NEWS

Affecting Spirits

• 15 Replies

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #15 on: <03-23-20/1937:38> »
Short answer: No. Spirits are broken, and there is no conventional weapon option that works well on them other than foci.

Long answer: Explosives. They are even more broken, and will automatically kill just just about any non-ludicrous force, non-dragon entity if your dice pool allows reliable placement. The question is just how many do you need. If after looking up why I say this you have any confusion let me know and I will walk you through it.
Spirits are why "Geek The Mage First" is the first rule of combat in Shadowrun.  Yeah, you got such epic power at your fingertips, you're also target number one for the Ork Merc with the LMG or the Troll Gunbunny with the Assault Cannon.

Explosives are broken IRL.  Physics is nasty business, and Sir Isaac Newton is still the deadliest son of a slitch in space.

Screw the spirits, Geek the mage.

And Canray is very much right. And if you really want to argue the explosives bit... Well, i have 52 medical files that I been looking over since Oct, 2019 that would drive home just how deadly explosions can be.. (case in point... COD: Toothpick. Location. Spinal Column, V1-V2)

The wonderful reading you get to do as a HSO on a Mining site.. 
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.