NEWS

mystic adept "Dark Magical Girl"

• 2 Replies

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« on: <02-18-11/1410:14> »
i'm really bad about using web comic characters for my NPC's and figured i would see what i could do making one as a character build, yall check it out and see if you can identify the character and the comic

Human Mystic adept (400bp)
Body      3
Agility      4
Reaction   4
Strength   4
Charisma   4
Intuition   3
Logic      3
Willpower   3
Edge      2
Magic      5
Skills   (Active)
Close Combat
CCSG: blades   4
CCSG: clubs   4
CCSG: unarm   4
Etiquette   3
Leadership   3
Con      3
Spellcasting   4
Perception   4
Dodge      4
Gymnastics   4
Skills (Knowledge)
Web comics   3
Gang ID   5
Cult psych   5
Magic theory   5
Language
Japanese   N
English   2
Adept Powers
Astral percept   
Nimble fingers
Killing hands
   (Strikes)
Inertia   
Critical    4
Penetrate    3   
Counter   2

Spells
Shatter
Increase reflex
Mana bolt
Stun bolt
Heal
Contacts
Fixer (piro) 1/1
Gear
Middle lifestyle-1month
Survival knife
Extendable baton
Stun baton
Armor clothing
Leather jacket
Commlink- Hermes Ikon w/Mangadyne Diva OS
R4    Si3   F2   Sy3
+AR gloves
+Sim rig (modified hot sim)
+Sub vocal mic
+Micro transceiver
+R4 Fake SIN
+R4 Fake License (stun baton)
Glasses
   +Image link
   +lowlight
   +Thermal
2070 Dodge scoot (used)
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

Glyph

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <02-19-11/1939:10> »
Sorry to break the news, since this will call for a major revision of the character.  Mystic adepts have to split their Magic Attribute between mage abilities and adept abilities.  You can't spend all 5 points on adept powers, and still have the spellcasting skill or know spells.

Overall, a wide spread of abilities, but with dice pools that might be too low (generally the 7-9 range) to be effective in a lot of campaigns, or against enemies more powerful than simple security guards.  It is a good approximation of the character, but you have to ask yourself, what would this character from a webcomic do as part of a team of hardened professional criminals?

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #2 on: <02-20-11/0039:41> »
A) I'm with Glyph. Mystic Adepts and that Split Magic rating makes it very hard to cast the spells you've got listed with any efficiency.

B) I also can't see what this PC is great at. Sure, she's got a few Dice pools in the 8 range, but these skills are all spread too thin...
- She has a scooter she can't drive (no skill)
- Both Dodge skill and Gymnastics (which causes an unnecessary overlap)
- No focus to sustain the Increased Reflexes spell (and with dice pools reduced to 6+2 edge, I don't see sustaining the spell as an option)
- No damage reduction to counter the drain she is GOING to cop from casting those spells
- Killing hands and associated Adept powers, but also the rest of the Close Combat Skill group? Oh hell no!
- Spells she can't really cast, but also Zero firearms skills. At range, there's very little this girl can do to anything...
- She has Astral perception, but no Assensing skill, so she can't actually recognise any of the auras/spirits she can see on the astral

C) A beginning character has real issues being spread so thin. At 400BP, a choice has to be made vs Short term capability, and long term potential.
- Skill groups such as CSSG are great if you intend to be a Man-at-arms in the long run. However, in focusing with Unarmed magic powers, one of these power resources (Skill points or Magic points) is being wasted.... I'd recommend either:
 --- Dropping the Magic Killing hands powers into other abilities (Increased reflexes? Combat Sense?) or
 --- Dropping the rest of the CSSG and just going Unarmed combat all the way.

D) get an attribute to 5, or even 6. Any attribute you want your PC to be famous (/infamous) for. I'd recommend Agility for both Unarmed and Gymnastics options....

E) I can't actually identify the character, as I can't see what makes her stand out, except she's fluent in Japanese and has a few occult/geeky knowledge skills.

Sorry dude, I don't know where you're going with this build...  ???
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law