NEWS

Shadowrun Missions Season 5 FAQ v0.99

• 57 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« on: <07-30-13/2150:48> »
Ok.  This is a dirty version of the rules in a quick and sloppy PDF format.  It ain't pretty, but it'll get the job done till matt gets a free moment and can make it pretty. :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12034805/Shadowrun%205%20Missions%20v0.99.pdf

this does not really include the official Errata at all, and is not meant to be an SR5 FAQ.  This is strictly for Missions.  I have a small handful of things that I want to post as a "Hot Patch Errata", stuff that effects basic chargen on an impotant level, but am waiting on approval for those.

Just keep in mind that Mystic Adepts are getting hit with the Nerf Crotch Bat, so don't go making one and then getting disappointed down the line.

Bull

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-30-13/2327:29> »
Will this be in force for con play at Gen Con?

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <07-30-13/2335:35> »
yes.

And i will either have official Errata for Mystic Adepts, and FAQ's for a few other items in the next few days, even if they're only Missions official. :)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #3 on: <07-31-13/0755:35> »
Official allowance of Home Games into official events, and giving the Gamemaster the rewards as well, are both awesome! =) Now if I ever need one of the players to GM due to scoring 'too many' players, they still get rewards.

I see rating 6 or less, not device rating 6 or less, in the Missions FAQ. I think a question has already been submitted on that to the faq topic in General Discussion, but which term does Missions want to use, Rating or Device Rating? Aka, are explosives, bows and arrows allowed past rating 6?

If you offer Season 4 missions now, do those get GM rewards, or only with Sprawl Wilds?

The FAQ mentions marking off the appropriate amount of time when searching for an item. The rules in SR5 do not mention any such timespan, only delivery times. How does this work? And can you improve attributes/skills while searching for items?

Is only Extended Core allowed, or will other books be legal in the future as well?

Man, now I want to offer SRM-04 missions so the characters can promote to Prime Runners afterwards.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <07-31-13/0853:50> »
Official allowance of Home Games into official events, and giving the Gamemaster the rewards as well, are both awesome! =) Now if I ever need one of the players to GM due to scoring 'too many' players, they still get rewards.

I see rating 6 or less, not device rating 6 or less, in the Missions FAQ. I think a question has already been submitted on that to the faq topic in General Discussion, but which term does Missions want to use, Rating or Device Rating? Aka, are explosives, bows and arrows allowed past rating 6?

Same as the core rulebook.  It's Rating 6 across the board, Device or otherwise.

If you offer Season 4 missions now, do those get GM rewards, or only with Sprawl Wilds?

It's only for Season 5, so the Sprawl Wilds ones only count if you're using them for SR5 and Season 5, since it's something new we did. 

The FAQ mentions marking off the appropriate amount of time when searching for an item. The rules in SR5 do not mention any such timespan, only delivery times. How does this work?

It's all the same period of time.  That entire timepsan includes you hunting down black market dealers, meeting with them, negotiating with them, travelling to pick things up, etc.  After all, when you're actively searching the black market, it's not like it's Amazon.com where you place an item and it shows up at your door three weeks later. :)

This is why using contacts for this is useful.  You're wasting their time then, and not your own.  It's also why it gets expensive using them.

And can you improve attributes/skills while searching for items?

If you go looking for an item yourself, no.  You can usually only do one activity at a time, unless that activity specifies otherwise (Such as healing).  If you use a contact, then yes, because the contact is the one out searching the item for you.

Is only Extended Core allowed, or will other books be legal in the future as well?

Unless the book is listed as an Optional supplement (like teh way the 4th ed Way of... Books were), they will be Missions legal 30 days after release, as listed at the end of the document.  If the new book has anything that needs Missions tweaked, it will be reflected in an updated FAQ.

Man, now I want to offer SRM-04 missions so the characters can promote to Prime Runners afterwards.

Hehe. :) 

Bull

samiam

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <07-31-13/1849:52> »
Someone said there’s a reward for wearing Shadowrun shirts to Missions games?
Yes! If you wear a Shadowrun or a Catalyst Game Labs shirt to any Catalyst Demo Team convention or Open Play Shadowrun Missions event, you get a single point of NERPS!

