NEWS

Echo Chernik SR Art

• 16 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« on: <05-02-16/2136:45> »
For any fans interested, Echo is currently gauging interest in a print run of 60 4x6 cards for ~$50:

If interested, you can find more info on FB

freddieflatline

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #1 on: <05-09-16/1513:12> »
I would buy them.  Or an art book.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <05-11-16/0719:32> »
I'm pretty sure that most of these will find their way into the SR Tarot Deck.

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <05-11-16/2023:01> »
I'm all in but I don't FB

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <05-12-16/0732:13> »
Well, they didn't get a big enough response on FB to go ahead with printing. However, Echo posted yesterday that they may still try and do, budget permitting. If they do become available, I'll let people know. For those of you "averse" to FB, assuming we could sort out the details, I could place a "volume" order and then ship out when they arrive.

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <05-16-16/0156:31> »
Would be totally in - love her work!

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <07-13-16/2355:38> »
I just got my set -- they are indeed incredible!  8)

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <07-14-16/0039:49> »
I got mine two days ago, and I'm quite pleased with it too.
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <07-14-16/2310:03> »
Reading through some info on it, sounds like the cards have many different layers and secrets built into them both for individual cards and sets of cards. Will be interesting to see the whole picture someday!

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <07-15-16/0730:51> »
Mine came in earlier this week...awesome ;D

If i understand things correctly, the intention is to develop some pretty extensive game tie-ins around this...a new sourcebook, Court of Shadows, etc. However, as noted, we'll have to wait and see how it all unfolds.

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <07-15-16/2215:54> »
I saw some of those posts, looks very cool. Though it also implied what is selling now is not the official Catalyst Labs SR Tarot set? Has the official set not released yet and these are just from Echo has 'prints' in card form?

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <07-16-16/2002:51> »
I saw some of those posts, looks very cool. Though it also implied what is selling now is not the official Catalyst Labs SR Tarot set? Has the official set not released yet and these are just from Echo has 'prints' in card form?

Correct, these aren't the full relase for the SR Tarot from Catalyst. Most Tarot sets come with a small book explaining the meanings of the cards, this did not. Also, these cards are full art, with just a small bit of text with the name of the card at the bottom. The final release of the tarot is going to have a bit more framing at the bottoms of the cards instead of just a small bit of text.

So these are just as advertised, special edition prints of the art for the tarot deck.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <07-17-16/1058:55> »
Kiirnodel summed it up very nicely ;)

No formal info re release dates, though I have seen several mentions of trying to have early copies at GenCon. Personally, I'd like to see this go yo KS with some premium deck options. But, of course, I have a penchant of tossing money at anything SR related...sigh... ::)

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <07-18-16/0103:43> »
@Kiirnodel @AJCarrington

Thanks for the info and confirm - now I'll have to get *another* set of tarot cards. The horror!  ::)

But, of course, I have a penchant of tossing money at anything SR related...sigh... ::)

Yeah <sigh too> I tend towards the completionist when it comes to shadowrun stuff - I even got the Hong Kong Courier bag from the Shadowrun: Hong Kong KS. Granted it's pretty sweet... 8)

I figure supporting the SR franchise will help to bring out more and better product.  Or at least that's what I tell myself. :)

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <08-10-16/1532:40> »
As a Vala, I'd use this tarot deck on a fairly regular basis.

...I really need to start charging for my services. *sigh*
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.