NEWS

Infected initiative dice

• 3 Replies

SavarWallk

• Chummer
« on: <08-03-17/1924:57> »
The extra dice that infected get. Is it comparable with?

Improved Reflexes

Lightning Reflexes

The reason I am asking is the extra dice considered racial or magical? Or is other considerations at play?
No trees were harmed in the sending of this  message...however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-03-17/2213:26> »
Not sure this is really an errata question, probably more appropriate for the Rules & such section. Nonetheless:

The bonus that some infected get to Initiative is listed under "Gained Powers" which are natural abilities that the character now has. Personally, I would rule it not an enhancement, so compatible. But it is potentially debatable, so it is best to discuss with your GM.

The classification of Critter Powers as Natural/Magic has been a long running issue over many editions of Shadowrun, so not really a new issue.
« Last Edit: <08-04-17/0549:24> by Kiirnodel »

SavarWallk

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <08-03-17/2224:55> »
That was my view also  :) but thought to ask a clarification on i asked here so if there was a clarification needed maybe they could errata it for further publications.
No trees were harmed in the sending of this  message...however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <08-04-17/0459:57> »
I believe all infected powers are fully compatible with everything that doesn't specifically exclude that possibility.
In the same way that the increased speed some Infected gain will be compatible with both Cyberlegs and Celerity (though those two obviously don't mix).
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.