Catalyst Game Labs > Errata

[SR6] Sixth World Core Book Errata File

<< < (3/22) > >>

Typhus:
So many problems.  I need to stop looking through this book.  There's stuff on almost every page.

Standard Weapon Mounts for Vehicles:
"Vehicles may be equipped with a number of weapon mounts equal to their unaugmented Body /
3." Do we round up or down?

By the way, the Oni appears to violate this rule heavily with a Body 5 and two "standard mounts" (that are not able to hold the same weapons that the "standard mounts" describe).  Also, there's no rule that says I can't slap a suit of armor on my Oni.  While the DR may not matter (can Drones gain Edge if no one is piloting them?), the armor mod might matter.

Also, what's considered a "Heavy Weapon"?  That's not defined in the weapons area.  It's not a classification of weapons any more in the book.  No clear way to tell if I should use 1 or 2 weapon mounts for some weapons. 

I say again, the issues in this book are not fixable as an "errata" level undertaking.  The quantity alone is proof of that.  This needs to be yanked back, reworked and republished.  Selling more copies in this state just deepens the damage already done.

Everything has a price, and that is the price of rushing things to this degree. 

Shadowrun deserves better.

Xenon:
Spell resistance adept power cost 0.5 PP per level

The "per level"-part should probably be removed (as I doubt we are supposed to get two edge when targeted by spells if we have two ranks of Spell Resistance)

Jayde Moon:
Pixel has linked the Hot Fix Errata as the opening post.  It's helpful if you're checking there before posting here.  For example:

--- Quote from: Xenon on ---Spell resistance adept power cost 0.5 PP per level

The "per level"-part should probably be removed (as I doubt we are supposed to get two edge when targeted by spells if we have two ranks of Spell Resistance)

--- End quote ---

This is already corrected on the linked errata.

Some of the questions posited here are less 'Errata' and either suitable for a sort of FAQ (if the question continues to come up) or not an issue at all.

Typhus brings up several items, most of which may require at least a response.  But in some cases, there simply isn't an issue, for example:

Ratingx1d6 is pretty clear that you roll 1d6 and multiply it by the rating and I fail to see how it could be read as roll 1d6 [Rating] times and tally the result.

Just a heads up that besides errata and fixes to the text that will make it into future print runs, we are also developing an FAQ to cover questions that might not be clear for some folks, especially those coming from previous editions where it worked differently than it does now.

KatoHearts:
Mnemonic enhancer adds its rating to your knowledge skills, too bad you don't roll those. Between this, Transcend Grid, Limit boosters in SR6 No Future, I'm not sure CGL knows what they added to or took out of this edition.

Jayde Moon:

--- Quote from: KatoHearts on ---Mnemonic enhancer adds its rating to your knowledge skills, too bad you don't roll those. Between this, Transcend Grid, Limit boosters in SR6 No Future, I'm not sure CGL knows what they added to or took out of this edition.

--- End quote ---

Heh, so... Knowledge Skills now apply a benefit to Active Skill rolls... take that how you will for now... it will be addressed later.

Copypasta was definitely problematic in this run.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version