NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #150 on: <04-22-15/1146:06> »
Crap, I see the problem. Enable the house rule 'Karma Build: Free Knowledge Skills Like Priority Build'. I appear to have messed up the logic for priority and sum-to-ten while making it work for karmagen.
« Last Edit: <04-22-15/1147:43> by Chummer 5 is Alive »

anchoress

• Chummer
« Reply #151 on: <04-22-15/1212:57> »
Really great work! Is there a certain place to report bugs? Because i use the new chummer a lot and would like to contribute at least a bit of bug tracking work :)

What i've found so far recently:
1) Metavariants don't work anymore in karmagen since edi 0.5.159.1
2) Skill groups cost 10 karma in karmagen for the first point, which should be 5.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #152 on: <04-22-15/1248:30> »
That fixed it. 

How do you make College Education from Run Faster Work?  When I choose academic knowledge skills, it still costs me one build point per rank, rather than 2 for 1
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #153 on: <04-22-15/1647:35> »
The half price discount only applies to karma values, if I'm interpreting the rounding correctly. Reduce skill point cost by half to 0.5, which is then rounded back up to 1. Is it not working for karma for you?

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #154 on: <04-22-15/1745:40> »
Wording of the College Education:

the character can buy Academic Knowledge skills at half price (rounded up) during character creation. After character creation, Academic.  Knowledge skill ranks of 3 or higher receive a 1 Karma cost reduction for each rank.

Hard Knocks:

the character can buy Street Knowledge skills at a rate of 2 for 1 during character creation. After character creation, Street Knowledge skill ranks of 3 or higher receive a 1 Karma cost reduction for each rank.

Tech School Education:

the character can buy Professional Knowledge skills at a rate of 2 for 1 during character creation. After character creation, Professional Knowledge skill ranks of 3 or higher receive a 1 Karma cost reduction for each rank.

Since the default character gen method is priority, the quality would have to address the build from a free knowledge points perspective, not just the karma buy perspective.  The powers seem to be intended to do the same thing in each case.  I interpret this to mean that for three knowledge skill points in character gen, I get six ranks of that knowledge skill (or for two point, I get rank four). 

After character gen, the cost of knowledge skill rank 3 and up is reduced by one each. 

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #155 on: <04-22-15/1749:04> »
A huge thank you for your work, by the way. The work around that I was using was to click "ignore character creation rules" so that I could make the ranks correct to print the character sheet. 

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #156 on: <04-22-15/1939:00> »
Sure, I completely agree that that's probably how the rule is supposed to be interpreted based on the other qualities. But in the absence of an errata to say otherwise, I have to go with RAW, which says that you half the cost, then round up.

MadDogMaddux

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
  • Special Agent #132
« Reply #157 on: <04-27-15/1452:14> »
Hey Chummeer5, is your work based on the original files hosted on google, or is it based on the Chummer5A files that have been on github for a while?

I ask because I've run into some errors in the information on the Chummer5A version, and have been instructing my players to use the google host and manually update per the instructions earlier on this thread.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #158 on: <04-27-15/1819:38> »
If you're referring to code.google.com/p/chummer5a/, that's my work, yes. Google Code is being discontinued, so I ported the project over to github a month or so ago.

anchoress

• Chummer
« Reply #159 on: <04-28-15/1556:35> »
Really great work! Is there a certain place to report bugs? Because i use the new chummer a lot and would like to contribute at least a bit of bug tracking work :)

What i've found so far recently:
1) Metavariants don't work anymore in karmagen since edi 0.5.159.1
2) Skill groups cost 10 karma in karmagen for the first point, which should be 5.
May i re-new my questions from a week ago?

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #160 on: <04-28-15/1834:02> »
Metavariants are working fine in 5.164, I'm not aware of any issues they had in the first place. Skill groups were also fixed back in like 5.161 or something.

anchoress

• Chummer
« Reply #161 on: <04-28-15/1856:34> »
In Charmagen it wasn't possible (for me, at least) to choose a metavariant from the typical metatypes (orks, elfs, etc. were working, but the choice boxes for dryads, ogres, etc. were empty). 5.164 isn't released yet, right? Just took a look at http://chummer5a.github.io/chummer5a/ and it still says 5.163 is the newest version.

Anyways, i don't want to sound like a jerk! It is great, that you keep chummer alive and i really appreciate it :)

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #162 on: <04-28-15/1954:03> »
Is the Run Faster book enabled in your options?

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #163 on: <04-28-15/2026:48> »
Also, do you still have the custom & override files from our previous attempts at keeping Chummer5 current with the released books?  I found an issue with the metavariants at one point, which resolved itself when I removed said custom & override files from the data folder.

anchoress

• Chummer
« Reply #164 on: <05-07-15/0301:27> »
Is the Run Faster book enabled in your options?
Just took a look at the new 5.166 version. Found out that sicne a certain edition all except the GRB was disabled in the list. Beforehand every additional rulework was activated by default. So apologizes, the error was on my side.

What if ound out is that there is still a mechanic implemented combined to the "Catlike" positive quality. It should add +2 to your sneaking dicepool. But as long as you don't have a skill rating of 3 it adds 0 or just 1 point to the sneaking DP. It is easily reproduceable.