NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #300 on: <11-18-15/1821:34> »
The nightlies aren't intended as a live build, they're more or less a way for me to shake out the bugs. As is it sounds like it thinks the character was built as Karma; if you open up the chum5 file what does it say the build method is?

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #301 on: <11-18-15/1904:36> »
...definitely Priority as it has the "Build Summary" instead of "Karma Summary" tab

I ran another quick test where I tried to purchase a "new" skill from the Combat skill group with the SPs that show as still being unspent. Only the following three skills show up as being able to be purchased with SPs:

Archery
Heavy Weapons
Throwing Weapons

Automatics, Clubs, and Unarmed Combat  have the "point" fields locked out so they can only be purchased with Karma.

If I go back to .175 to rebuild the backup file, then my Genemods will not modify Attributes or Skills.  This is why I asked the question about ver .176.

Don't mind helping out with the testing and debugging, however, I also need to have a viable character for my missions sessions.  Right now I could not commit this character to career mode because of the Karma deficit.
« Last Edit: <11-18-15/1906:08> by kyoto kid »
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #302 on: <11-20-15/1546:49> »
So, I just downloaded Chummer5. I enjoy the program. I am having issues with it letting me select the FN HAR, some weapon mods (especially extended clips), and not showing names of any of the machine pistols
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #303 on: <11-20-15/2101:13> »
Do a Check for Update; there was a bug with the weapons.xml, I never got around to pushing out a proper fix for it.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #304 on: <11-20-15/2150:44> »
...rolled back to ver 5.176 and like in ver 5.175, bonuses from Genemods  to Attributes or Skills are not being applied.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #305 on: <11-21-15/1915:02> »
Like I said before, the genemod improvements are all existing improvements, so you'd just need to copy the bioware.xml file from 5.177 and put it into a 5.176 release build. Hoping to get a new release version completed tonight, so we'll see if that shakes out the existing bugs.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #306 on: <11-22-15/0115:45> »
...OK thanks.

Just hope I don't get that Karma skills glitch again.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #307 on: <11-22-15/0252:04> »
Build 5.177 is available here, or via Auto-Update.

Application Change:

- Fixed a crash when selecting positive lifestyle qualities.
- Life Module backstories are now generated by a button press on the Character Info page.
- Print Preview mode is accessible from a context menu in the Character Print Viewer.
- Vehicles, Cyberware and Drones now have a Matrix Condition Monitor tracker. Note; the cyberware CM is effectively limited to 'root' devices, as in cyberlimbs, Wired Reflexes, things you wouldn't normally expect to be attached to other things. While I can fiddle with this setting easily enough, a bit of internal testing just left my testers confused as to whether they were bricking the parent device or not. Looking for feedback on this.
- Refactored a chunk of the Improvements code to use the new Log formatting. Mostly just stops it from throwing warnings at me during builds, but is a bit more human-readable.
- Fixed a bug that stopped lifestyle qualities from loading properly when edited.
- Fixed an incorrectly calculated Drain value.
- The Create Natural Weapon form can now select STR in addition to the current STR/2 option.
- Fixed an issue that caused the prompt for adding an enhancement metamagic to show the wrong value.
- Fixed an issue with Basic Lifestyles not being editable.
- Fixed an issue with Lifestyle costs not calculating correctly for metatypes and some other edge cases.
- The Adept Powers panel now includes an automatic scroll button that triggers when the list of powers exceeds the panel height.
- Fixed some issues with genemods being able to benefit from cyber/bioware grades.
- Gear and Cyberware can now use the variable value Parent Cost in a similar manner to Weapon Cost for weapon accessories. Currently this is used exclusively for the Implant Medic Hard Nanoware.
- Concealability modifiers for Gear can now be based on Rating. Currently used for the Extended Clip modifier.
- Fixed a calculation issue for lifestyle qualities.
- Fixed some issues that cropped up for 'ware that adds qualities (Daredrenaline, Metatype Reduction, etc.)
- Implemented support for selecting the slot that a weapon modiciation occupies. May break in interesting ways, but should allow holdouts and such to attach spare clips again.
- Commlinks and cyberdecks can now switch their ASDF attributes around. This capability will be properly segregated out into Cyberdecks in a later patch.
- Previous Priority selections are preserved when you use the Change Priority Selection button in Create Mode. Fixes #497.
- Fixed an issue that stopped Sum to Ten from completing properly.
- Fixed some calculation and appearance issues for special attributes.
- Build Summary for Primary and Special Attributes during Priority/Sum to Ten now shows Karma cost in addition to point cost expenditure.
- Fixed a crash in the Spell Selection window caused by clicking the Accept Form button with a Category node selected.

