NEWS

Atlantean Foundation

• 2 Replies

Eleri

• Newb
  • Cold as Ice
« on: <06-27-11/2344:50> »
Hi folks,
Is there anybody out there? Eh... I mean, who can give me further information about the Atlantean Foundation and their activities? Espiacally of the excavations in Riga and Venspils, Latvia, and in Ukraina.
We are bunch of scientist called Baltic Frost who are interested in geophysics, history - not only - of the baltic states and archaeology.
Certainly we are members of the AF, read the Atlantean and watch The Tales of Atlantis, but what do we read and watch??? The official rule- and sourcebooks aren't detailed, they only say that there are researches in many areas and regions, but not what for.
Maybe you have a suggestion.
There is no rest for the wicked ones
- dear God what is this evil that we must have done?

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #1 on: <06-28-11/0006:28> »
For reference, Eleri is referring to an in-Game bunch of scientists (formed a few years before the year of the comet)

I believe the pronoun conflicts are a translation error :)

From a quasi-historical point of view, the best Shadowrun dig sites for Atlantean (Theran) excavations would be around the present-day Mediterranean Sea and surrounding lands.

I don't know about any AF specific digs, but it would be an intriguing campaign to follow/be involved with recovering 4th age treasures from all over the word.

Maybe an Artifacts-heavy series of adventures.... no wait.... that rings a bell somewhere...
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Eleri

• Newb
  • Cold as Ice
« Reply #2 on: <06-28-11/2350:01> »
Thanx for correction, it seems I lost the "-"-key  :)

Seriously: You are right, the most activities of AF are on Santorin (Thera) and in the Aegean Sea, in the Ukraina (former Barsaive), Bulgaria and other Black Sea coastal nations.
But no details are shown. Maybe it's up to our fantasy and knowledge about ED, what is to be discovered or dug up by a research/excavation.
Ancient artifacts - there are a lot of them waiting to be found. One we expect to recover next time. Hints to it  are tracing back to the early 1980s, even Dark Angel shows some evidence for its existing, mostly not knowing it...

In the real world, there are a lot of famous and interesting prehistoric sites in this regions, from ice age to the middle ages; like Çatal Hüyük (Turkey), Eski-Kermen and Mangup Kale (Crimea), Kaali Crater (Estonia - we have already explored it and even found a few nuggets of orichalcum!), etc.
There is no rest for the wicked ones
- dear God what is this evil that we must have done?