NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #255 on: <09-21-15/0325:34> »
For negative qualities I couldn't find other Common Allergie levels aside from [Extreme]. Uncommon Allergies were just fine.
When I choose skill groups for a character and break them afterwards, the values are reset to the group value despite keeping the karma expenditure listed in the respective log.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #256 on: <09-21-15/0658:04> »
For negative qualities I couldn't find other Common Allergie levels aside from [Extreme]. Uncommon Allergies were just fine.
When I choose skill groups for a character and break them afterwards, the values are reset to the group value despite keeping the karma expenditure listed in the respective log.
Hrm. The common allergies are fixed in the current dev build. Could you give me a little more detail about the skill group issue? I haven't been able to replicate it in Priority or Karmagen.

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #257 on: <09-21-15/0739:11> »
I ported a Character over from a previous build because of a crash when trying to open the char in the latest build (maybe due to lifestyle, as I know now).
During karma-creation I purchased several skill groups (Athletics, Stealth, Electronics), which were later split because of buying specializations.
Applying career karma I tried to raise some skills above rating 6. I saved, closed the character and re-opened it and the skills were back at group level.

I could replicate it with a Prime Sum-to-ten build where I put Stealth at 6 and Athletics at 4 and raised individual skills in career mode.
It not only reduced skills back from above rating 6 but also a Computer rating 3 back to Electronics 1.

silveroak

• Newb
« Reply #258 on: <09-21-15/2056:15> »
It didn't close tabs, it just wouldn't switch to them. It also refuses to activate the character made with life modules based on the fact it has too many points in skills. Not sure how to get around that. As to what errors, usually it was some kind of undefined object error- most of the files were ported from an earlier version of chummer5.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #259 on: <09-21-15/2101:40> »
Can you upload your character file somewhere? https://mixtape.moe is pretty painless.

ratfink1978

• Newb
« Reply #260 on: <09-22-15/0957:16> »

Im also noticing this in karma, and prioity builds.
« Last Edit: <09-22-15/0959:40> by ratfink1978 »

silveroak

• Newb
« Reply #261 on: <09-22-15/1050:15> »
Opening the file gave me an unhandled exception:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Chummer.frmCareer.cboTradition_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Coding\chummer5a\Chummer\frmCareer.cs:line 19608
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListControl.set_SelectedValue(Object value)
   at Chummer.frmCareer.frmCareer_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Coding\chummer5a\Chummer\frmCareer.cs:line 1148
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.96.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Chummer5
    Assembly Version: 0.5.174.0
    Win32 Version: 0.5.174.0
    CodeBase: file://MINI/Users/Ray/Documents/Shadowrun/Chummer5.174/Chummer5.exe
System.Core
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

I'll look for somewhere to post the actual file later.

silveroak

• Newb
« Reply #262 on: <09-22-15/1154:06> »
It also crashed when I tried add an initiation level, and will not allow me to add arts or rituals from street grimoire, even when I have the book checked as allowed source material.
« Last Edit: <09-22-15/1200:37> by silveroak »

Atlessa

• Newb
« Reply #263 on: <09-22-15/1237:43> »
Code: [Select]
<quality>
<id>e89db285-8db9-4a9c-80cb-94d87b86a80b</id>
<name>Allergy (Common, Mild)</name>
<karma>-10</karma>
<category>Negative</category>
<metagenetic>yes</metagenetic>
<limit>no</limit>
<bonus>
<selecttext />
</bonus>
<source>SR5</source>
<page>78</page>
</quality>

Pretty sure they should NOT be metagenetic...

silveroak

• Newb
« Reply #264 on: <09-22-15/1547:34> »
here is (a copy of) the file that is causing most of the problems: file
« Last Edit: <09-22-15/1549:25> by silveroak »

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #265 on: <09-22-15/1853:33> »
@Atlessa: Allergy thing is fixed in the next build, I'm not sure where that crept in from.

@Silveroak: Your character loads fine for me. I can get it to crash by disabling Street Grimoire, so there's something odd going on. Could you upload your settings file?

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #266 on: <09-22-15/2320:27> »
Regarding the allergies, likely a holdover from the old Chummer for SR4a, as the allergies were also allowed metagenetic qualities and you could cut the list down to show only those, but otherwise the allergies remained always visible because they didn't require any of the SURGE qualities to become visible.  It's possible any of the other general qualities that were also legal metagenetic qualities will do the same if they haven't already been cleaned.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #267 on: <09-23-15/0055:30> »
Hrm. Unless I wrote the code wrong, only positive metagenetic qualities should be hidden anyway. I'll take a look after work.

Fariq

• Newb
« Reply #268 on: <09-23-15/0442:25> »
I have updated to the latest version and now my old characters will not load at all and new character I have made with the new version will load but get an error message and are loaded up as a karma build (even if they were not) with 400 karma left to spend, regardless of how far in the creation process they have gone.  I am not the most tech savvy, but if there is any information to supply from there that would be helpful let me know.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #269 on: <09-23-15/0639:04> »
If you encounter an error, your character will not load completely. All of the values will be defaults. Take a screenshot or copy the error you get. I'm mostly interested in the first five lines or so.