NEWS

Into the Chaos Chapter 2 Recruitment

• 180 Replies

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #60 on: <09-05-16/0259:23> »
What about an 8 point prejudice against the UCAS military and a 7 point flashback of the last battle when she was captured?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #61 on: <09-05-16/0310:23> »
Loads:

Impassive (7 Karma, Hard Targets) -1 to your Social Limit
Did you just call me dumb (3 Karma, turn normal social glitches into critical ones)
EMOTIONAL ATTACHMENT (5 Karma, your RCC for example)

to name a few.

Also, I'd think about raising your attributes and lowering your money. Willpower is damn important if you don't want your brain fried during rigging. STR remarkably less so. Reaction could use another point.
Bone lacing is nice if your main role is going toe to toe, but as the rigger you'd be better off with some reaction enhancers.
Cybereyes aren't so good for you either. Get a datajack (or two) instead and use Sensors with Electronic Warfare - which you are sorely lacking
The bumblebee has been nerved severely in regard to speed. You might be better off with a blimp - those are cheap to replace at least and can be outfitted with a sniper rifle, so they won't be in any immediate danger. For close in you can get an anthro drone like the sparring drone and have it wear armor - much cheaper and durable that way.

You are also lacking autosofts - especially smartsoft for an easy +2 to hit with your drones.

Edit:
Flashbacks are pretty crippling for a combat character, I wouldn't recommend them for you - especially not with that low willpower
« Last Edit: <09-05-16/0315:31> by Jack_Spade »
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #62 on: <09-05-16/0330:09> »
@Jack  The Bumblebee has its speed boosted to 4, is that too slow? 

The RCC has EW of 6 so would that not work? 

I like Emotional Attachment so will look around for a couple of others to get to 10 more. 

I cannot use the autosoft whe sharing programs from the RCC, right?  So is it better to have that or maybe find a way to add it to the RCC?

I took the bone lacing because I am under the impression that I will not be staying in the van while the action is going on and was using it to help with my armor.  My experience in this campaign so far leads me to think I might need it.  Or should I plan on remaining in the van and using the drones from a distance?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #63 on: <09-05-16/0354:34> »
The Bumblebee now starts with a speed of 0 (it's been nerved in Rigger 5) so you'd need to upgrade it severely (it's also very expensive, which is why I'd argue for a cheaper drone)

Bone lacing only helps you to soak damage - four dice to be precise. Getting +4 to Reaction can potentially eliminate all damage you'd receive and also helps you to be a better driver/pilot.

You can always get better external armor than the jacket (Gel Pads + Murder Armor e.g.)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #64 on: <09-05-16/0423:38> »
@Jack   Thank you so much for the advice.  It is back to the drawing board for me and I will see what I can come up with.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #65 on: <09-05-16/0442:53> »
If there's still room I should be able to post my character tomorrow.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #66 on: <09-05-16/0518:26> »
Sure no problem.

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #67 on: <09-05-16/1218:46> »
Is Genetech considered Bioware?
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #68 on: <09-05-16/1232:52> »
Yes.

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #69 on: <09-05-16/2314:38> »
-- Priorities --
Metatype B
Attributes B
Magic E
Skills E
Resources A

-- Karma Expenditure --
25 Starting Karma
-10 for Restricted Gear Superthyroid Gland
-10 for Protoype Transhuman
-5 for Biocompatibility: Bioware
+5 for Distinctive Style: BIG FRAGGING TROLL!!!
+10 for Tough and Targeted
+5 for Big Regret
+5 for Emotional Attachment
-10 for 20000 nuyen
-5 for Firearms Group 1
-5 for Athletics Group 1

Remaining
-- Attributes --
Body 8 (12)
Agility 4 (8)
Reaction 5 (6)
Strength 10 (14)
Willpower 3
Logic 2
Intuition 2
Charisma 2
Edge 1
Essence: 2.995

Initiative – 2d6+9
Physical Condition Monitor - 14
Stun Condition Monitor - 10
Overflow Boxes - 8
Physical Limit - 11
Mental Limit - 3
Social Limit - 3

-- Qualities --
Insomnia rating 1
Restricted Gear: Superthyroid
Prototype Transhuman
Biocompatibility
Emotional Attachment
Big Regret
Tough and Targeted
Distinctive Style: BIG FRAGGING TROLL!!!

