creative out for her is that price, then I think it is quite cheap, especially since the team isn't spending any resources on it whatsoever.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #123 on: <10-03-16/2148:52> »
It has definitely forced me to think of a way out and it did stretch my imagination, which I do appreciate.  I think that my disappointment was in the beginning when it was a shock.  If the GM allows the way out that I have lined out, Snow should be OK.  If he does not allow it, I will need to think of something else.  In tat manner, I have been stretched a bit, which is good.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #124 on: <10-03-16/2219:37> »
Like I have told you in PM Hydro, sometimes it is really nice to have another GM playing in your game.

I am not trying to sabotage anything or force you guys into a scenario where you are unhappy.

You could've fooled me. The Johnson had beef because of a situation you contrived, and when rectification was attempted the situation got worse. How is that not deliberate sabotage?

Mostly because I didn't make the decisions to create the situation.  Yes, Snow had to make a decision between obligations.  She made a poor choice in the eyes of your potential boss.  Starlet (I believe) made it worse with a weak lie about her absence and poor attempt at rectification.  Torley was doing his level best to piss her off, and nothing was going the way she wanted things to go.  Add to that a deadline crunch, a inexperienced Johnson, and a job that basically entails her putting her trust, her run and her life in the hands of strangers, I think she showed remarkable restraint.

I may have misinterpreted some intentions, but I have reasons for what I did, and it makes sense to me.

If you admit you've made misinterpretations then why aren't you fixing the situation? I fail to see why we should be punished for your errors.

The misinterpretation involved Snow's intentions with her speech to the Johnson, and after I looked back at it, I realized that the Johnson's response was appropriate given the circumstances.  She was already irritated about your team's apparent priorities to shadowrunning (Torley's spiel painting you as part timers) which Snow reinforced unintentionally, Snow's appearance made a lie the vague cover story she had been given for the hacker's absence, which none of you ever bothered to tell Snow, and finally, the reasons given for requests for additional time, which could easily be interpreted as questioning Johnson's professionalism.

What doesn't make sense is what I have done to earn all the vitriol.

We've all brought concerns and complaints about how you're handling this meet. You've ignored or dismissed all of it with a blithe indifference, stating that we're the ones with the problem and it's all on us. We've all put a lot of years in this, but I will not swallow smugness or contempt.

I don't have any contempt at all, you guys are all awesome players, some of the best I have played with, and I am enjoying the hell out of this game.  I am doing the best I can without gift wrapping or being unrealistic, and I have made some mistakes, but I would rather work through it than do some clumsy continuity fix.  I don't think a little faith for the sake of a good story is too much to ask.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #125 on: <10-03-16/2244:10> »
I am all for moving on and RPing the hell out of this.  There is little we can do to correct the J's impression of us at this point, so we move on or dump her contract.  She may think Snow made a poor choice by going to the date, but the Vory had told her of the date days before the J arranged the meeting.  There has never been a question in Snow's mind which was more important.  The trick was trying to see if both could work.  If the date decides to stay or the Vory wants her to follow this guy she will have to look at that, but her initial loyalty is to the Vory.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #126 on: <10-03-16/2346:54> »
I'm a little fuzzy here, but did we ask for an advance payment on services when we negotiated, or did she send any funds with her message?
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #127 on: <10-03-16/2358:00> »
No money in hand yet.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #128 on: <10-04-16/0015:18> »
I’ve been told there will be limited room on the plane for us on the final leg, and we’re to pack light. A single carry-on-sized bag and a backpack or dufflebag each, or so I was told, and I’d seriously recommend everyone bring their own medkit.

Dufflebags come in various sizes. Are we talking a small gym bag or a honking army kitbag? How much of the following list is feasible?

Dufflebag
Fichetti Security 600 (Lightning of the Storm) x1
Spare Clip x2
Explosive Rounds (Light Pistols) x90 (In clips)

Ares Crusader (Unrelenting Torrent) x1
Spare Clip x2
Explosive Rounds (Machine Pistols) x120(In clips)

Colt M23 (Mira) x1 (Field Stripped)
Spare Clip x3
Explosive Rounds (Assault Rifles) x80 (In clips)
APDS Rounds (Assault Rifles) x80 (In clips)

Combat Knife
Armorer Tools Kit
Survival Kit
Special Medkit

Getting up, Clementine also added as an afterthought "And I also think these shots and the medkits should come out of the team fund."

Everyone put in 1,700¥ so the team fund stands at 8,500¥. R6 Medkits with the 10% markup are 660¥ each, for a total of 3,300¥. Leaving 5,200¥ in the team fund.
« Last Edit: <10-04-16/0402:00> by Necrogigas »

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #129 on: <10-04-16/0055:05> »
Thanks for doing the math Necro, I was dreading looking all that up on my phone :\
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #130 on: <10-04-16/0335:27> »
@Necro: I would take less ammo and more clothes.  In fact, in Lagos it's easier to get ammo than it is to get clothes.  And ammo weighs more.  Also, depending on which airport we start from (Crossbow: which one is it again, I assume we know) you might have problems if you try to get by loaded for a private war. :)

@Crossbow: I have Feral cities, so you don't have to send me the handouts.

I'll take the following and I think it should fit in a duffel bag (as scuba diver IRL, I'm quite good at  fitting a lot of stuff in not many kilos of luggage allowance).

Shiawase Kanmushi microdrone
Katana
Defiance EX shocker (+ 3 extra clips: 12 darts)
Ares predator IV (+ 4 extra clips: 2 stick-n-shock, 2 regular)
satellite link
special medkit R6
flashlight
mage sight goggles + cable
white noise generator
extra R6 respirator (I have the asthma negative quality, so I'll take my precautions)
survival kit
my asthma medication (2 months worth)
clothing for 2 weeks (sturdy clothing, not the really fancy stuff)

I'll wear (or have on my person):
my form-fitting body armour + armoured vest
earbuds
goggles
2 commlinks with all accessories
respirator (R6)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #131 on: <10-04-16/0356:36> »
@Necro: I would take less ammo and more clothes.  In fact, in Lagos it's easier to get ammo than it is to get clothes.  And ammo weighs more.  Also, depending on which airport we start from (Crossbow: which one is it again, I assume we know) you might have problems if you try to get by loaded for a private war. :)

To get us to Africa, I’ve arranged for a private flight from here to Cairo, and then on to Accra—the capital of Asante, and the closest real airport to Lagos. That way we don’t have to deal with any airport security or other travel issues.

That was what O'Connor took away from the Johnson's message. As for clothing, if worse comes to worse O'Connor will kill anyone that tries to rob them, and I have no doubt that will be a frequent occurrence, and strip the bodies.

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #132 on: <10-04-16/0505:43> »
I forgot about that.  Then the only thing is the weight of the bullets.  I don't know how much a bullet actually weighs (I do know it's different for each type and caliber).

It's going to be quite different, as this will be the first time I play in Lagos without at least one local in the team.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #133 on: <10-04-16/0513:26> »
The Johnson only specified spatial limitations, not weight limitations, so that's on her.

Characters

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #134 on: <10-04-16/0626:02> »
So team composition is

Sammy - Neutral Good
Clem - Chaotic Good
Torley - Neutral
Snow - Lawful Evil
O'Connor - Chaotic Evil

Crossbow, you never put in your two cents.

Characters