Sooo...does this mean there will be Shadowrun and/or Catalyst Game Labs shirts available to agents?  It seems a bit wonky to advertise this and then not have the agents in shirts, me thinks.     ;D

Otherwise, I'll just have to stick to my Critical Glitch swag.   8)

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <07-31-13/1909:25> »
Sooo...does this mean there will be Shadowrun and/or Catalyst Game Labs shirts available to agents?  It seems a bit wonky to advertise this and then not have the agents in shirts, me thinks.     ;D

Agents should be getting shirts, but that's not my area.  You need to talk with Ray and Southpaw about that, but I know they have some plans for the current Agents at least.

Otherwise, I'll just have to stick to my Critical Glitch swag.   8)

Do you have some Crit glitch Swag?  Tinner is currently GMing for me, so he'll be geeked if you do have some.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #7 on: <08-01-13/0716:26> »
Availability Tests: The book mentions Contacts have Connection as bonus dice at one spot, and as Social Limit bonus at another spot. I assume it has to be the Limit Increase, correct?

What are the Finder's Fees for Missions Contacts? The rules imply they're based on loyalty or business quantity, making it GM interpretation. I assume Missions wants to use specified formulae.

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <08-01-13/0745:25> »
Availability Tests: The book mentions Contacts have Connection as bonus dice at one spot, and as Social Limit bonus at another spot. I assume it has to be the Limit Increase, correct?

Use both.  Since we use the Buying Hits rule for all tests, it would otherwise make gear prohibitively expensive or flatout make it impossible to get.

What are the Finder's Fees for Missions Contacts? The rules imply they're based on loyalty or business quantity, making it GM interpretation. I assume Missions wants to use specified formulae.

As mentioned on 418, Contacts won't usually charge a fee to find gear for you, as most of their money comes on the fencing side of things.  And any fees tehy do charge come out of money they charge if you have them "rush job" it, buying extra dice for the exorbitant +25% per die.

aka, no fee when they buy stuff. 

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #9 on: <08-01-13/0824:28> »
One more really silly question: Availability is opposed. Do the Items buy hits?
« Last Edit: <08-01-13/0831:38> by Michael Chandra »

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <08-01-13/0829:42> »
One more really silly question: Availability is opposed. Do the Items buy hits?

Yes.  So effectively, you need a number of dice equal to the Availability to be able to purchase it, more or less, though keep the delivery time chart in mind as well.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #11 on: <08-01-13/0833:47> »
So if  during the Campaign I get a Connection 5 contact to Loyalty 4, she has 5+5+4 dice. If I pay 50% more she has 16, she can score me a Ranger Arms.

Regarding new books: Core has no Intuition-based Tradition, plus there's only the six spirit types now. Would a player be able to change their Tradition when the magic book is released?
« Last Edit: <08-01-13/0835:49> by Michael Chandra »

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #12 on: <08-01-13/1826:21> »
Same as the core rulebook.  It's Rating 6 across the board, Device or otherwise.

Hm. This cuts out almost all armor.

-k

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <08-01-13/1829:29> »

Hm. This cuts out almost all armor.

-k

Pretty much. It would just leave a (synth)leather jacket, Armor Vest and Armor Clothing as allowable, at least if strictly adhering to that rating limit even on the armors.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Palladion

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <08-01-13/2203:16> »
So if  during the Campaign I get a Connection 5 contact to Loyalty 4, she has 5+5+4 dice. If I pay 50% more she has 16, she can score me a Ranger Arms.

Does this apply to the Season 5 Contact whose Skills and Charisma are known?  For example: Sarah Silverleaf has Connection 5, Loyalty 2, Charisma 9, Negotiation 8.  Would I roll (purchase hits):
Negotiation 8 + Charisma 9 + Connection 5 [Social 12 + Connection 5] vs. Availability
OR
Connection 5 + Loyalty 2 + Connection 5 [Limit ? + Connection 5] vs. Availability? 

(I realize with buying hits that Limits do not really come into play, but I wanted to keep with the proper nomenclature.)
P A L L A D I O N