-- Skills --
Unarmed Combat 6
Intimidation (Physical) 4 (6)
Thrown Weapons 1
Pilot Groundcraft 1
Heavy Weapons 1
Blades 1
Perception 1

-- Skill Groups --
Firearms 1
Athletics 1

-- Knowledge/Language Skills --
German N
English 3
Street:
Fixers 3
Academic:
Architecture 2

-- Augmentations/Magic/Adept Powers --
Titanium Bone Lacing
Muscle Augmentations 3
Muscle Toner 3
Synaptic Acceleration
Striking Calluses (fists)
Superthyroid Gland
Sleep Regulator

-- Gear --
-22500 for Titanium Bone Lacing used
-69750 for Muscle Augmentation rating 3 used
-72000 for Muscle Toner rating 3 used
-78000 for Synaptic Acceleration
-500 for Two Striking Calluses on the fists.
-140000 for Superthyroid Gland
-5000 for Low Lifestyle 1 month
-12000 for Harley Davidson Scorpion
-1000 for Armor Jacket
-1000 for Datajack
-4000 for Smartlink Eye Enhancement
-450 for Defiance EX Shocker with 4 Tazer Darts
Acc: 4 Dmg: 9S(e) AP: -5 Mode: SS Ammo: 4m
-800 for 12 tazer darts
-3050 for Ares Predator V with Improved Range Finder and 15 rounds of regular ammo
Acc: 5 (7) Dmg: 8P AP: -1 Mode: SA Ammo: 15c
-305 for a spare clip for Ares V with 15 rounds of regular ammo
-645 for a spare clip for Ingram with 32 rounds of regular ammo
-645 for a spare clip for Ingram with 32 rounds of regular ammo
-3455 for Ingram Smartgun X with Improved Range Finder and Sling with 32 rounds of regular ammo
Acc: 4 (6) Dmg: 8P Mode: BF/FA RC: 2 Ammo: 32c
-5000 for Transys Avalon
-395 for Customized Ballistic Mask with Trodes and Image Link
-300 for Forearm Guards
-20 for Silver Credstick
-5 for Basic Credstick
-10000 for Fake SIN: Hans Gundervick rating 4
-800 for Firearm License rating 4
-800 for Bioware License rating 4
-800 for Cyberwear License rating 4
-25000 for Docwagon Gold Membership for 1 year
-750 for Medkit Rating 3
-1200 for two sets of Good clothes(Shirt,pants,shoes)
-100 for Large Dufflebag
-12000 for Sleep Regulator

Remaining Money -  + ()
-- Contacts –
Mr Mouse: Infobroker, Fixer
Loyalty: 2 Connection: 4

So he left Germany this time because his Team whom he ran with almost out of the Vat got geeked. He felt himself as the survivor to be responsible. He tried to find new employment but without his team he doesn't have many other options but to try and find employment elsewhere. He tried to smuggle himself and ended up in Seattle due to a logistics misunderstanding...

Now he has to survive his new home.

He found a fixer amongst the shadows. And thats the start. His sole momento is a Dog tag that states his subject number from the vat.

So how is that?
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #70 on: <09-06-16/0051:49> »
Nicole Monet was a promising physician in the Renraku system.  She was born to mid-level corporate parents and had everything she could really ask for.  She was educated in the the right schools and given opportunities only available to a small percentage of the population.  She grew up to be a gifted surgeon and could look ahead to a lifetime of ease in the corporate structure.  She married the son of a rising corporate star and was on the list to be allowed to have her first child when everything went wrong.

Unforeseen complications on the operating table led to the unfortunate death of a senior VP and the family started looking for someone to blame and the surgeon and her team were the obvious choices.  Nicole, her assisting physician, and all three nurses became the subject of a massive medical malpractice lawsuit.  The incarceration and trial lasted seven months, during which time her husband was allowed to annul their marriage and her parents formally disowned her.  Nicole was summoned to the offices of the company president and given the news that she was to be temporarily let go.  She would be given a chance to earn a place back in the corporation through service on the streets. 

It has now been three years and no advancement seems to be coming her way.  Renraku still has its claws into her, but she has used some useful contacts to set herself up as a go-to girl for the various criminal syndicates in Seattle, which gives her access to medicines and equipment she cannot get elsewhere.

OOC:  Still a work in progress.  I would like to work a bit on some contacts but do not know where to get the karma from.  Please take a look at this one and let me know if it is an improvement.

-- Priorities --

Metatype E
Attributes A
Magic E
Skills A
Resources C

-- Karma Expenditure --

25 Starting Karma
-4 Linguist
-2 Gifted Healer
-3 Quick Healer
+25 Corporate SINner (Renraku)
-25 Body
-15 Strength

-- Attributes --
Body 3
Agility 5
Reaction 5
Strength 3
Willpower 5
Logic 6
Intuition 5
Charisma 3
Edge 3
Essence 5.8

Initiative – 10 + 1d6
Physical Condition Monitor - 10
Stun Condition Monitor - 11
Overflow Boxes -
Physical Limit - 5
Mental Limit - 8
Social Limit - 6

-- Qualities --
Linguist
Quick Healer
Gifted Healer (Stabilization)
Corporate SINner (Renraku)

