NEWS

SR6 Elemental Attacks

• 4 Replies

markelphoenix

• Omae
« on: <08-03-20/0023:18> »
Under Critter Powers, do Elemental Attacks scale with net hits, or is a flat DV? RAW reads that it is (Magic) P DV.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-03-20/0926:38> »
DV scaling with net hits is implied by saying the critter power is resolved by "making a ranged attack".
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <08-08-20/1327:04> »
I really wish it was Magic/2 for their damage so it would match up with a mages indirect spell damage. The rules would feel more consistent and spirits would be a bit less broken.

markelphoenix

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <08-08-20/1340:17> »
I really wish it was Magic/2 for their damage so it would match up with a mages indirect spell damage. The rules would feel more consistent and spirits would be a bit less broken.

At least it's single target and not AOE. Could you imagine a f7 spirit throwing base 7 dv aoe elemental attacks?

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <08-08-20/1614:08> »

At least it's single target and not AOE. Could you imagine a f7 spirit throwing base 7 dv aoe elemental attacks?

Wait for great forms. :)  Its probably better than 5e and the forcex2 damage, hard to gauge with how different soak is.  But it wasn't that hard to summon a force 8 spirit knocking out 16 base damage attacks in 5e. You didn't even have to build for it.  in 6e for example my sample mage I made rolls 11 dice to summon so probably will stick to force 4s unless they use edge.  A little in though it probably wont be that hard to get force 6-8s off if the karma is spend towards summoning. Though its not hard to min max towards summoning etc out of the gate either. I personally just am not a fan of focuses. old school me liked grounding as a check on them. It had its flaws but the spirit of it was sound. But I don't think a mage should have any permanent buffs, that's the adepts and street sams gimmick.