NEWS

Delux 6th World Core Book

• 9 Replies

TheWizurd

• Newb
« on: <06-16-19/1535:32> »
Got my greed little hands on the box set at Origins. I also picked up a t-shirt, despite the fact I believe it looks like I will be advertising a seedy strip club. My next purchase will be the core book. Do we know what we will get for the two upgraded versions of the core book?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <06-16-19/1547:07> »
Alas haven't heard yet. Limited Editions in fifth edition tended to be " cased in a red (faux) leather binding, with a debossed image and gold foil title " so that may be an indication here but in the end I'm just throwing out theories.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

TheWizurd

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <06-16-19/1816:03> »
Apparently this time around there will be a limited edition and an executive edition. I would drop the 100 for a leather bound version, but executive will probably be out of my price range.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <06-16-19/2155:12> »
I would love to see them stretch the norms and try to incorporate something like they’re doing with the No Future book. Not sure how you’d do that with an LE book, but I’d like to see them go in a different direction with the LE books this time around.

DarkLloyd

• Ace Runner
  • Stupidity this Good takes TEAMWORK.
« Reply #4 on: <06-20-19/1508:45> »
I wholeheartedly agree with AJ, there needs to be an "AR" overlay slipcover on the Special ED.
Runing the shadows since '90
If you can't Dazzle them with STYLE, Riddle them with BULLETS.
"Sometimes we do the right thing.  Sometimes we shoot people in the face for money."-CanRay
"Sometimes those are the same thing."-Mirikon

Missions Characters:
ChromeMonger - Sam
Blanco Diablo - Adept

Singularity

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <06-21-19/0532:34> »
I would love to see them stretch the norms and try to incorporate something like they’re doing with the No Future book. Not sure how you’d do that with an LE book, but I’d like to see them go in a different direction with the LE books this time around.

You mean with the grittier normal cover, and the bright, shiny slip cover overlay? That would be neat!

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <06-21-19/1813:37> »
Yes...something like that. Would also be neat if they included an actual AR overlay...that one could see with phone/tablet/glass, but that would be pretty tricky and expensive to implement.

Looking forward to seeing what they’ve come up with. ;D

Oddyseus

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <07-09-19/2301:33> »
Any news on the difference between the Deluxe and Exec versions of the CR? Or where the Exec versions will be offered? Online store only or LGS?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #8 on: <07-10-19/0024:18> »
I know my FLGS can order it but I really need to know first if it's worth it to me.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Spectre

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <07-10-19/1319:12> »
Alas haven't heard yet. Limited Editions in fifth edition tended to be " cased in a red (faux) leather binding, with a debossed image and gold foil title " so that may be an indication here but in the end I'm just throwing out theories.

All the descriptions of the limited edition call it a "carbon fiber" edition. Hopefully they are considering a true slick carbon fiber book cover debossed with the SR logo instead of the leather. I'm tired of the faux leather, and carbon fiber is more thematic.