NEWS

custom spells?

• 34 Replies

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #15 on: <12-11-10/1416:25> »
Heh. Good thing i don't have the mental images problem. And by the way, that would be a really good biz in SR. So, you want Nadia, but with a lot of special features, and you're not interested in fakes, or dolls? We have just the thing for you...
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #16 on: <12-11-10/1422:44> »
Nethermancers: The ultimate in creepy fetish smut peddlers.   :D

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <12-12-10/0918:43> »
Such dolls don't have souls, but nothing says you couldn't bind a spirit to the body to get some really hardcore freak on.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #18 on: <12-12-10/1031:05> »
They are sentient, and can use their talents, and abilities. But they cannot be namegivers, so probably yes.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #19 on: <12-13-10/1600:41> »
Nut, you're forgetting that Alter Life lets you modify Namegivers pretty much however you want.  (Acid-spitting spider-orks anyone?)  Create Life makes the soulless automatons.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #20 on: <12-13-10/1830:52> »
But sentient, smart and cunning automatons. Even if they don't have a soul.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #21 on: <12-13-10/1840:29> »
True.  I wonder what would happen if Shatter Pattern or Alter Form was used on them?

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <12-14-10/0600:26> »
They still have a pattern, they just don't have a Namegiver pattern.  So shatter pattern and alter life should still work.

Of course, this starts delving into the question "just what does it take to make a Namegiver?"  The dragons could probably answer that, but they may become upset if one of the smaller races starts producing a few abominations as by-products of their experiments.

Hmmm, I think I just got the plot to another adventure!
There is no overkill.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #23 on: <12-14-10/0859:42> »
Of course, this starts delving into the question "just what does it take to make a Namegiver?"  The dragons could probably answer that, but they may become upset if one of the smaller races starts producing a few abominations as by-products of their experiments.
I can answer that. Two Namegivers*, or a Liferock. :D

But seriously, you could use a Namegiver spirit. One of those who were stranded after death and did not go mad during the Scourge. Like a Ghost Master.

* Off course they have to be from both sexes.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #24 on: <12-14-10/0913:01> »
Nut, in the case of Alter Form, I'm more curious about what the effects of re-Naming would be on an artificial, yet intelligent, lifeform.  I suppose I could just try it on a drake.

Kot, I made a magic item by killing a rival Nethermancer, taking his skull, and binding his own spirit to it.  What can I say?  I'm a bit of a dick.  ;D

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <12-14-10/0924:27> »
I thought that was SOP for Nethermancers.
There is no overkill.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #26 on: <12-14-10/0937:17> »
Hmm.  Good point.  I suppose my Nethermancer isn't the only one that carries around a sack full of skeletons so he always has a convenient means of casting Animate Skeleton either, is he?

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <12-14-10/0945:52> »
Why wouldn't you carry around the bones of your enemies?
There is no overkill.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #28 on: <12-14-10/0947:21> »
Hmm.  Good point.  I suppose my Nethermancer isn't the only one that carries around a sack full of skeletons so he always has a convenient means of casting Animate Skeleton either, is he?
Gross. Use Astral Pocket instead. Or a threaded Bag.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #29 on: <12-14-10/0952:10> »
Why wouldn't you carry around the bones of your enemies?
Laziness?  Loaded up with gold instead?  I'm sure there are other reasons, but they all come from non-Nethermancers.  :D

Gross. Use Astral Pocket instead. Or a threaded Bag.
Pshaw.  Gross is when I reanimate one of the scorchers I killed to find out whether a room has any traps in it.  Or several dozen of them to fill up a pit I need to cross by making a squishy, squishy walkway.