NEWS

[IC] Prelude: Arachne

• 85 Replies

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #60 on: <10-17-16/2226:43> »
Gunderson waves you over and discusses a few things with you in hushed tones.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #61 on: <10-17-16/2319:46> »
[spoiler]???[/spoiler]
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #62 on: <10-18-16/2259:31> »
stuff for later
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #63 on: <10-18-16/2308:19> »
[spoiler]Why are we doing this?[/spoiler]

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #64 on: <11-16-16/2133:56> »
Gunderson contacted you to hack Vicki's system at the Organ Grinder.  You uncovered some evidence that Vicki had contacted the Giants before the initial contact and it appears she set them up to use Gundersons protection to have them killed.  Meanwhile Trips agony has continued and as you guessed he has become infected by the Kreiger Strain and is turning into a ghoul.  He is begging you to kill him... and go.

[spoiler]Feel free to post now...I'm just going to do a quick recap.[/spoiler]

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #65 on: <11-30-16/2014:53> »
Dammit Trip, don't make me do this.  I can't just shoot you.  Look there's supposed to be other ghouls down here too.  They can help you, get you through the change and...you know.  I mean you were going to die and now you might live longer than me.  You should really think about this.  I just, I just can't do it while you are distraught, you know, don't make a hasty decision.  Just give it a little time, for me.  Will ya do that for me?

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #66 on: <12-01-16/2041:06> »
Give it time?!  I ain't gonna just get over having to kill and eat people you don't just get over that, girl!  I...I can't do that

Just do it Sam,
  he whispers.  Please.  I've had a good life, don't let me end it with killing folks.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #67 on: <12-04-16/1557:21> »
Look Trip, I have an idea that might take care of that.  I can't promise anything but hold on for a little while before you make any final decision.

I head to the Organ Leggers and confront Vicki.  Hey so I came across some information about those creeps who were hassling you yesterday.  Seems someone here contacted them before they showed up here.  Looking at it in a certain light it almost seems like they were lured here and then you abused your protection from Gunderson to get them killed for you to make a little money off of.  Do you think Gunderson will be pissed about that?

[spoiler]Before I get there I summon a spirit of beasts and cast improved reflexes
Summon for 4, resist, drain: 8d6t5 2 4d6t5 1 10d6t5 4
imp refl force 5, drain: 8d6t5 3 10d6t5 4 +2 +1d6 init 1 stun [/spoiler]

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #68 on: <12-08-16/2328:47> »
What?  No it's not like that at all.  The asshole leader used to...  She looks at you a little closer.  You don't care about the real reason do you?  I can recognize a shakedown when I see one.  What do you want?

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #69 on: <12-13-16/2108:11> »
No it's...  I sigh.  No it's not like that.  I'm sorry.  That probably came off a lot colder than I meant it.  I want to know what your side of it is and I was thinking we could, you know, trade favors.  If you're legit we can spin this so you don't sound like a lunatic and I have a friend with special needs that you might be able to help.

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #70 on: <12-14-16/0906:06> »
If you say so.  Fine.  Yeah I called them but I was trying to get their leader to meet me here.  The reason for that is a long complicated story that I am not sharing with you because it is of an extremely personal nature.  I'll leave it at the dirt bag committed multiple felonies of which I was the victim and deserves to be put down.  I thought he might come with backup and I would have used Gunderson to help with that but I called him to meet me here, but instead he's been sending his goons and that's how he knows where they were going.  They weren't trying to shake me down they were trying to take me back to him and I didn't want to go. 

How are you going to spin that and what does your friend need?

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #71 on: <12-14-16/2104:09> »
That sounds legit to me, I'll just explain it that way unless you have a better idea that fits the data I have.  I was the first one to respond to your call so I can verify that certainly fits the reaction from you and the gangers.

I have a friend who has recently become a, well I'm pretty sure he's a ghoul now and he's, er hungry.  I feel a little responsible and Gunderson said there was some social ones in the sewers.  I'm kinda hoping you handle procuring their food and I was wondering if you could add my friend to the list.

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #72 on: <12-15-16/2059:45> »
She stares at you for a minute.  Well you really aren't one for tact are you.  That's a pretty insulting accusation to be hurling around.  If it were true that might seriously hurt a legitimate business-womans reputation.  However I may know who might be involved, but this wouldn't be free.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #73 on: <12-16-16/2046:20> »
How much are we talking?  I am doing you a favor, maybe you can get me a discount?

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #74 on: <12-18-16/2234:31> »
You're talking about Trip aren't you?  I heard he was grabbed and pulled into the sewers.  A fucking ghoul, poor bastard.

If the guy I think is doing it, is actually the one doing it I will have him contact him and first... "meal"... will be on me, that's all I can promise.  After that you will have to discuss prices with him.

We square on this?