NEWS

Couriers

• 43 Replies

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #30 on: <05-05-13/1433:14> »
Yeah, I'm continually impressed by how cheap sensors are in SR. Every time someone says, "Oh yeah btw these cost like a weeks allowance money." it throws me for a loop.

I'll probably get a geiger watch with a barometer (Which are surprisingly expensive, but an atmosphere sensor that I would assume uses barometric, is cheaper?) after reading through all this.

I would assume that the badge just gets darker as it's exposed, but it might use some sort of scintillating chemical reaction and a variety of filters to turn different iridescent colours depending on the type of radiation.
« Last Edit: <05-05-13/1434:55> by Aryeonos »
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #31 on: <05-05-13/1651:04> »
The way they work is that the more radiation hitting the badge, the more it darkens. If the film is fully exposed, you have problems.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #32 on: <05-05-13/1718:38> »
Yeah, I figured that, but I noticed it said change colour, instead of darken. So I'm guessing it's a series of layered filters that can also indicate different types of ionizing radiation.

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #33 on: <05-05-13/2000:40> »

"Please...not green."

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #34 on: <05-05-13/2046:19> »
Nope, just green purple, good luck noticing that when it hits.

mtfeeney = Baron

• Ace Runner
  • I love crunchy numbers
« Reply #35 on: <05-05-13/2340:56> »
I'll probably get a geiger watch with a barometer
Whaaaat?  That sounds awesome, where can I get a watch with sensor functionality?  The only watch I see on chummer is a Timex, but it won't let me add stuff to it.
Remember, you don't have to kill the vehicle to stop it, just kill the guy driving it.

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #36 on: <05-06-13/1950:58> »
Just get a small sensor and call it a watch, I don't recall but I think there are also ways of putting sensors in guns and commlinks too.

A Handheld/minidrone package should suffice.

Neurosis

• Chummer
  • ain't no rest for the wicked
« Reply #37 on: <05-07-13/1945:51> »
One of the Denver Missions was literally a courier run. Take a treaty between the Koshari and the Mafia from A to B as quick as possible. Meanwhile, it is rush hour, and the Yaks (and others) are looking to stop you.

That mission is how I started my very first 4E campaign, many a year ago. (Ok, like...four.)
~"Pirates and bankrobbers, not lawyers and CEOs
Stockbrokers ain't no heroes!"~

Devon Oratz//CGL Freelancer
My Blog: tarotAmerican
My RPGs: endTransmission.

AndyNakamura

• Chummer
  • Memetic Warfare Agent
« Reply #38 on: <05-09-13/1740:32> »
Here's a good source for courier gobs: the Exchange. Drop off seemingly random items at random locations, so it fast.
"If you are expecting a rousing speech, or a cunning plan that will get us out of this, I will have to disappoint you. I don't have any. We either do this, or we die. And the world dies with us."
"I paid quite a lot to get all of you here. I expect you to give me my money's worth. Shogun out."

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #39 on: <05-09-13/2222:58> »
I am a fan of the Exchange.  It's got such a neat flavor to it.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Warmachinez

• Chummer
« Reply #40 on: <05-09-13/2258:27> »
The exange... No ideawhat you are talking about...  ???
Chaos? Lack of protection? Enemies lurking in the shadows? Sounds
to me like the fun’s just beginning. Sorry you’ll miss it, omae.
> Kane

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #41 on: <05-10-13/0017:05> »
Quote from: Seattle 2072, page 191
The Exchange is an anonymous “favor bank” based around a viral software package. It downloads onto a commlink and, once installed, flashes the icon of a red “X” on the display, with accompanying text explaining the owner of the commlink has been added to “the Exchange.” The software links with various anonymous nodes to send and receive information, and periodically submits requests via the commlink, promising a suitable “karmic reward.” The requests can range from exceedingly simple—taking and unloading a picture at a predetermined place and time or accessing an LTG number and then hanging up in five seconds—to the more complex, such as picking up and delivering a mysterious package across town. Rewards always arrive anonymously as well, and often tailored to the user’s particular needs, implying a sophisticated understanding of the users. They include information, equipment, and favors from other members of the Exchange or their associates. The Exchange has never requested currency as a favor, nor provided it as a reward.

The Exchange is in at least its second incarnation. The first involved specially-programmed commlinks delivered anonymously to new members, containing the hardware and software necessary for the Exchange program. These commlinks (and the encrypted nodes associated with them) stopped appearing after the Crash 2.0, and the viral program appeared a few years later.

No one has publicly revealed the organizers of the Exchange, or the purpose behind the program. Speculation ranges from anonymous groups of hackers or technomancers to corporate- or government-run research or marketing programs or an artificial intelligence.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Warmachinez

• Chummer
« Reply #42 on: <05-10-13/1516:10> »
Thanks for information, cool group!
Chaos? Lack of protection? Enemies lurking in the shadows? Sounds
to me like the fun’s just beginning. Sorry you’ll miss it, omae.
> Kane

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #43 on: <05-16-13/1818:09> »
Obviously it is the one living free spirit AI.