NEWS

Unpublished Drafts

• 14 Replies

Ancient History

• Newb
« on: <09-03-10/1716:59> »
For everybody who doesn't know me, I'm Bobby Derie and I used to write for Shadowrun. Several months back I terminated all my contracts with Catalyst Game Labs, the current license holders of Shadowrun, and withdrew all of my drafts for upcoming products. I made a promise then that I would release these drafts free to the public at some point, and I'm doing it again here, mainly because I can.

For anyone that might be interested in what might have been, these are my original final drafts for the Shadowrun sourcebooks Runner's Toolkit, Sixth World Almanac, Corporate Guide and Attitude. I had to edit and proof them mostly on my own, so you know who to blame if you come across a typo or something that doesn't add up correctly. The exception is PACKS, which was proofed with the aid of volunteers and laid out by Platinum.

Disclaimer: The Topps Company, Inc. has sole ownership of the names, and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. The Topps Company, Inc. is not affiliated with the author, Robert Derie, in any official capacity whatsoever. The information contained in these documents is for non-commercial entertainment purposes only.

The following draft was originally submitted for Runner's Toolkit:
The following drafts were originally submitted for the Sixth World Almanac:
The following drafts were originally submitted for Corporate Guide:
The following draft was originally submitted for Attitude:
« Last Edit: <09-03-10/1738:36> by Ancient History »

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #1 on: <09-03-10/1735:05> »
Those links are all jacked up (on my end, at least).

Mooncrow

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <09-03-10/1736:45> »
Those links are all jacked up (on my end, at least).

Same here; you can make them work with some copy/paste and some editing though.

Ancient History

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <09-03-10/1739:00> »
Verdamnt autocomplete code. Links are fixed now.

Mooncrow

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <09-03-10/1741:16> »
Yes, working fine now, and thank you very much!

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <09-03-10/1742:25> »
Nice to see that there's yet another place to find the links.

Wordhawk

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <09-04-10/0128:04> »
For everybody who doesn't know me, I'm Bobby Derie and I used to write for Shadowrun. Several months back I terminated all my contracts with Catalyst Game Labs, the current license holders of Shadowrun, and withdrew all of my drafts for upcoming products.

Mind if I ask why? If you do mind, no worries, but I'm curious since that seems like a lot of work to pull.

Thanks either way.

- Wordhawk

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #7 on: <09-04-10/0250:35> »
For everybody who doesn't know me, I'm Bobby Derie and I used to write for Shadowrun. Several months back I terminated all my contracts with Catalyst Game Labs, the current license holders of Shadowrun, and withdrew all of my drafts for upcoming products.

Mind if I ask why? If you do mind, no worries, but I'm curious since that seems like a lot of work to pull.

Thanks either way.

- Wordhawk
Oh boy.

Enin

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <09-04-10/0557:30> »

Thanks either way.

- Wordhawk
Oh boy.

On a table you see a can with a label saying "worms".

Next to the can is a can opener.

Lansdren

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <09-04-10/0618:50> »
Legacy flame wars are not cool
"Didnt anyone tell you as security school to geek the mage first?"  "I guess I will just have to educate you with a introduction to my boomstick"

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #10 on: <09-04-10/0708:05> »
It's not a Flamewar just yet.
And if you want to know, there's about 2 dozend threads that lead up to it around the webs.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #11 on: <09-04-10/0846:29> »

Thanks either way.

- Wordhawk

Perhaps the wisest course of action would be to say there were differences of opinion on matters generally unrelated to the drafts themselves, and let it rest there for the time being.

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

Ancient History

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <09-04-10/0905:15> »
That would be both inaccurate and disingenuous. Jason Hardy, as Line Developer, had me banned from the freelancer forums for certain statements I made about him personally. We had many previous disputes, including several regarding the drafts in question, and a particularly nasty disagreement over the envisioned future of Shadowrun and several upcoming products. While Jason was willing to continue to use my work, it was obvious to me we had completely different standards and I no longer had any interest in continuing a business association with the company or the people running it.

Which was all said in more graphic detail, and much harsher language, elsewhere.

Stahlseele

• Omae
  • Elfen haben doofe Ohren.
« Reply #13 on: <09-04-10/0910:31> »
Legacy flame wars are not cool
getting closer there.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it." - Field Marshall Erwin Rommel
"In a free society, diversity is not disorder. Debate is not strife. And dissent is not revolution." - George W. Bush

Caine Hazen

• Global Moderator
  • Omae
  • Dumpshocker Emeritus
« Reply #14 on: <09-04-10/1205:36> »
That all being said, this thread can remain as a resource, and not a topic of discusion.  You can PM AH with questions if you have them.
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat~DNA
SRGC 0.3: SR1 SR2 SR3 SR4++ h b+++ B--- D++ UB++ IE+ RN-- fnord DSF++++ W++++ hk+ ri++ m gm++ M--(+) P FP+