NEWS

Ambidexterity through cyberware

• 18 Replies

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #15 on: <10-10-14/1900:47> »
Lots of people have jobs that require some level of ambidexterity--many of those jobs involve guns, actually.  Put in some time training (realistically, more than a week, but that would really mess with someone's calender) and you should be able to become fairly competent.

I have a buddy of mine who is a certified pistol trainer for the USMC.  He does some REALLY weird scenario-based training.  Like off-handed, in a wheelchair, while attached to an IV.  No joke - he actually got a wheelchair and an IV pole to the range and practiced for several hours.  Ambidexterity is definitely tied into hardcore firearms training.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #16 on: <10-15-14/1828:58> »
I might be imagining this, but i feel like you CAN buy positive qualities during gameplay.
If i'm correct, a pair of new arms seem like a good in game justification for buying ambidextrous.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #17 on: <10-15-14/2200:59> »
I might be imagining this, but i feel like you CAN buy positive qualities during gameplay.
If i'm correct, a pair of new arms seem like a good in game justification for buying ambidextrous.

That is correct - you pay double the Quality's cost after character generation.  I think that sounds like a WONDERFUL justification for buying the quality.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #18 on: <10-16-14/0604:38> »
My Missions character bought Quick Healer at double the rate, even though I never get to play him. -.-
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!