NEWS

Yes, I'm linking to another site. It's manybooks.net

• 4 Replies

Grendel

• Newb
« on: <01-06-11/1523:05> »
Sorry if this seems spammer-ish, but I'm really annoyed with the decision to censor Mark Twain's Huckleberry Finn, and manybooks.net really is a good free site to get public domain books.

“Censorship is telling a man he can’t have a steak just because a baby can’t chew it.” - Mark Twain

http://manybooks.net/authors/twainmar.html

Caine Hazen

• Global Moderator
  • Omae
  • Dumpshocker Emeritus
« Reply #1 on: <01-12-11/2032:36> »
Nice job, you drew out a spammer with that ;)
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a non-working cat~DNA
SRGC 0.3: SR1 SR2 SR3 SR4++ h b+++ B--- D++ UB++ IE+ RN-- fnord DSF++++ W++++ hk+ ri++ m gm++ M--(+) P FP+

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #2 on: <01-12-11/2156:17> »
Nice job, you drew out a spammer with that ;)
Hush you, I sent that spammer to the Eigth Level of Hacker Hell before anyone really noticed.  8)

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <01-12-11/2159:49> »
Hush you, I sent that spammer to the Eigth Level of Hacker Hell before anyone really noticed.

Pfft. I saw him, I think you need to work on your mad skillz a bit.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

bruce_lombardo

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <01-18-11/1503:27> »
Sorry if this seems spammer-ish, but I'm really annoyed with the decision to censor Mark Twain's Huckleberry Finn, and manybooks.net really is a good free site to get public domain books.

“Censorship is telling a man he can’t have a steak just because a baby can’t chew it.” - Mark Twain

http://manybooks.net/authors/twainmar.html

I love these books.  Granted, you can't quote them anymore...but that is our life.