NEWS

Shadowrun Missions Update

• 19 Replies

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« on: <01-26-20/1143:40> »
Alright, we're long overdue for an update, but it's because we've been busy trying to get all of this done for you guys.

• Season 8 - The rest of Season 8 is getting published. 0803 is out, I've seen 0804, will be in stores soon, and 0805/0806 are right behind.
  • Season 9/10 - Both of these will see release after Season 8. We are dual statting these so you can run them with SR6 PCs.
  • The Neo-Tokyo arc will be completed in CMP format. It will be released with SR6. No confirmation on dual-statting, but I'd like it to be.
  • SRM naming conventions should be changed from Season X to the year the series is taking place, so SRM 2081-01, 2081-02, etc.
  • SRM 2081 will be set in Seattle.
  • We are moving to a 13 Missions per year schedule, one of which will be a Prime Mission related to the plot arc.
  • Six of those Missions will debut during the convention season (Origins and Gen Con).
  • All 13 should be published prior to the 2021 Convention Season
  • We are looking at partnering with Shadowrun Missions Online to debut SRM 2081-07 thru SRM 2081-12 in the Fall, after Gen Con
  • We'll spend 2 real years in Seattle (so SRM 2081-01 thru 2081-24 and two Prime Missions).
  • A Missions Primer document will be released for GMs. This is different than the SRM FAQ, which will be released for everyone.
  • I'm crossing my fingers on updating the SRM Logo for 6th Edition.

OK!  Hopefully that answers some questions.  You'll probably have more questions.  If so, feel free to ask here!
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-26-20/1625:00> »
Alright, we're long overdue for an update, but it's because we've been busy trying to get all of this done for you guys.

And you've been herding cats for the Errata Team, thank you Danny for all the hours you put into our little hobby here!

prophet42

• Newb
  • Financial Prognosticator
« Reply #2 on: <01-26-20/1757:57> »
Indeed - thanks for the update.

If its not fun, then why are you doing it?

Boneguard

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <02-02-20/1051:30> »
This is awesome news.

I do have a quick question.

On DrivehruRPG, we currently have Prime Mission 1, 2 and 5. Will the other Prime Missions (3, 4 and possible 6 onward) also be made available?

Thank

Lehane

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <02-02-20/1733:38> »
So do we have any idea on how things that were out for 5th that aren't out for 6th are going to be handled for Neo-Tokyo going forward?

or are we facing a character re-boot for Neo-Tokyo?

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <02-02-20/2331:56> »
This is awesome news.

On DrivehruRPG, we currently have Prime Mission 1, 2 and 5. Will the other Prime Missions (3, 4 and possible 6 onward) also be made available?

Thank

Unfortunately not. The focus is on the standard Missions, and with staff turnaround in 2016-2017 a lot of the 'extras' fell to the wayside, not receiving the attention they needed to publishing.  That said, we're hoping to envelope the Prime Missions going forward as integral to the plot arc, giving them priority.

So do we have any idea on how things that were out for 5th that aren't out for 6th are going to be handled for Neo-Tokyo going forward?

or are we facing a character re-boot for Neo-Tokyo?

For regular Season play, it's a reboot, you will be creating new 6th Edition Characters.  For the CMPs that continue Neo-Tokyo, we'll look at allowing SR5 Neo-Tokyo characters that have been converted.  There is a conversion document, I'll try to find it and push it to folks who don't have it.

Boneguard

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <02-03-20/1752:22> »
This is awesome news.

Thank

Unfortunately not. The focus is on the standard Missions, and with staff turnaround in 2016-2017 a lot of the 'extras' fell to the wayside, not receiving the attention they needed to publishing.  That said, we're hoping to envelope the Prime Missions going forward as integral to the plot arc, giving them priority.

A bit of a shame, but I get it and it make sense to focus on the regular missions over the extra.

Helzmasher

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <02-24-20/1637:05> »
  • SRM naming conventions should be changed from Season X to the year the series is taking place, so SRM 2081-01, 2081-02, etc.
  • SRM 2081 will be set in Seattle.
  • We are moving to a 13 Missions per year schedule, one of which will be a Prime Mission related to the plot arc.
  • Six of those Missions will debut during the convention season (Origins and Gen Con).
  • All 13 should be published prior to the 2021 Convention Season
  • We are looking at partnering with Shadowrun Missions Online to debut SRM 2081-07 thru SRM 2081-12 in the Fall, after Gen Con
  • We'll spend 2 real years in Seattle (so SRM 2081-01 thru 2081-24 and two Prime Missions).

Does the fact that all missions will take place in 2081 mean that we will have a limted calendar for downtime purposes?
« Last Edit: <02-24-20/1639:02> by Helzmasher »

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <02-24-20/1703:53> »
A particular PC's calendar will not prevent playing in Missions games.  Mainly the calendar is used to track lifestyle costs. 

Even in 5e training times quickly put a PC past the Mission's dates.  Toss in a couple initiations or some shopping time for that availability 20+ super cool thingamabob, most of my PCs were well into year 2, or year 3 in a single season of Missions.

Helzmasher

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <02-24-20/1856:07> »
Thanks Hobbes, for the clarification.

I can't wait to play this new missions campaign!!

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <02-27-20/1540:21> »
That said, we will reassessing how we want to work calendars in 6E.

Whatever it ends up being, the goal will be to enable a satisfying advancement experience.

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <02-27-20/1611:18> »
"Training" lifestyle paid by the week for Downtime using whatever training time the Missions team wants to use.  Presume Low Lifestyle being covered by Missions Pay.  If Medium or higher is desired by a player have an Up charge option.

Or simply handwaive downtime per mission and charge X Nuyen per Mission for Y Lifestyle.  Let players just do whatever they need to do in between missions and don't track time spend for downtime activities. 

Hand out free rent for Mission rewards?   ;D

Jahrl Mirkson

• Newb
  • Lurk, lurk, lurk.
« Reply #12 on: <02-27-20/2046:39> »
Hand out free rent for Mission rewards?   ;D

Your landlord is your Johnson... I can see it now. "You busted up your apartment again. I can either give you this 21/30, or you can go break in to an Ares black site and upload this virus. What's it gonna be?"
Ninja vanish!
*BAMF*
*cough**cough**cough*

Missions character: Brick House
Titles: Daddy Killer, Dragon Hacker

Helzmasher

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <02-28-20/1543:59> »
Some other questions:
1 - When are the new Tokyo-CMP coming out?
2 - How do I proceed if I want to run them at the monthly local mini-convention that happens in my town?
3 - Will I be able to apply GM rewards from them to my Seattle character?

thanks!!

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <02-28-20/1624:48> »
New Missions come out for the big cons Origins and Gen Con, and are usually made available to Agents shortly after.  So Augusty some time.

Should be a stickied "how to become an Agent" post above this one somewhere.

Traditionally GM Karma earned on a CMP is used for a character for that season, so yes unless something somewhat significant is being changed.