NEWS

Was this just too "mean"?

• 39 Replies

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #15 on: <11-10-10/1830:13> »
That was well handled in my mind. A very creative and different approach than the old somehow one of the dead guys friends/coworkers/barrista magically knows you killed him and is out for revenge plot a lot of gms seem to pull.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #16 on: <11-10-10/1953:47> »
An organ harvested is a life saved.
What do you think they do with fresh corpses at the body shop?

There's a lot of sick people growing up in toxic corridors in the 6th world.

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
  • Zophiel by name. Nomad by profession.
« Reply #17 on: <11-10-10/2041:14> »

So the plan is to kill people until no one needs a transplant? I'm down with that, but you have to take the pregnant wife to the hospital and introduce her to the people her husband "saved".  ;)

Chaemera

• Omae
  • I may be a mouse, but I have a chainsaw.
« Reply #18 on: <11-10-10/2058:07> »
So the plan is to kill people until no one needs a transplant? I'm down with that, but you have to take the pregnant wife to the hospital and introduce her to the people her husband "saved".  ;)

Just make sure "pregnant" isn't code for "massive quantity of C-4 strapped to the belly. I'd consider going there as a GM, I really would. But, probably not.

Nothing says "I forgive you" like blowing up the recovery wing of a hospital.
SR20A Limited Edition # 124
Obsidian Portal Profile: http://www.obsidianportal.com/profile/chaemera

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <11-10-10/2108:54> »
This from a dwarf with rat ears and a chainsaw.  ;D

Coldbringer

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <11-12-10/1034:40> »

The player was only interested in selling the headware in the guys skull, that is all he took in, not enough of a profit margin on a non O blood type corpse.
http://veggeek.wordpress.com
Gaming, pop culture and what not.

Darkeus

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <11-12-10/1121:43> »
Good move.  Hey, they should have consequences for their actions.  Nice GM work there.

I would already be setting up a ex-Marine ambush for their asses.   ;)
I thought what I'd do is; I would pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes.

Chaemera

• Omae
  • I may be a mouse, but I have a chainsaw.
« Reply #22 on: <11-12-10/1225:32> »
The player was only interested in selling the headware in the guys skull, that is all he took in, not enough of a profit margin on a non O blood type corpse.

And that's why everyone needs an organlegger as a contact. . . where there's a corpse, there's a profit.

Somewhere, someone needs a lung, either can't afford legal clinics, or can't afford the attention of legal clinics, and the street Doc don't always got handy type-O's to toss at every patient he sees.
SR20A Limited Edition # 124
Obsidian Portal Profile: http://www.obsidianportal.com/profile/chaemera

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #23 on: <11-30-10/0303:48> »
That was well handled in my mind. A very creative and different approach than the old somehow one of the dead guys friends/coworkers/barrista magically knows you killed him and is out for revenge plot a lot of gms seem to pull.

I've done that before, but it was the former relative who hired the runners who went after the runners.

Still, love the twist. I also like to remind my players who have dependents to be careful every now and again.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <11-30-10/0548:50> »

I've done that before, but it was the former relative who hired the runners who went after the runners.

Still, love the twist. I also like to remind my players who have dependents to be careful every now and again.

If I follow what you're saying, that's brilliant. Al goes with the party on a run. Al dies and gets sold for bits. His brother Bob hires the runners to find Al or, if he's dead, to take out whoever killed him.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #25 on: <11-30-10/0620:52> »
It's not mean. It's life-like. There are always consequences. One of my players started to mess with a few mob legbreakers, when they paid him a visit, to get them 'protection'. Those guys got killed in the end, but it almost cost the life of his female co-worker NPC (whom the other player barely managed to save with First-Aid), and in turn caused some more violence. On other occasion the players didn't really care what happened with another 'background' NPC (and a lover of one fo the PC's), and they had to hit a vampire blood farm (WoD) to get her out, kill one of the bloodsuckers, release some unusual prisoners, and go through the Hedge to get out. It was only sheer luck noone lost a soul there. Especially since the only human prisoners they've released (exept the girl they went in to save) turned on them as soon as they could (releasing them was a bad, bad judgement call). Well, they were lucky. Really lucky. Too lucky. I didn't cheat though, since they were in a place where 'dumb luck' is one of the elemental forces.
So, in my games there are always consequences. And they're always comming back to haunt/reward player's for their actions. It's only fair when there are.
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #26 on: <11-30-10/0636:23> »

If I follow what you're saying, that's brilliant. Al goes with the party on a run. Al dies and gets sold for bits. His brother Bob hires the runners to find Al or, if he's dead, to take out whoever killed him.

In a nutshell yeah.

Pretty much how it went down was: Runner team A got "Stan" killed. Stan's brother "Dan" knew his brother was into some shady stuff and hires a PI to look into it. PI finds Runner Team A. Dan then hires his own runners, Team B to take out Team A. Team B happened to be minor league, and eventually everyone got hosed, but not before geeking one member of Team A with a lucky shot. Team A, wanting to know who was coming after them (thinking it was the Johnson from the run where Stan got geeked), go through a lot of crap, intrigue, etc only to find out it was a middle-class schmoe who drained his savings to get revenge for his brother.
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <12-08-10/1200:07> »
Wait!!....hold up....can someone elaborate to me what that whole "Player Journal" thing is about??  That sounds awesome!

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #28 on: <12-08-10/1212:41> »
You never had a game where a player (or players) kept a journal of their character's exploits?

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <12-08-10/1252:36> »
No, never and i've been role-playing for years...lol.  We would just always remember it....but not write it down.  I like the idea though....can you tell me a little bit more about it?