NEWS

Missions and Cons...Probably stupid questions, but...

• 17 Replies

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
  • The Dragon Never Sleeps
« Reply #15 on: <05-22-12/1027:45> »
Everyone gets to do something. :)

First of all, karma doesn't necessarily make that much difference in the power level to begin with. Initial build can be a bigger influence. However the most important element is typically being smart rather than relying on huge dice pools.

As a GM my job is to present every player with an opportunity.

As a player it's your job to choose wisely.

Tsuzua

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <05-22-12/1110:46> »
Generally everyone can find something to do in a Missions game.  In most cases, there's always a place for an extra pair of hands somewhere.  Even then, planning is a big deal and that usually doesn't require too many rolls.

Tenh

« Reply #17 on: <05-29-12/1950:00> »
I also think that many SRM players and not just GMs at conventions (in my experience anyway) take into account that everyone at the table is probably at a different experience and power level...

That's obviously not a 100% true statement, as I have run into the other way as well, but in general it seems to be true.

I personally have a character with a high amount of Karma that will have to retire at the end of this season, but I second what was said before - initial build makes a big difference; despite having high karma, he is NOT a min-maxed character.  In fact, in the last mission I played last year I got one shotted (not dead-dead, but out)!  It was the newer characters with very little karma that actually saved the day and were probably better constructed!