NEWS

Ghost Cartels

• 3 Replies

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« on: <04-24-12/1049:48> »
I'm sure there are other things I didn't notice, but I wanted to get this down before I forgot:

The Aztechnology Huitzilopochtli has a Concealed Armor rating of 15.

Normally Concealed Armor is limited to 10.

-k

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <04-24-12/1252:03> »
I'm sure there are other things I didn't notice, but I wanted to get this down before I forgot:

The Aztechnology Huitzilopochtli has a Concealed Armor rating of 15.

Normally Concealed Armor is limited to 10.

-k

Keep in mind, there are exceptions to everything, and if it REALLY bugs you that much, just say that 5 of that isn't concealed.  :P :P
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Crash_00

« Reply #2 on: <04-24-12/1406:46> »
The entire book is full of blatant disregards to the rules, inconsistencies in stats, and minor flubs. I love the story behind it, I don't think it's a bad product, but man did an editor completely screw the pooch on this one.

On this same item for instance, the AZT Huitzilopochtli has 15 levels of Concealed Armor (not allowed past ten) and is wearing an Armored Jacket (8/6), but has a total armor of 23/20 (Basic math should indicate 23/21 I believe). In addition the stat line for the body shows 10/10 armor from the armored jacket for some reason.

Personally, I'd just assume that it's SOTA experimental R&D prototype grade borgs and be done with it. After all, given when and where they show up, it's not too unbelievable.

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #3 on: <04-24-12/1936:37> »
On this same item for instance, the AZT Huitzilopochtli has 15 levels of Concealed Armor (not allowed past ten)

And there are a bunch of vehicles that have Normal Armor (aka, their default Armor Rating) over 20, and a few other instances of rule-breaking. I think there's basically an unspoken message here of "Stock features can do things aftermarket mods can't"... but that could just be me rationalizing.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me