NEWS

Running Boundless Mercy - Background infos on IoND, New Century, and so on

• 3 Replies

belaran

• Omae
« on: <07-02-16/1633:46> »
Hi,

I've ran the first scenario, called Reckon, and my PCs are now asking me questions on the IoND, New Century, and Atlantean Foundation, and I am a bit at a loss. While the organizations themself have been around for a while in Shadowrun ( and mentioned a bit everywhere), I am not really sure what is the latest update on each and even more importantly, how much about them is actually public knowledge.

I checked out the available entries in street grimoire 5ed, but I found those lacking. It sounds that this mission compilation is actually building/following up on some 4ed related material... Would some of you be kind enough to direct to the 4ed (or else) I should checkout on this topic ?

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <07-04-16/1836:24> »
Gosh, I really did not think this one will be so difficult to answer !  :o

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #2 on: <07-04-16/1914:18> »
Well, it IS a holiday weekend here in the US. Lots of people have things to do.

As for sources leading up to Boundless Mercy, the Artifacts series, including Artifacts Unbound may have info. Otherwise, look in Street Magic and Conspiracy Theories. 3Es Loose Alliances would have stuff, too.

Really, though, this just points out how much we really need a new Loose Alliances book.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Sphinx

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #3 on: <07-07-16/1302:47> »
There's a nice summary of the Atlantean Foundation in the first "Dawn of the Artifacts" adventure. This is from (SR4) Dawn, p.8:

THE ATLANTEAN FOUNDATION
Created by Sheila Blatavska shortly after the Awakening in 2012, the Atlantean Foundation is a private organization publicly dedicated to restoring the glory of the lost golden age of Atlantis, a supposed Mecca of wonders and knowledge that disappeared into the mists of time. More than just a group of eccentric history buffs and new-agers, it is an organization with branches worldwide, popular trid shows, monthly newsletters and chats, major research centers, sponsored archaeological digs, and cadres of respected scientists. It boasts millions of members worldwide and operates at a level just shy of an AA corporation.

THE MYSTIC CRUSADERS
This paramilitary group is a secret order within the Atlantean Foundation, allegedly organized around the precepts of an ancient Atlantean codex. Part knightly order, part relic hunter, they serve a variety of roles for the organization, although they remain mostly the stuff of rumors even in the shadows. Rumors persist that the Mystic Crusaders are  fanatically devoted to the organization’s charismatic leader rather than the Foundation itself, and largely autonomous of the Foundation’s hierarchy. No one knows if they work for Sheila Blatavska or if they have their own, separate agenda that happens to coincide with hers. For more information on the Mystic Crusaders, see p.73, Street Magic.

There's more about the Atlantean Foundation in (SR3) Loose Alliances, p.79, and (SR4) Conspiracy Theories, p.173.

The Illuminates of the New Dawn and its political arm, the New Century Party, have been around since Rozilyn Hernandez ran against Dunkelzahn for President in 2057. See (SR2) Super Tuesday, p.10; (SR3) Loose Alliances, p.89; (SR4) Street Magic, p.72; (SR4) Conspiracy Theories, p.172; and (SR5) Street Grimoire, p.59