NEWS

So what archetype is everyone playing, mission-wise?

• 45 Replies

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <04-27-16/1541:17> »
I am currently playing:

Viktor, mystic hammer adept with a splash of cyberware. Demolitionist. Also, big Ukrainian man. Is to be very sexy. They keep making him be the Face. It is mistake.

Bob the Hobo. Shaman. Chicago Q Zone native. Slightly insane. Possibly human under all that beard. Was only recently introduced to the concept of hygiene.

Not played yet:

Old Man Jones. Legendary Prime Runner. Mage. Old. Cranky. Tends to have a plan for everything. Yes, even if a dragon randomly shows up. What, you don't sneak in the night before the run to plant explosives everywhere? It's only a sensible precaution. Resemblance to an elderly version of a certain bat-themed vigilante neither confirmed or denied.

Jack Cross. Face extraordinaire and rigger god. Also Prime Runner. Has a secret. (P.S. it's that she's a pixie in a human suit, don't tell anyone.) Sometimes looks like an old 2D movie actor with the initials RDJ.

I'll be at Origins. Hopefully I'll see some of ya'll there. Playing the PM missions Saturday, I think.

-k

just curious, but how can you have two Prime Runners that you have not played yet?
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #31 on: <04-27-16/1554:29> »
Both are converted characters from earlier editions, using the Prime Runner rules. Old Man Jones is somewhere north of 260 karma, Jack is about 170.

-k

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #32 on: <04-27-16/1601:10> »
ok, so you have played them just not in the current edition ... that's cool

I was asking mainly because we have had showed up "primes" that have never been used
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <04-27-16/1728:31> »
Yeah, I have the conversion paperwork ready to be signed off on at Origins. Have no idea yet which I'll play in the two PM events.

I was originally going to play Jones in PM-01 last Origins but none of the scheduled slots went off due to lack of players, I think they got a table of all GMs at some point but that's it.

-k

Hibiki54

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <04-28-16/0102:20> »
They got a table of GMs for Opti.

prophet42

• Newb
  • Financial Prognosticator
« Reply #35 on: <04-28-16/1604:32> »
I've got a pair

Prophet - a human B&E forger patterned loosely on Neal Caffrey from White Collar

Benz - an ork physad who swaps between lightning fists & a combat axe
If its not fun, then why are you doing it?

Jahrl Mirkson

• Newb
  • Lurk, lurk, lurk.
« Reply #36 on: <04-29-16/0356:27> »
I don't know what you're talking about KarmaInferno, Viktor is an amazing face.

There weren't that many that played the prime mission at Gen Con last year either. Which reminds me, to the three that ran with Wick, thanks again for finishing the hit. Sorry I tripped the alarm that got you all arrested/killed. While I wasn't in the building. *cough*

So for my characters I have Wick, my chageling elf face/decker that I updated from 4th edition, and Brick House my troll decker.
Ninja vanish!
*BAMF*
*cough**cough**cough*

Missions character: Brick House
Titles: Daddy Killer, Dragon Hacker

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <06-20-16/0913:12> »
Freshly back from Origins and chugging caffeine to speed my recovery.  Had a blast playing Bishop and meeting some of you guys.  The demo agents I had did a great job, even when circumstances conspired to make things difficult for them.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Hibiki54

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <06-20-16/1630:44> »
I played with some of you. I was playing Kato, World's Greatest Martial Artist and alleged Yakuza.
« Last Edit: <06-20-16/1640:01> by Hibiki54 »

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <06-20-16/1653:01> »
I confess, when I first sat down with Kato and heard the "world's greatest martial artist" line, I couldn't help but think of the various kids playing sub-50 karma characters who had been making the same claim all weekend.  Then I realized Kato was actually telling the truth.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <06-21-16/2257:15> »
Viktor is to be giving Kato two of the thumbs up. Leetle man hit very good.

As for archetypes, oh gods so many mystic adepts at Origins...

-k

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #41 on: <07-18-16/0217:18> »
....worked up a  Mystic Adept based loosely off the Adult Wednesday Addams character.  Both charming and creepy.  Will be testing her out in a Welcome to the Shadows mission this Tuesday.

Also recreated a new version of my old Face character that included giving her a better combat skill (Automatics) as well as the Linguist Quality and the Synaptic Acceleration Genemod.  Came out much better.  In one of the London Missions she actually ended up as the team's defacto sammy taking several of the oppos out.
Forsaken daughter is watching you

pathogen

• Newb
« Reply #42 on: <07-28-16/1633:33> »
Adept- I made an Adept with Bioware enhancements! He is a combat monster, primarily a rifleman who is really hard to hit with a few tricks up his sleeve.

Deacon

• Newb
  • Call me... Deacon Blues
« Reply #43 on: <10-16-16/0041:27> »
My first character is a JOAT gnome Decker..

Haven't played the second one yet, but it looks like he'll be a Pizza Delivery Adept.

You only THINK I'm joking...
"Of course I have a superpower.  It's called a brain.  I use it."
--Johnny Zero, Children of the Atom

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #44 on: <10-18-16/0027:22> »
....hey we have an ogre who's a hazmat handler and transporter.
Forsaken daughter is watching you