NEWS

The Way of the Adept kicks off Shadowrun Options line

• 93 Replies

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« on: <04-27-11/1133:54> »
We have a new PDF-only product out, and if you like adepts of any flavor, this is for you! The Way of the Adept presents new rules for adept Ways, giving you the opportunity to design themed adepts who can become more powerful through their discipline. It's part of the new Shadowrun Options line, presenting optional rules to let you customize your game as you like. It's available at the Battleshop and at Drivethru. Here's the basic info:

LEARN THE WAYS OF POWER

Something is happening to the adepts of the Sixth World. They’re becoming stronger, faster—some of them are even becoming more charming. Studies indicate that the improvements are fixing on the most disciplined of adepts, those who integrate their abilities into the greater whole known as a Way. By following these Ways, adepts are reaching new levels of power.

The Way of the Adept is the first in the Shadowrun Options line of products. This line offers optional rules that can add new levels of fun to your Shadowrun game. The Way of the Adept presents fiction and in-character information to set the context for these optional rules, along with the information you need to develop characters who use their discipline to realize new strength.

The Way of the Adept is for use with Shadowrun, Twentieth Anniversary Edition.

Jason H.
« Last Edit: <04-27-11/1136:45> by JM Hardy »
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

GeLrIrToCrH

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <04-27-11/1257:11> »
I would love to hear Critias' thoughts on this, as he seems to be quite the authority on adepts....

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #2 on: <04-27-11/1334:42> »
Considering that Critias wrote it.... ;)
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

GeLrIrToCrH

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <04-27-11/1358:06> »
LOL...yea I started thinking about that after I posted....He probably wrote the whole damn thing  :P

Grinder

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <04-27-11/1441:55> »
Is a similar book planned for cyberered characters aka street samurais?

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <04-27-11/1443:08> »
He did; that's Rusty's baby all the way through. I rather like it, and will probably be implementing it in my own games (if I ever get to have another game...).

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #6 on: <04-27-11/1513:00> »
I would love to hear Critias' thoughts on this, as he seems to be quite the authority on adepts....
I'm firmly of the opinion it's the greatest piece of Shadowrun material ever written, and that the writer of said sourcebook is the best looking writer in the history of the proression.  Priced at a measly $.33 per page, I believe it to be the greatest value available on the internet today, with cleverly repurposed artwork from classic Shadowrun books having been masterfully used to keep prices low.  I think it has the best fiction ever, and the perfect blend of drama, humor, and information in its Jackpoint chatter.  The rules are the rules an angel would sing to us if they flew low enough to grace us with their wisdom, and the...wait, hold on a sec.

Dammit, Goodman gave me away!   >:(

GeLrIrToCrH

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <04-27-11/1525:54> »
LOL  :) After reading Chase, Hop, and Angels, I now have a new found interest in adepts and definetly plan on picking this up. (Well, Angels wasn't really about adepts, but your fiction is fantastic!) I'm very excited to see what else comes out of this new line and I'm glad to see this starting the charge.... +2 to you Critias!

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #8 on: <04-27-11/1546:58> »
Thanks for the hard work Critias! :D I'm looking forward to the read.
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #9 on: <04-27-11/1600:58> »
LOL  :) After reading Chase, Hop, and Angels, I now have a new found interest in adepts and definetly plan on picking this up. (Well, Angels wasn't really about adepts, but your fiction is fantastic!)
Chase is the only Adept outta those couple stories (and he's got a quick name-drop in Attitude, just as a quick aside), actually...but I'm glad you like 'em.   8)  Way of the Adept kicks off with a short piece of fiction, too, so you should enjoy it.

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <04-27-11/1619:01> »
Loved see the shout out to 1st Ed SR with Thorn posting - always loved Ourobouros!
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <04-27-11/1620:53> »
Critias, great product thank you for adding your creativity to shadowrun. One question, does the Geas discount (optional rule) add to the discount for way of ability....so an adept could get improved Reflexes for 50% discount?

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <04-27-11/1624:31> »
You mean we didn't think about that when you were writing it and we were proofing it? It's always something, ain't it?

That said, it's an interesting question. Personally, I'd allow it as a GM, but I can be a real prick about geasa, so take that for what it's worth. Crit? what's your opinion?

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #13 on: <04-27-11/1625:27> »
Loved see the shout out to 1st Ed SR with Thorn posting - always loved Ourobouros!
Ourobouros has his own posting name, actually.  Hate to burst your bubble, but this is actually a new guy.  A new guy you'll be hearing more from in the not-so-distant future. 

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <04-27-11/1628:58> »
yeah there has got to be one power gamer trying to wreck things lol....I have no PC that this would apply to....but i would put 10$ on it that it will come up in my game or maybe someone else’s....I am just getting the jump on things :)