NEWS

Running the SRM03 campaign with only 2 players

• 4 Replies

golan2072

• Newb
  • Dwarf Tech-Wiz
« on: <05-21-12/0746:42> »
Greetings,

I'm a GM about to run the SRM03 (Manhattan) campaign; I have two players - one playing a Shaman-Face and one playing a Combat Hacker. Would such a small group suffice for these adventures, or should I add an NPC or two (which I prefer not to)?

Thanks in advance,
Omer

Dr. Meatgrinder

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT Field Agent (#483)
« Reply #1 on: <05-21-12/0931:30> »
Season 3 still has the Table Rating system, I think, so you can scale the challenge level that way.  4-6 runners would be optimal (per design, IIRC), but I think it's workable with the two you have, since it looks like they're trying to fill the major roles.  As long as they don't go looking for extra trouble, that is.

If you start running them through Season 4 or the CMPs (when they become available), they'll start needing extra help.
Guiding principle for game balance:  Players avoid underpowered stuff and flock to overpowered stuff.
Missions Freelancer (SRM 04-10 Romero & Juliette, SRM 05-01 Chasin' the Wind, SRM 06-06 Falling Angels, PM-02 A Holy Piece of Wetwork)

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #2 on: <05-21-12/1820:37> »
Also keep in mind, GMs are encouraged to adjust the game a little to their players.  Table ratings worked for some things, but not for others, and sometimes not all that well. 

You'll likely need to adjust the number of enemies and the types of opposition.  Don't be afraid to do this!  maintain the challenge of the adventure, but be sure to tailor things to suit your group. 

Bull

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #3 on: <05-21-12/1953:09> »
Add more violence until PCs are dead, gotcha.  ;D
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

KnightAries

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <08-17-12/0258:16> »
Add more violence until PCs are dead, gotcha.  ;D

Dead isn't fun.... But excessive, heavy torture that would leave even the most battle-hardened soldier wanting to leave the shadows.
That spells a good game..  >:)
Ramirez: Most people have a full measure of life... and most people just watch it slowly drip away. But if you can summon it all up... at one time... in one place... you can accomplish something... glorious.