NEWS

Attitude PDF now on sale! Print version on its way!

• 55 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #15 on: <03-16-11/1151:11> »
And I think I was just insulted on page 20.

Nah. It wasn't you. Promise.
Wasn't JUST me you meant.   :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #16 on: <03-16-11/1300:52> »
And I think I was just insulted on page 20.

Nah. It wasn't you. Promise.
Wasn't JUST me you meant.   :P
Not an insult, but a compliment.

Means we got lots of work in the future. ;)

Digital_Viking

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <03-16-11/1427:21> »
Really enjoying the give and take in Netcat and Slamm-O's posts.

Have to say this is my favorite PDF thus far, and that's coming from someone who's appreciation for violent hardware borders on the unhealthy.

*tries to imagine Hellyeah bodyguarding a popstar*

Yeah, don't see that ending well.
"Which is better and which is worse,I wonder - To understand or to not understand?"
"Understanding is always worse. To not understand is to never carry the burden of responsibility. Understanding is pain. But anything less is unacceptable."

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #18 on: <03-16-11/1443:29> »
For those of you waiting on the print edition, the printer sent us digital proofs, we've reviewed them, so the presses are going to be firing up soon!

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #19 on: <03-16-11/1655:00> »
It's like they're married.

Oh, right.  Has she had the kid yet?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #20 on: <03-16-11/1659:12> »
It's like they're married.

Oh, right.  Has she had the kid yet?
Since he's changing diapers...

imperialus

• Chummer
« Reply #21 on: <03-17-11/1118:10> »
Well I'm impressed...  I'm not finding it as cool and inspirational as Neo-Anarchists Guide to Real Life was when I first read it, but that's a pretty damn tall order to fill.

The only thing that kinda made me go ??? was the end of the Street Life fiction.  I guess I just don't see why Doc-Wagon would see Shadowrunners as a lucrative market.  Doc Wagon is like an insurance company, they make money by selling premiums, not by responding to them.  They especially don't make money when they need to respond with an HTRT and pull some bullet riddled runner out of a firefight.  Still though, that's a pretty miniscule criticism.  The story itself was a good read.

And I love Sunshine's comment on P27.  "there isn’t a whole lot of good tradecraft out there anymore.  there’s no fi nesse. Runners think they can slide a contact an extra fifty bucks and she’ll spill her guts. Your contacts aren’t programs you can load up when needed. they are living breathing people who need to be handled with care."
« Last Edit: <03-17-11/1125:48> by imperialus »

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #22 on: <03-17-11/1129:08> »
DocWagon contracts are REALLY expensive, especially the Plat/SuperPlat "We'll send in HRT teams to pull your ass out" plans.  And the health care they provide isn't nearly that expensive.

Plus, consider that, like all insurance companies, they make up for the plans they do pay out on by the thousands of plans they don't.  For every Shadowrunner they pull out of the fire, there's a few dozen corporate VPs who paid their premiums and never even had a cold.  But the Shadowrunners are the ones that they can show off, to show how awesome they are when yu do need their services.

Shadowrunners are good PR for DocWagon.

Bull

machineiv

• Freelancer
  • Newb
« Reply #23 on: <03-17-11/1257:17> »
The only thing that kinda made me go ??? was the end of the Street Life fiction.  I guess I just don't see why Doc-Wagon would see Shadowrunners as a lucrative market.  Doc Wagon is like an insurance company, they make money by selling premiums, not by responding to them.  They especially don't make money when they need to respond with an HTRT and pull some bullet riddled runner out of a firefight.  Still though, that's a pretty miniscule criticism.  The story itself was a good read.

Sorry if this bit of subtlety wasn't expressed: That scenario wasn't supposed to be a common affair. Remember, the little baby runner was responding to a specific advertisement that Doc Wagon put out. Doc Wagon's intent was to turn that scenario into a little bit of viral advertising; to turn that kid into an urban legend of sorts. Are they losing money on him if he picks up a contract? Yes. But a story like that will put Doc Wagon on the tip of everyone's tongue when they get their hand caught in a garbage disposal.
-David A Hill Jr
Freelance Writer. Game Designer.
http://www.machineageproductions.com/

imperialus

• Chummer
« Reply #24 on: <03-17-11/1311:56> »
No need to apologize.  It was a really cool bit of fiction, and it does make sense in that context.  I still wonder how effective the "We rescue criminals!" PR angle would be but that's really picking at nits.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #25 on: <03-17-11/1319:33> »
DocWagon Spokemodel:  "If we'll work this hard to rescue the scum of the earth...  Imagine how hard we'll work to save YOU!"

Bull

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #26 on: <03-17-11/1516:01> »
No need to apologize.  It was a really cool bit of fiction, and it does make sense in that context.  I still wonder how effective the "We rescue criminals!" PR angle would be but that's really picking at nits.
Depends on how the runners are seen in shadowrun. To some extent they seem to be seen as the last "free men". A kind of fictional cowboy if you will. Sure, outlaws in the eyes of the powers that be. But free to come and go as they please (at least in fiction, if not in fact).

Humanity seems to have a love/hate relationship with this "breed" of man. On the one had we would love to be them in the stylized sense, but at the same time we hate the chaos they seem to bring with them wherever they appear in the real sense.
Want to see my flash new jacket?

imperialus

• Chummer
« Reply #27 on: <03-17-11/1613:33> »
The more I read, the more I love it, just noticed the shoutout to Dark Angel on pp50-51!  That was the first Shadowrun adventure I ever GMed, and still one of my favorites.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <03-17-11/1620:01> »
We spent way more time than you might imagine compiling the list of every band and musician that appeared in Shadowrun. And since most of them were in first edition I read books I forgot I had.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #29 on: <03-17-11/1625:24> »
The more I read, the more I love it, just noticed the shoutout to Dark Angel on pp50-51!  That was the first Shadowrun adventure I ever GMed, and still one of my favorites.
I so wish I had been in a Shadowrun group in those days...

Been wanting to play it since '92.  Still waiting...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11