NEWS

(SD5) Help create Star-lord from Guardins of Galaxy

• 20 Replies

darkuscha

« Reply #15 on: <08-06-14/1827:46> »
So, I haven't seen the film version - and wasn't super excited by the trailers - but I've followed the character in comics for a while now. I'd make that type of character an Adept, but if you wanted to make the character without anything magical, here would be my suggestions.

Firstly, Resources A are pretty much sunk into the ship, which I'm assuming includes lifestyle, and some other similar things. Meaningful Cyberware's out of your price range. So with that in mind, I'd probably go Attributes B, Skills C, Meta D (Human), and Magic E.

Qualities: Will to Live 3 (+9), Bad Luck (-12), Distinctive Style (-5).

Attributes: B: 3, A:5, R:3, S: 2, W:3, L:2, I:4, C:6, E: 5.

Skills: Con 6 (Fast Talking), Etiquette 2, Gymnastics 1, Impersonation 2, Leadership 2, Locksmith 1, Negotiation 2, Pistols 6 (Revolver), Stealth Group 2, Unarmed Combat 6 (Blocking). (8 karma was used in this section)

Pick up a Ruger Super Warhawk and an Armored Jacket.

Okay! Now you have a character who rolls 14 dice for fast-talking, 15 dice to fire your gigantic pistol, 11 dice for kung fu, and a reasonable spread of skills. Also, 25 Karma left to spend, which could net you some Breaking & Entering skills.

Anyway, that's the kind of direction I'd go. Smooth-talking rogues are one of my favorite archetypes, and GoG is probably my favorite comics property. Enjoy the game!
Oh man -thank you very much!! This is great!!
And one ask. Can you say where i can go next. When Game Master give me xp where i can spend this. For what can I tends.
Like mb - i need buy some implants or anything else.

ZeldaBravo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <08-07-14/0845:11> »
You will see it yourself after you play.
*I have problems with clarifying my point in English, so sometimes I might sound stupid or rude.*

Killstring

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <08-07-14/1023:01> »
You will see it yourself after you play.

Very much this.

One thing I would add: you'll want some way to boost your initiative score, if you plan on being a main participant in combat. Saving up your cash for Wired Reflexes would be advisable.

darkuscha

« Reply #18 on: <08-07-14/1030:35> »
ok ty - initiative is must have

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #19 on: <08-08-14/1330:44> »
I'm not at books, even with 450K.

Is there a solid vehicle to choose from canon models ?

For ground based I'm thinking the Ares Roadmaster, but I'm wondering about Air/Sea.

Killstring

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <08-08-14/1509:02> »
I think his GM is talking about the Ares Venture - 6 seats, Availability 12F, 400,000 nuyen... seems about right.

If he was actually doing watercraft, then it'd be hella cheaper: The Samuvani Otter seats 8, has BOD 12 and armor 6, and costs a pithy 21,000 nuyen. Hell, even the 2-person sub only costs 108K!