-- Skills --
Armorer 5
Automotive Mechanic 5
Blades 6 (Axes +2)
Diving 5
Instruction (Professional Knowledge +2)
Longarms 6 (Shotguns +2)
Perseption 5
Pilot Ground Craft 4
Swimming 4

-- Skill Groups --
Biomedical Group 6
Influence Group 4

-- Knowledge/Language Skills --
French: N
Braille 3
American Sigh Language 2
CAS Creole 2
Chinese 2 (Speaking +2)
Dakota 1
English 3 (Speaking +2)
German 2
Italian 3 Speaking +2)
Japanese 2 (Speaking +2)
Lakota 2
Russian 3 (Speaking +2)
Salish 2

Criminal Syndicates 3 Professional
Medical Malpractice Laws 3 Professional

-- Augmentations --

Smart Link

-- Gear --

- Weapon: Mossberg AM-CMDT (Gas-Vent System R3, Personal Grip, Smartgun, Extended Clip, Imaging Scope, Imp Range Finder, Shock Pad, Sling 4 x Spare Clip 100 x APDS)
- Weapon: Combat Axe (Gecko Grip, Personalized Grip, Sling)
- Armor Jacket (Chem R5, Fire R5, Gel Packs, Non-Conductivity R5, Thermal Dampening R3, YNT Softweave)
- Ballistic Mask (Gas Mask, Image Link, Meta Link, Vision Enhancement R2)
- Meta Link
- Diving Gewar x 2
- Medkit R6 w/ 10 reloads
- STATscan
- Trauma Patch x 5
- Silver Credstick
- Clothes (Street Clothes)
- Nicole Monet, Corporate SIN Licenses (Driving, Practicing Medicine, MeAxe), Traveler Lifestyle 1 Month (Mobile Street Clinic from back of van)
-Simone LeClerc (Fake SIN R4, Licenses for Driving, Practicing Medicine, Axe)
- Remaining Money – 1410 (Credstick)

--Vehicles--

Bulldog Van (High Amenities, Armor +3 (15), Increased Seating, Metahuman Adjustment - Dwarf, Metahuman Adjustment - Troll, Pilot Enhancement (4), Rigger interface, Run Flat Tires, Valkyrie Module, Medkit R6 w/ 10 Refills, Tool Kit Armorer, Tool Kit Automotive Mechanic, Shop Medical)
EVO Proletarian (Drone Arm, Rigger Interface, Tool Kit - Automotive Mechanic)

-- Contacts –
Edward Fallow: Pharmace Technician Mercy General Hospital  C2, L3
Hilo Nakimura Corporate Executive - Renraku C4, L1

« Last Edit: <09-06-16/1057:53> by Mercy Merchant »

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #71 on: <09-06-16/0313:20> »
So right now we have :
  • A Tactician elf with some hacking skills
  • A Murica' combat Medic
  • A Drake face adept with no friends
  • A BIG troll hammer
  • An "Exotic Dancer" Rigger that completely changed her career path to become an Axe Medic
  • A super katana adept deep in debts

What could go wrong? By the way I made my contacts :

Doc. Chapman, male Human DocWagon Medic. Connection 2; Loyalty 5. Robert Chapman served under the same division as Band Aid and they have been friends for a long time. He left the military life five years ago and signed a contract with DocWagon.

Jerry, male Elf Fixer. Connection 3; Loyalty 1. Band Aid met Jerry while he was working under Lone Star. The elf was apparently an attorney and was here to defend his unjustly accused clients (Fixers really love that one). It didn't take long for Band Aid to put two and two together and get his number just in case…

Okwuoma Nebeolisa, female Troll Street Dealer. Connection 1; Loyalty 2. Okwuoma is certainly not a good peddlar but she knows the street and where to get cheap drugs.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #72 on: <09-06-16/0318:09> »
No friends, no friends, I do have friends! Just not on this side of the ocean...
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #73 on: <09-06-16/0323:53> »
Maybe Nicole should have called Jerry as a lawyer during her malpractice lawsuit.  The one she was provided "at great expense" did nothing but tell her she was going to lose everything (which she did...house, husband, parents, corporate privileges, etc) and advise her to take the punishment without arguing about it or things would get even worse.  She has often wondered just how much worse things could have gotten.

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #74 on: <09-06-16/0346:03> »
@Imladir

Sure, sure, we believe you Lizard head

@Mercy Merchant

Who knows? It could be him. I never said he was a good lawyer ;D and well, finding new Shadowrunner can be tricky so sometimes fixers have to give a push in the right direction.

Don't forget to keep your Corporate SIN secret, street scums, including shadowrunner, tend to be.. wary about Corporate SINners. And you lose 10% of your income, damn corporation!