NEWS

PC's famous Last words...

• 37 Replies

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #15 on: <10-03-10/2124:34> »
wasn't mine, wasn't shadowrun

"Whats the worst that could happen?" as the dwarf cleric kicks the door open.
(Several crossbow bolts and a fireball trap goes off)
"Thats what" Dwarf collapses

Moral: Always let those who can search for traps!
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

Welshman

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <10-03-10/2217:06> »
Moral: Always let those who can search for traps!

Absolutely!

Fighter "Hmm, might be a trap," he says as he looks at the door twenty feet away.

Thief "Yeah well there could be a trap. With this tunnel it could be almost anything, heck the ceiling could fall in when you just touch the door."

Fighter proceeds to pick up the thief and throw him at the door.

The Welshman
Catalyst Freelancer

Inverse

• Newb
  • Fireball!
« Reply #17 on: <10-04-10/0200:16> »
For once, I'm GMing, and I'm using my mage as the Johnson. One of the PC decides he wants to start hitting on said mage. Said mage has a hair trigger temper, and is starting to get annoyed. I tell him to roll a perception test on how well he notices her increasing level of rage. All ones.  ;D

"So, you wanna see my magic wand?"

the resulting inferno was hilarious.
Oh, source of all power, light which burns beyond crimson, let thy power gather in my hand.

Chaotic Insane

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <10-05-10/1438:35> »
^ that, that sounds like the kind of innuendo that goes on at our table. XD
"People say I hate the living. It's not true. I just happen to see the potential inside all people; those great things anyone can do if they aren't trapped in their own consciousness and morals. And when I unlock that potential, death is the side-effect. I can't help that." - Dr. McMourning

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #19 on: <10-05-10/1516:05> »
^ that, that sounds like the kind of innuendo that goes on at our table. XD
I have no idea what you're talking about?
“Here, your friend wants to give you some head.” Usda roared as the severed head bounced of the ganger's chest.
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Jeeves

• Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <10-28-10/1304:01> »
"Everyone get behind me!" troll with 20 armor, tanked 40 (combined) damage, killed by a street thug with a taser.

"Cut the blue wire!" man strapped to a bomb, speaking to nervous, color-blind dwarf.

"Not so tough now, are ya?" ork adept, after finding the dead body of his bitter rival. Shortly cut down by gaurdian spirits.

"No hard feelings?" elf face when dealing with enraged ork sammie

"I'm gonna punt the harumen!" player shortly before being murdered senseless by a small harumen

"I demand you bring me that which man was not meant to have!" shaman commanding spirit, who brings him bacon, not the artifact he needed to defend himself from a small paramilitary group.

"My advice, shoot first, shoot last, shoot most, reload and shoot again and THEN you THINK about asking questions." gunslinger before being mauled by an animal that only got mad when he shot it,

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #21 on: <10-28-10/1432:13> »
"I've finished translating the tablet and all it says over and over again is 'Hastur, Hastur, Hastur'"
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #22 on: <10-28-10/1450:35> »
"I've finished translating the tablet and all it says over and over again is 'Hastur, Hastur, Hastur'"
Oh Crap Ina Hat!
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #23 on: <10-28-10/1746:00> »
In a group of 2 elves, a human, a troll and an ork. The elves (a face and a high chr mage) convince the rest of the party to do....a bad plan.

"It's an elven plan. It can't fail."

Next session was spent making new characters. The quote has since become a catch phrase in my groups.
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #24 on: <10-28-10/2006:23> »
Star Wars RPG (WEG)

Mon Calamari to the rest of the smuggler group he was with in the bar as they face a platoon of Storm Troopers.  "My look at all the pretty white armor!"

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
  • Zophiel by name. Nomad by profession.
« Reply #25 on: <10-29-10/0034:05> »
We used to have a saying in Vampire LARPS:

If you're going to take someone out, his last words should be "huh, what the. . ."

Same thing for Runners, really.

Another one:

Other PC: Don't go to the meet, its a trap!
Soon to be dead PC: I know its a trap. I've made it out of all the other ones, haven't I?

Or how about one that happened twice with the same player:
GM: OK, when [lots of obvious Bad Thing effects] start happening, who is not running away?
Soon the be dead PC: *raises hand*

The first time the Bad Thing effects included a 60' serpent breaking out of the ground in a minor earthquake while everything collapsed around the charaters.
The second was in a Vampire/Werewolf LARP where the Big Bad (Nexus Crawler) opened the fight by bringing out the sun and turning the floor into silver blades.

larskrygan

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <11-02-10/0607:41> »
first game of shadowrun(  second edition  at the time ), the group was composed of: one elf shaman bandit, one troll thug, and one human adept.

the troll  glitches on his roll to find an armorer, being illiterate, he enters the premises and ask the kind lady at the desk " where can i buy gun and ammo ? " the lady freaks out and get out of the room, noticing something strange about the place , our dear troll looks at the posters hanging on the walls and with difficulty managed to read : jo...in de ... human..is poly... ho shit !!!! he runned like hell  ;D
"stop bugging me or I will bug you"
insect spirits are the GM's friends

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #27 on: <11-02-10/0841:17> »
Not sure if it counts, Lars, since the troll got away. ;)

Ed

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <11-02-10/1107:16> »
How about:

'Man, Ghostwalker is pissed.  Let's sneak back to Seattle thru Sioux territory."

Jeeves

• Chummer
« Reply #29 on: <11-02-10/1142:07> »
My favorite of all time:

Player calls out into a dark room: "Marco!"

this has happened several times, but the person who yells marco is never the one who dies. Friend of mine yelled Marco, i got hit in the face by a ganger with a baseball bat. "POLO!"

second time it happened, another player got attacked and torn to shreds by a succubus.