NEWS

Missions FAQ update?

• 38 Replies

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #30 on: <02-23-16/0843:11> »
First off, is Code of Honor: Assassin's Creed(or something compatible) a prerequisite for the Assassin's Primer qualities? They are somewhat described as modifications or extensions to the Assassin's Creed on P16.

Secondly, "Strive For Perfection" P17 was written before Run Faster and the expanded list of Called Shots. Is the half dice pool penalty to be applied no matter how big the penalty? or should it just be an assumed -2?

CoH:  Assassin's Creed (et al) are not prerequisites for the Assassin's Primer qualities.

Question two:  this will be in the next FAQ release, but I'll go ahead and post our final decision:  it's a half dice pool penalty, e.g. if you make a Called Shot with a -10 DP penalty, it becomes -5
« Last Edit: <02-23-16/0854:16> by sinthalix »
Ray Rigel
Former Shadowrun Missions Developer and Event Coordinator
Catalyst Demo Team

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #31 on: <02-23-16/0903:09> »
For drugs that have a variable duration of effect (i.e. requires a 1d6 die roll to determine duration), how do we determine their duration when used in downtime?

This will be covered in the "Just Say No" rule in the next FAQ release.
Ray Rigel
Catalyst Demo Team

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #32 on: <02-23-16/0947:21> »
Noticing a number of changes to the qualities allowed/disallowed lists.  Interesting...

I'm noticing the master list & the by book list to not match up.

I found two that didn't match and those have been corrected.
Ray Rigel
Catalyst Demo Team

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <02-23-16/1007:59> »
Question two:  this will be in the next FAQ release, but I'll go ahead and post our final decision:  it's a half dice pool penalty, e.g. if you make a Called Shot with a -10 DP penalty, it becomes -5
That makes Strive For Perfection crazy good, almost to the point of being too good not to take for any dedicated precision shooter. Not sure that's a good thing, personally, but hey.

ETA:
I do want to thank you and the rest of the Missions team for your responsiveness, Sinthalix. Getting these kinds of updates is very much appreciated, so cheers!

Teutonic Overlord

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #34 on: <02-23-16/1028:11> »
That makes Strive For Perfection crazy good, almost to the point of being too good not to take for any dedicated precision shooter. Not sure that's a good thing, personally, but hey.

ETA:
I do want to thank you and the rest of the Missions team for your responsiveness, Sinthalix. Getting these kinds of updates is very much appreciated, so cheers!

Thank you as well!  I know I've mentioned it on another post before that I don't have a lot of time to come to the forums, but I made it a priority the last few days to respond.

I will pass on your thanks to the team when next we "meet", they will appreciate it!

Now, it's time for me to get back to focusing on getting all those SRMs/CMPs reviewed/edited for release and Origins!  Lots of work to accomplish and time seems to be flying by!
Ray Rigel
Catalyst Demo Team

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <02-23-16/1630:51> »
Again, thanks for taking the time to take in our input and let us know.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

SichoPhiend

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #36 on: <02-24-16/0943:15> »
For drugs that have a variable duration of effect (i.e. requires a 1d6 die roll to determine duration), how do we determine their duration when used in downtime?

This will be covered in the "Just Say No" rule in the next FAQ release.

Well, that's a hint if ever I've seen one, but thank you for addressing this.
« Last Edit: <02-28-16/1250:41> by SichoPhiend »
A wise man once said that with increased intelligence comes the increased capacity to feel pain.
Therefore, if ignorance is bliss, enlightenment must be pure hell.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #37 on: <02-28-16/0854:06> »
Expanding on the Vanishing clarification from Run Faster for Prime Missions, since there doesn't seem to be an "official" Catalyst response to multiple queries:

The Metasapient section from Run Faster seems to be missing the entire rules chapter. There's a section with lore and background info, a chart, and.... that's it.

Previous editions had a few limiters placed to limit the increased power levels of these characters. Increased lifestyle and gear costs, a forbiddance on cyber, bio, and other similar augmentations, automatic Distinctive Style negative quality, social modifiers, etc.

Should Prime Runner metasapient characters be built assuming these were deliberately removed in the new edition?

-k

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #38 on: <03-05-16/0250:34> »
((I am cross posting this in both official errata and Missions forums as this is for a Missions character, but should also be noted for official errata))

Found a couple of oversights for the Flame Bracer exotic weapon. Hard Targets P184

A: There's no mention of ranges.

B: There's no mention of ammo cost/availability.

Also, it seems like in the table on P187 Ares Monotip Arrows and Seeker Shafts might have the costs swapped?
Ares Monotip Arrows are basically an arrow head, yet have a (Rating x) cost, while Seeker Shafts have a flat cost going against standard arrows, injection arrows and static shafts all having (Rating x) costs.
« Last Edit: <03-05-16/0257:34> by ScytheKnight »
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor