NEWS

Suggestion: Reputation Accountability

• 85 Replies

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #30 on: <02-19-12/1833:48> »
i never bother to worry about when i get them, pos or neg, and few enough people make any note of when they give them, so it's a moot point. (bad pun intended)
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #31 on: <02-19-12/1846:20> »
I am not a number, I'm a free man!

Judge me by how I am, not by how people vote for me!!!

Yeah, I know, that'll still put me in the "Drop him in the pool of lava" section, but still...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <02-19-12/1935:23> »
oh but you are a number, #1 poster, first of the Prime Runners, loudest voice in the forum, 600th person to join the forum, and our favorite canadian target.
« Last Edit: <02-19-12/1944:05> by beowulf_of_wa »
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #33 on: <02-19-12/2018:30> »
canadian target.
Isn't that redundant? ;)
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <02-19-12/2333:45> »
nah, gotta differentiate between canadians, french-canadians, french, and french-speaking targets (not all mutually exclusive groups)

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <02-20-12/0235:29> »
nah, gotta differentiate between canadians, french-canadians, french, and french-speaking targets (not all mutually exclusive groups)

And those SoBs from Ontario....
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Paul

• Chummer
« Reply #36 on: <02-24-12/1140:19> »
Yeah, I know, that'll still put me in the "Drop him in the pool of lava" section, but still...

Strikes me as too swift. My vote's for locking you in a confined space filled with broken glass, rats, and a slow acid drip.
Points will be awarded to you for the # of rats you kill. Posthumously, of course.

Paul

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #37 on: <02-24-12/1319:50> »
And those SoBs from Ontario...
And Torontonians.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <03-16-12/2151:43> »
*Chuckle*
"Bring some accountability to the system that makes us accountable for our posts!"

GRaske

• Newb
« Reply #39 on: <04-14-12/1647:45> »
I was wondering what the + and - numbers were. So if the advice of everybody is that it has no meaning and doesn't matter and to just ignore it then why is it there at all? You should  turn it off instead of adding new features.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #40 on: <04-14-12/1656:13> »
I still stand firm in my stance that some kind of system needs to be in place to keep people from sitting on your smite button, and then when called on it just say "Nuh uh! No I didn't!" like a certain person who recently got caught red-handed with screenshot evidence.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #41 on: <04-14-12/1711:29> »
I agree, BigGuns. That behavior is really aggravating, though that kind of person would probably still claim no fault even if presented with a log with their name, the name of the person they smited, and a time stamp of when it happened.

I would code the features BigGuns suggests myself if you guys would agree to implement it, just to nip this behavior in the bud. But quite frankly, if the advice of all the Powers That Be is to ignore the rep feature entirely, it should just be removed.

GRaske

• Newb
« Reply #42 on: <04-14-12/1713:23> »
I don't even see a smite button anywhere but maybe Im just not enough of a cool kid to get to smite people.

Red

• Omae
  • Good plans load the dice. Good stories trump them.
« Reply #43 on: <04-14-12/1732:43> »
I don't even see a smite button anywhere but maybe Im just not enough of a cool kid to get to smite people.

Given that it's an illusory "power", I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it. ;)
"My writing is more akin to a cook than a farmer: give me the pieces, and what comes out of it is greater than the sum of it's parts. Give me nothing, and I just stare dumbly. It's a failing, but then, it's also a living."

ShadowSea, for my players.
http://shadowsea.webnode.com/

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #44 on: <04-14-12/1841:21> »
Wait...  We have power over something?   :o

#ThisTaserGoesTo11