Data Change:

- Fixed an issue with Cloaks from HT that caused a crash.
- Fixed missing data values for discounted adept powers.
- Adept Way Discount values enabled for all eligible powers (IE, anything except powers that cost .25.)
- Fixed an issue with gas-vents that caused a crash.
- Renamed the Low-Light Vision metagenetic quality to prevent it from clashing with the metatype quality.
- Renamed the Magic Sense metagenetic quality to prevent it from clashing with the metatype quality.
- Fixed incorrect data values for the Extreme Cyber-Implant weapon.
- Hard Nanoware from Chrome Flesh has been added. Because of the way it interacts with cyberware, the Implant Medic is listed as a piece of cyberware.
- Altered the way Weapon Accessories are handled to enable pre-configured Ratings. Custom-made weapons with built-in accessories will need to have their format changed to <accessories><accessory<name>Whatever</name></accessory></accessories>. Existing characters should load properly; please contact me if you run into any issues with this.
- Fixed a crash caused by the Extended Clip.
- Added Nanoware from Chrome Flesh.
- Proper bonuses added for most of the genetech from Chrome Flesh. Myostatin Inhibitor still doesn't have the karma discount, because it's tedious to implement.
- Fixed the minimum INT for Wakyambi to 2.
- Holdouts have had the <allowaccessory> tag set to true as a result of code changes to how accessories can be attached to a weapon. May not take effect on existing weapons; if not, remove and re-add the weapon.
- Renamed the description for the Cat Mentor to not refer to Infiltration.
- Removed the Sail Away, Sweet Sister version of the Personalised Grip, as it's replaced by the Hard Targets version.

New String:

- Menu_FilePrintPreview

Renamed String:

- String_OverContactPoints renamed to String_OverPriorityPoints

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #308 on: <11-22-15/0332:56> »
...as to personalised grip, Hard Targets is not yet accepted for Missions play as the hardcopy version still needs to be released.
« Last Edit: <11-22-15/0336:46> by kyoto kid »

Strange

• Chummer
« Reply #309 on: <11-22-15/0422:24> »
...as to personalised grip, Hard Targets is not yet accepted for Missions play as the hardcopy version still needs to be released.
Is this supposed to be in the chummer5 forum?

I found a work-around for the life modules, when you don't want to pick a college.  You can just click the box labeled "show only life modules I can take", then choose real life from the drop down menu right above it.  It's a bit counter-intuitive, though.

In the teen years, magical education, for the skills you would normally get to choose, it doesn't give you the options, nor the skills.  You probably already know that one already.

Strange

• Chummer
« Reply #310 on: <11-22-15/0436:43> »
Just updated.  Now most of my firearms are coming up chummer.listitem.

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #311 on: <11-22-15/0605:52> »

Personalized Grip also appeared in one of the pdf enhanced fiction products some time back, and is indeed Missions legal. There was a slight problem with it, in that a cost wasn't given: The author was expecting it to appear with other weapon mods in Run & Gun, and he later clarified that it should cost 100 nuyen.

Jimmy_Pvish

• Newb
« Reply #312 on: <11-22-15/1245:37> »
After latest update, many of the guns can't be choose (program crash)

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #313 on: <11-22-15/1653:36> »
If Missions requires a hardcopy version of a book for rules to be legal, how would SASS be acceptable in Missions? It only ever got a digital release. Anyway, not a Chummer problem as far as I'm concerned. If you'd prefer, you can make a custom_weapons.xml file and put in a replacement for it, but I don't see a point in having two versions of the same item.
I'm getting the feeling that your weapons.xml file is damaged for some reason. Could you please extract this zip file into your data folder? You should be prompted to replace the existing weapons.xml file. https://my.mixtape.moe/nosoiu.zip

In unrelated news, Chummer overwhelmed the connection limit on the fileservice I was using to store the update files, so they terminated my free access. Will have something else sorted out soon, but for the interim the autoupdate's going to be offline for a while.
« Last Edit: <11-22-15/1810:27> by Chummer 5 is Alive »

Strange

• Chummer
« Reply #314 on: <11-22-15/1802:43> »
If Missions requires a hardcopy version of a book for rules to be legal, how would SASS be acceptable in Missions? It only ever got a digital release. Anyway, not a Chummer problem as far as I'm concerned. If you'd prefer, you can make a custom_weapons.xml file and put in a replacement for it, but I don't see a point in having two versions of the same item.
I'm getting the feeling that your weapons.xml file is damaged for some reason. Could you please extract this zip file into your data folder? You should find be prompted to replace the existing weapons.xml file. https://my.mixtape.moe/nosoiu.zip

In unrelated news, Chummer overwhelmed the connection limit on the fileservice I was using to store the update files, so they terminated my free access. Will have something else sorted out soon, but for the interim the autoupdate's going to be offline for a while.
That did the trick.  Thanks a ton!