NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

Atlessa

• Newb
« Reply #390 on: <01-21-16/0930:09> »

- Picking up Cyber- and/or Bioware with an awakened character (i.e. with a MAG rating), the MAG value is not decreased (the maximum value is, but not the actual MAG rating).

Chummer assumes the MAG value set on the Attributes tab is the final Value you want, and 'increases' it (with Karma, iirc) when you spend essence.
As long as that is happening, this is working as intended. (If not, then therein lies the bug. ;) )

anchoress

• Chummer
« Reply #391 on: <01-21-16/1307:54> »
If you leave it at 0 ranks it will say it is N, which means native.

In karmagen, if i buy a knowledge skill, it has a value of 1 and i am not able to decrease it  :-\
I remember the situation you described there and it was definitely possible in Chummer in a previous edition, but not anymore sadly (at least not in karmagen).

Chummer assumes the MAG value set on the Attributes tab is the final Value you want, and 'increases' it (with Karma, iirc) when you spend essence.
As long as that is happening, this is working as intended. (If not, then therein lies the bug. ;) )

So, if i understand you right: If i have an adept with cyberware between 0,01 and 1 essence cost, i should buy MAG up to a rating of 5 and chummer will substract the karma it would need to pay for MAG 6?
In this case, Chummer is wrong. I just created an adept with a MAG rating of 5 and picked up cyberware with an essence cost of 0,2. I lost 10 karma points making this move. It should have been 30.
The same happens if you buy a MAG rating of 2 and buy the same cyberware. It costs you 10 karma points again, which cannot be right (should be 15).

Hope this will help!

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #392 on: <01-21-16/1646:56> »
5.178 had a calculation bug for priority and sum to ten with special attributes that's been fixed in the most recent build, that should fix your issue. I noticed the language skill issue the other day, will have it fixed soonish.

anchoress

• Chummer
« Reply #393 on: <01-21-16/1805:28> »
Sounds awesome :)

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #394 on: <01-21-16/2214:54> »
I don't know if this is a bug or I'm maybe doing something wrong. 669 nightly, SumToTen, Human adept choosing Nosferatu.
1. I end up with both the Adept and Mystic Adept properties, charged 38 karma for the Nosferatu (Adept) quality (which is correct) AND charged 35 karma for the Mystic Adept quality (not correct, should be included in Nosferatu cost).
2. Also, I cannot select any spells since Chummer still seems to think I am just an Adept.
3. Lastly, my max attribute values don't change - all attributes are still 1/6 for minimum and maximum. Should be 1/7 for Physical attributes and 1/8 for mental.

I tried saving, exiting Chummer and the restarting ad loading the character to see if it would maybe "unstick" the changes, but no love.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Atlessa

• Newb
« Reply #395 on: <01-24-16/1044:39> »
5.178 had a calculation bug for priority and sum to ten with special attributes that's been fixed in the most recent build, that should fix your issue. I noticed the language skill issue the other day, will have it fixed soonish.

The link in your sig only points to 5.178.  If that was just a typo on your part, then all is fine, but otherwise: Where do I get the most recent build? (maybe put a Link in your sig, too? :) )

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #396 on: <01-24-16/1057:34> »
Oh right, I knew I left that up somewhere. Okay, so the nightlies are whatever the most recent build is that compiles. Those just pop up on https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases a couple of minutes after I push a commit to github. Release builds are intentionally a decent length behind the nightlies, because I don't do testing properly.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #397 on: <01-24-16/1756:22> »
Adding to my post above:
4. I'm pretty sure that the points added to your attributes when taking an Infected type are not augments, but actual points added to the base, and thus do not count against the +4 max augmented bonus. I could be wrong, but from all I can read, this appears to be the way it's supposed to work.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #398 on: <01-25-16/1051:03> »
Yeah, I've had a think about how to handle Infected; Chummer's really not built to support doing them as qualities, so they're being rebuilt as metavariants. Not a big deal, just a bunch of tedious data entry.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #399 on: <01-26-16/1859:17> »
..how do you set the print preferences to only print skills with ratings of 1 or higher.? I keep having it print all skills which really wastes a lot of space.

I have "Print all active skill with a total score higher than 0" checked,  but in the print preview and final printing all the skills still appear.
« Last Edit: <01-26-16/1905:17> by kyoto kid »
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #400 on: <01-26-16/2216:36> »
Can't do it currently; the sheets have no direct connection to Chummer itself, they're essentially just a formatting tool for the .chum5 files. Would have to make a custom sheet for it, I think.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #401 on: <01-27-16/0419:08> »
...it was actually working correctly when I printed from another system using the same printer. Don't know why it should have changed as both systems use the same printer drivers and they are configured the exactly same as well. One system is Win 10 the new one, Win 7 but don't think that should have any bearing unless something in the programme allows it to work properly in 10 but not 7.

If I had access to a scanner I would send a scan file that shows it was working (versions: 0.176, 0.177, and 0.178)

I do remember that Chummer5 suddenly stopped working with XP (I believe ver 0.172)
« Last Edit: <01-27-16/0426:22> by kyoto kid »

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #402 on: <01-27-16/1139:57> »
...it was actually working correctly when I printed from another system using the same printer. Don't know why it should have changed as both systems use the same printer drivers and they are configured the exactly same as well. One system is Win 10 the new one, Win 7 but don't think that should have any bearing unless something in the programme allows it to work properly in 10 but not 7.

If I had access to a scanner I would send a scan file that shows it was working (versions: 0.176, 0.177, and 0.178)

I do remember that Chummer5 suddenly stopped working with XP (I believe ver 0.172)

I would recommend checking the XLS files in the sheets directory.  I don't think what you are describing would have anything to do with print drivers you are using.  It may have something to do with what web browser you are using and what version.  Most likely, though, the issue is in either the Shadowrun 5 (Grouped Skills by Rating).xsl or the Shadowrun 5 (Grouped Skills by Name).xsl or both.  I believe that is where the what skills are supposed to be included.  The files I'm referencing are from version 178 so I'm not sure if they would still have the same name under an older version.

EDIT:  Actually it could be almost any of the XLS files depending on what format option you selected in the drop down in the print preview. 
« Last Edit: <01-27-16/1142:52> by jim1701 »

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #403 on: <01-27-16/1148:48> »
Ok, did a test and what you are looking for is a line like the following in the XLS file that corresponds to the print layout you choose from the drop down on the print preview screen. 

Code: [Select]
<xsl:variable name="items" select="skills/skill[knowledge = 'False' and (rating &gt; 0 or total &gt; 0)]"/>
change the or to and

Code: [Select]
<xsl:variable name="items" select="skills/skill[knowledge = 'False' and (rating &gt; 0 and total &gt; 0)]"/>
and you should be in business.  There should be at least two places in the file where you will need to change this value. 

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #404 on: <01-28-16/0118:08> »

I would recommend checking the XLS files in the sheets directory.  I don't think what you are describing would have anything to do with print drivers you are using.  It may have something to do with what web browser you are using and what version.  Most likely, though, the issue is in either the Shadowrun 5 (Grouped Skills by Rating).xsl or the Shadowrun 5 (Grouped Skills by Name).xsl or both.  I believe that is where the what skills are supposed to be included.  The files I'm referencing are from version 178 so I'm not sure if they would still have the same name under an older version.

EDIT:  Actually it could be almost any of the XLS files depending on what format option you selected in the drop down in the print preview.
...both systems use FF. so the browser is not the culprit.

I checked the different 5E options in the print preview window and all still show skills that have no rating value assigned.