NEWS

The current Metaplots

• 386 Replies

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #285 on: <07-31-16/0022:07> »
Oh yes. There's a lot of little things hidden in that sucker.

Lorebane24

• Omae
« Reply #286 on: <09-16-16/0152:18> »

Is the allusion to Rox-in-a-Box being responsible for the crash of 29 one of those, or is that old news?
The power of the Tri-Horse!

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #287 on: <09-18-16/1059:24> »

Is the allusion to Rox-in-a-Box being responsible for the crash of 29 one of those, or is that old news?

No. That's just an added bonus. There are many plot teasers and ideas throughout the material.

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #288 on: <11-23-16/1127:46> »

*reminded of things*

Gah.

Ahem.

Rox's connection to the Crash Virus can be found in the Dragonheart Trilogy of novels, if my brain works right.

That's also one of Alice's final pop-ups.

Of course, when she poofed, that left Wonderland unoccupied...

Reshy

• Newb
« Reply #289 on: <02-15-17/2021:14> »
For the backburner metaplots might be worth mentioning that Masaru (A Great Dragon) joined the Draco Foundation as a trustee, but Hestaby was not.  But more importantly Nadja attempted a hostile take over of an ares research corp.

>Ares acquired Institute Thaumaturgique du Québec when CatCo crumbled. Instead of merging the research corp with Xerxes Positive Research, Ares held it at a distance at the behest of Damian Knight himself. The move turned out to be a smart one. ITQ barely survived a hostile takeover by a conglomerate of companies a year after its acquisition. Most of those companies listed in the takeover bid were indirectly connected to the Draco Foundation, including MechAnima, Libra Holdings, and Centurion Financial, strengthening the claim that it was a bid orchestrated by Nadja Daviar.
> Mr. Bonds
Street Grimoire

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #290 on: <03-15-17/1127:37> »
About the fall of one of the AAA corp, Book of the Lost contains some hints that...

[spoiler]
  • NeoNET will take the fall, as the other corps want to make them the scapegoat for the CFD/Boston debacle.
  • The Corporate Court is considering Thor shots to remove Boston from the map... But that's only one of the possible solutions.
  • EVO wants to negotiate / offer a home to the Monads.
  • Ares will regain its lost power, but at the price of a change of leadership.
  • Spinrad will try to grab the vacant seat at the Corporate Court, but there are forces trying to stop him.
[/spoiler]

Of course all of that appears through cryptic prophecies and Tarot readings, so time will tell how much will actually come to pass, and how... :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #291 on: <03-15-17/1228:08> »
For the backburner metaplots might be worth mentioning that Masaru (A Great Dragon) joined the Draco Foundation as a trustee, but Hestaby was not.

That happened way back in The Clutch of Dragons.

Marzhin

• Omae
« Reply #292 on: <03-26-17/1730:59> »
Updated the OP with some of the stuff happening in Book of the Lost and Cutting Aces.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #293 on: <03-26-17/1823:54> »
*quietly wrapping up Future Product*

*glances at the original post and the note stherein*

*giggles terribly and sends files up the chain*

Marzhin

• Omae
« Reply #294 on: <03-28-17/0925:12> »

Such a tease :p

BTW, I've also added the current Denver metaplot to the list.
(Groucho Marx)

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #295 on: <03-28-17/1002:03> »

What have you done?

What have you done?
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #296 on: <03-28-17/1242:01> »
The Denver Nexus putting crosshairs (at minimum) on members of Jackpoint. What do they know? What do they believe?

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #297 on: <03-28-17/1304:12> »
It probably has something to do with Puck doing stuff involving the Nexus in False Flag and being granted Jackpoint posting privileges in Data Trails. I don't know how the rest of you feel about him, but my opinion of him has been pretty low since I read through False Flag. If I ever run into him, I'll riddle him with APDS as soon as it's convenient for me.
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #298 on: <03-28-17/1319:12> »
Puck is a rather complex guy. I enjoy writing him quite a bit and the question of where his loyalties ultimately lie, and why he does some of the things he does, is always up in the air. He's worked for and against Deus, for and against Pax, he and FastJack have some kind of a deal, he's worked with Harlequin, or his rogue ally spirit, in Denver, and then there's what he does in 10 AIs which y'all still haven't seen (one day, it'll see print!) ... whatever he's doing, he's someone to keep an eye on, but it's hard as he's quite good at vanishing for months, or even years, at a time.

And we haven't even talked about his time as a captive...

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #299 on: <03-28-17/1335:05> »
Puck is a rather complex guy. I enjoy writing him quite a bit and the question of where his loyalties ultimately lie, and why he does some of the things he does, is always up in the air. He's worked for and against Deus, for and against Pax, he and FastJack have some kind of a deal, he's worked with Harlequin, or his rogue ally spirit, in Denver, and then there's what he does in 10 AIs which y'all still haven't seen (one day, it'll see print!) ... whatever he's doing, he's someone to keep an eye on, but it's hard as he's quite good at vanishing for months, or even years, at a time.

And we haven't even talked about his time as a captive...
[/quote

I briefly considered writing a fanfic involving Puck, where my Decker NPC meets him while hunting down Network nodes and the two end up in the matrix equivalent of fisticuffs.

However, I ultimately decided "not my circus, not my monkey."
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.