NEWS

Promoting Shadowrun

• 7 Replies

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« on: <03-07-17/1549:54> »
I wish Shadowrun had some central up to date source.  Some way to promote and inform myself and those who might not be the type to scour internet's daily for SR info.

I routinely see releases on DTRPG sometimes a day or more before being officially announced.
Sometimes things that I had no idea were coming. I have friends and players who have missed releases entirely.

I'm not targeting this rant at anyone, I understand how things are behind scenes and I'm only concerned because I have deep love for this game that I've been lucky enough to be part of since its start.

I can't help but think it would be good for the brand and great for the business if there was a focal point for news and info about releases.  (ie a regularly updated homepage)

What can I do as a fan to help?  I happily trumpet news via social media when I catch something.
« Last Edit: <03-07-17/1552:05> by Prime Mover »
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <03-07-17/1656:24> »
A movie, and I'm not kidding.

Write a good script, and pitch it to the various major producers until it gets greenlit. Advertise, advertise, ADVERTISE! Make sure people want to see it, even if they've never even heard of Shadowrun.

Make sure the movie is done well, and people will want to know more about Shadowrun, especially younger folks.
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

Trillinon

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <03-07-17/1844:38> »
While the Shadowrun website does need a lot of work, they do tend update the news section when new products hit PDF. It's been silent for about three months now, but as far as I can tell, there hasn't been any news except for one blurb on their Instagram related to the Tarot book.

Catalyst is quite active on social media, though. Seems they're mostly focused on Battletech at the moment.

What I would like to see (besides all the website's sections brought up to date) is a ongoing status widget that shows all the announced products and their current state (in development, in editing, at the printers, warehouse, etc.). And I'd really like to get estimated street dates when the books hit the printers.

&#24525;

« Reply #3 on: <03-07-17/1900:22> »
they're mostly focused on Battletech at the moment.
Fixed.

JeremiahRiggs

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <03-08-17/0607:02> »
I think they should fix all the errata and incomprehensibility before they worry about promoting it.

If they made the authors and editors have to verify their content half as much as we have to verify to post a comment, there wouldn't be any errata.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #6 on: <03-11-17/1855:41> »
Good luck with THAT JR.

Even professionally made, legally binding documents and books (like the American Electrical Code, the European Electrical Code, the Canadian Electrical Code, the American Mining Code, European Mining Act, Canadian Mining Act)
ALL have errors and require errata for.

And these are 'books' that I have to buy every 3 years at a cost of $200 USD each!
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <03-20-17/1752:54> »
Cards Against Metahumanity

NERPs keychains

3D printed minis

Drink coozies (Hurlg, FizzyFluid, etc...)
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.